Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build advice needed

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Well my old comp packed it in today, it was mostly over 5 years old anyway so I've a good excuse to do a build :)

My budget is about 400-500 and I'm happy to order from Hardwareversand. I already have hard drives, DVD drive (IDE), OS, monitor (20" VGA/DVI), speakers and keyboard,

So i guess I need :
    - case
    - cpu
    - psu
    - mobo
    - graphics card
    - mouse
    - any other cooling stuff I'll need (e.g. thermal paste, heatsink, etc) not sure what's needed by modern set-ups in this regard.

The box will be for general use - a lot of heavy duty photo management (lightroom and photoshop), software dev, some video editing. Maybe a little gaming - I wouldn't mind checking out the Civ 5 ;) I may get a second 20" monitor at some point also so would like dual monitor support. I'd also like it to be fairly reasonable in terms of power usage.

your help is very much appreciated!

Advertisement