Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i was hoping to buy a mobile phone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It will work fine on any network here. O2 and Meteor would be the best as its not a 3G handset if you want to use internet.

Do you want it sim free? Cause you could get it here from the networks and save a little cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

the o2 .ie network but couldnt get it was only on the o2 uk site

i wasnt sure what sim free was,

I thought that meant u could use it on there network

o2 dont have it here, but eMobile, meteor and vodafone have it for €89, €109 and €109 respectively.

Sim free means it comes with no sim, and you can put any network sim into it. When you buy from Vodafone it will only take a Vodafone sim for example.

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=37
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=460045&offerSelected=prepaynew&action=view
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/nokia_C3/?gclid=CN6k_NnYhaUCFdD92Aod40oiOw#what-you-get-tab

so which would be the best mobile company to buy from it

Well eMobile is the cheapest. Check out their price plans to see if they suit your usage needs. If you not sure, post here how much calls and texts you use, and people will give you opinions

• Advertisement

just want to buy the phone put the sim card in and top up , pre pay

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

faolteam wrote: »
    just want to buy the phone put the sim card in and top up , pre pay

But what do you want to do with the phone, Are you going to be using the internet, do you make many calls texts, do you want apps, do you want a good camera, do you want wifi?

im looking for a good robust phone reasonable camera not to pushed about internet , maybe wifi

but can u just tell me if i buy the nokia c3 meteor phone,
    i just put my o2.ie sim card in it and it will work on the o2 network ?

as i was explained i cant do it with vodafone and the emobile dont have it

Have a look at the nokia e5, it would be a lot better phone for around the same price, 5mp camera & WiFi

Not in pink though:(

buts its 80 euro dearer

• Advertisement

faolteam wrote: »
    buts its 80 euro dearer

Do you have to stay with o2, they have no pre pay add on for internet so there not suited to anybody using a phone like your considering.

Vodafone are 189.99, Meteor & emobile are 189.99, 02 is 209:eek: and 3 have it for 149.

Unless there's some reason you have to stay with o2 i'd be switching networks.

so i have to stick with it im thinking of going for a Nokia C3 or the Nokia 5230 which u go for
    which is the best?

Advertisement