Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I was asked for a light today..

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I was asked for a cigarette one night when I was on my way to meet work colleagues in a restaurant. I just said "Sorry, I don't - haven't picked up that habit yet!" meaning to be funny but - jesus, the evil look she gave me! Two days later, this happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I had a **** on a plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I got a letter asking to see my bank statements.
    The cheek of them just assuming i have a bank account!

That you Bertie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 moondrizzle

I went and hot a haircut today, the barber did not need to spray my hair because it was already slightly wet from the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I found out today a billion is 1,000 million, as opposed to 1,000,000 million- there was me thinking the country was fucked:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A while ago someone asked me if I had a fag. I couldn't be bothered telling him I didn't smoke so I just said "no". He waited until I was at the end of the street and then shouted "F**K YOU!" about six times.

Next time anyone asks me for a fag or a light I'm going to tell them I don't smoke. Either that or I'll stab them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I got a letter addressed to The Occupent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I have a keyring torch that i pull out in these situations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

PS carrying a lighter even when you don't smoke is a good way to be a helpful chappie to a lady who needs one...NO?
    And you might just get to ride the bum off her.
    carrying a light when you do smoke is a good way of not looking like a complete fücking moron.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Myself and a friend were waiting outside a nightclub for a taxi, my friend was smoking, I wasnt cos I dont. This lad walked up and asked for a light. My mate replied "guay outa that". Yerman couldnt believe it. He started shouting "Do you know who I am? I could have you killed in a second, no-one would even know! I've seen your face, I'll remember you, you f@ggot". With that he walked up to one of the bouncers, who not only gave him a light, but supplied a ciggie aswell. All the while yerman was mumbling "look at those f@ggots over there, did you see that?"

My mate was a dick, but yerman was an even bigger dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Magenta wrote: »
    I was asked for my favourite humming noise today..
    Yes, I was visiting a clinic at the Mater Hospital and upon regging ya wan behind the counter went through my details and landed me with this bomb of 'what's your favourite humming noise'.

I just went 'wtf' in my head and after an awkward slience said 'err none'.
    Then she just wobbled her head and promptly kept typing into her pc.

Now, what frigging relevance is my favourite humming noise in order to get treatment in a hospital?

Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a hospital care about my favourite humming noise :confused:

Me knob rasping off yer flaps missus....

:o Your'e a girl... ,sorry 'bout that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

so, what insignificant few seconds could you have made a big deal out of today??:D

The fact that the guy (with the frogs requiring painting) came into my work today:

Me: "Hi"
    Guy: "Grand day out"
    Me: "Yeah it is"

He never mentioned the feckin frogs.... :eek:

I could have made a big deal of it..

But I didn't..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Was it dark out by any chance ? :D

Advertisement