Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanity Must Be Destroyed!! (Two Minutes' Hate) 20140525 - SEE RULES IN POST #2

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

upmeath wrote: »
    Staying with linguistics, most of the Irish people I know living in London complain of a widespread misinterpretation of and inability to pronounce Irish first names.

:( I've had to add a 'Ms' into my email signature in work, because so many people I've been in email contact with seem to think I'm a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

That’s a friend of mine. He’s obviously hit the big time if boardsies are citing his work.

Fishie wrote: »
    :( I've had to add a 'Ms' into my email signature in work, because so many people I've been in email contact with seem to think I'm a man.
    Don't feel bad - I work with a girl called Ashley who is frequently addressed as Mr. in her emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I get called by my surname, and addressed by it in letters too..I woudn't mind if it sounded like a first name but it doesn't.

In my workplace we have daily discussions about how illiterate graduates and post graduate are, based on our actual experiences. My colleague went mad last week because at her grandchild's birthday, they went to some kind of kid-space that provides food and a soft play area... the banner, as they went in, read 'Jessica birthday'. She approached the manager about this and he just shrugged. Small issue to some, but this isn't tough grammer...it's basic.

I get called by my surname...
    Oh I get that too! All the time, no matter where I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sadnav

Small issue to some, but this isn't tough grammer...it's basic.

pot kettle :)

sadnav wrote: »
    pot kettle :)

My spelling and grammer is far from good, I know that well, so I'm hardly on a high horse. I have a grasp on the basics, for the most part :confused:

It matters a lot where I work; for example, we had a case last week where the referral said this, and only this: "arrm enjurry". Meaning, 'arm injury', but come on!!

Interesting read: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-olympics/article-23983067-bosses-shocked-by-hundreds-of-games-staff-who-cannot-read-or-write.do

It matters a lot where I work; for example, we had a case last week where the referral said this, and only this: "arrm enjurry". Meaning, 'arm injury', but come on!!
    You don't speak pirate?

jesus!:eek: I missed my chance to meet a real live pirate!! Ah feck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

jesus!:eek: I missed my chance to meet a real live pirate!! Ah feck!

And it might have been serious - depending on the arm, he might have ended up with an injured parrot too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Another hate: Westfield Stratford. Mainly the people who let their children use scooters full whack, and parent's who stroll with massive buggies and while walking look everywhere except where they are going.

Also, people who think it's cool to dress like Dappy from NDubz, and lollop around the place taking photos of themselves in front of Primark:mad:

Yes i did get out of bed the wrong side today.

dont get me started on there scooters, if i have to put an end to another squabble over a scooter, il go mad...aagh

Mc Kenzie wrote: »
    dont get me started on there scooters, if i have to put an end to another squabble over a scooter, il go mad...aagh

Is it just me or are parents using scooters as substitute prams when their kids get too big for prams? Most of the time, the kids are just standing on the scooter being dragged along by their mother or father. Wtf? Let them walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

I know it goes against the spirit of the thread but I'd just like to thank you all for cheering me up this morning. I don't feel quite so miserable knowing that I'm not the only moaning micheal in the place.................and Yes what is it with people taking pictures of themselves outside shops and taking up half the aisle while they do it!!!!!!!!!Why would you want a photo of yourself outside Primark

But my ultimate hate has to be when people are walking along and then they just stop dead right infront of you especially if you're rushing!! Drives me up the walls!!:mad:

Cheetara wrote: »

But my ultimate hate has to be when people are walking along and then they just stop dead right infront of you especially if you're rushing!! Drives me up the walls!!:mad:

I had to leave the centre last week because of this. Was worried it was just me being the moaning michael, phew!!!!

I had to leave the centre last week because of this. Was worried it was just me being the moaning michael, phew!!!!

