Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vox Ac30cc2 Static/Rumbling Problem

Options
  • 03-11-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I recently purchased second hand ac30cc2. This problem semms to be getting worse and worse and is most identifieable on a clean amp setting. When ever i hit a certain chord or not and let it hang there seems to be an almost static like noise coming through the speakers. It doesnt interupt the note but seems to come in behind it. It will stay there and then fade off. Once in a while it seems to go away but is usually there. It is also barly noticeable when using higher gain(tube screamer). It happens on all guitars. Could it be the pots possibly being dirty?, i can notice a very faint scratchy sound on the master volume, or posibly something to do with the tubes? Hopefully it is an easy fix i could do my self. I really love the tone of the amp so any help to make this go away would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Try re-tubing it, same happened to me before and it was the tubes.

Advertisement