Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Industrial Estate Development Plan

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey,

I am currently studying aa MSc in Urban Regeneration and I am interested in doing an assignment on Sandyford Industrial Estate. It's regeneration plan was one of the biggest in Europe at the time, and it is now in serious trouble. Can anyone direct me to where I could obtain more information or photographs? Is there a development plan for the area?

I would appreciate any contribution.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try Dun Laoire Rathdown County Council, www.dlrcoco.ie, as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 2can

there isn't much to be found there unfortunately. Just a report on a meeting that was held in 2008. I'm looking for a full scale strategic plan. I image one must have been made around 1998 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I know it's not much help, but I used to live in the area, and many years ago local residents got a brochure/ booklet in the door explaining the plans they had. I don't have it anymore, but if that's the kind of thing you're looking for I know it exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

You could try e-mailing or ringing the council and ask them do they have any hard copies, I'd be 100% certain they would do. You could try An Bord Pleanala also.

Advertisement