Oh no you are not alone on this one. Nearly screamed at a woman this morning in the tube for doing this!!!!!!!Added to the fact that I am not a morning person she was very lucky it wasnt a lot worse ;)

I was stuck in Bank station for over twenty minutes this morning, in the labyrinth between tube lines. It was horribly hot, I was surrounded by sweaty people and nobody had any idea what was going on. To make it even more infuriating, there was the frequent announcement that there were problems on the Victoria line but “a good service on all other underground lines” – could they not have used the announcement system to tell us what was going on ffs? To top it all off I was late for work :( but thankfully they were understanding about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Fishie wrote: »
    I was stuck in Bank station for over twenty minutes this morning, in the labyrinth between tube lines. It was horribly hot, I was surrounded by sweaty people and nobody had any idea what was going on. To make it even more infuriating, there was the frequent announcement that there were problems on the Victoria line but “a good service on all other underground lines” – could they not have used the announcement system to tell us what was going on ffs? To top it all off I was late for work :( but thankfully they were understanding about it.

Did you get remined not to leave your newspaper at the top of the escalator

One of those big Maersk trucks got stuck on its side under a bridge near where I work...which meant that the station closed..and the next station is AAAAGES away...and funnily enough, TFL decided NOT to tell me this, or anyone in fact, even tho the station was shut from 9:30am until just now, when the truck has been shifted.

Ah Lahndahn.

Did you get remined not to leave your newspaper at the top of the escalator

Of course! (Which makes me want to go and collect newspapers, then dump them all over the escalators)

Dear work, why would you put someone who couldn't find their own arse with both hands & a torch in charge of a major project? Seriously...why?!

• Advertisement

One of those big Maersk trucks got stuck on its side under a bridge near where I work...which meant that the station closed..and the next station is AAAAGES away...and funnily enough, TFL decided NOT to tell me this...
    I remember taking the Piccadilly line to Heathrow not too long ago, it took almost an hour to get from Earl's Court to Acton, at which point it was decided that the train would terminate. During the course of an approximately 20-minute wait on the platform for another train, myself and the other now-furious passengers were informed on no fewer than three occasions that "there is currently a good service operating on all London Underground lines".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Metro is free every morning, if there are no copies at your station, you're bound to pick up a used one on the Tube, so please refrain from sitting beside me and looking into my paper while I'm reading it. Drives me mad!

Metro is free every morning, if there are no copies at your station, you're bound to pick up a used one on the Tube, so please refrain from sitting beside me and looking into my paper while I'm reading it. Drives me mad!

That is so annoying but i've had people lean over and try and read my Kindle which I thought was a new low!!

...please refrain from sitting beside me and looking into my paper while I'm reading it.
    Keep your paper out of my face and then you won't have a problem.

oooh snappy!!

It wrecks my head when people walk past women or men struggling with a buggy at tube station steps..as if they are invisible. Have people no consideration? Even if they decline the help, ask!! Ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Today I was on the bus- I sat on the top deck which was completely empty. This man got on and sat next to me....every other seat was available ffs!!!

God save me from chirpy morning people!!! Arrived into work this morning and just got asked 50 questions and it's not even 7am!!!! What is wrong with some people!!

Cheetara wrote: »
    God save me from chirpy morning people!!! Arrived into work this morning and just got asked 50 questions and it's not even 7am!!!! What is wrong with some people!!

I don't think these people are human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Fúck off London with your ****ty air quality, your bloody sirens, your commuting, your standing on the right, your mind-numbing rent prices, and a big special two-fingers to stupid people who are, need I add, not unique to just London. Fúck right off.*

I am having an extremely bad day and fit to punch someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Fúck off London with your ****ty air quality, your bloody sirens, your commuting, your standing on the right, your mind-numbing rent prices, and a big special two-fingers to stupid people who are, need I add, not unique to just London. Fúck right off.*

I am having an extremely bad day and fit to punch someone.

You forgot the terrible standard of the pints.

Glad to see all you folks are still embittered about London life! Ah, fresh Irish air is now filling my lungs every day on my walk 20 minute walk to work. Lovely!

Advertisement