Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle to work scheme

• 03-11-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hey could anyone tell me if I was to buy a bike worth 8/900 euro, how much would it work out at roughly under the bike to work scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

thehamo wrote: »
    Hey could anyone tell me if I was to buy a bike worth 8/900 euro, how much would it work out at roughly under the bike to work scheme?

google cycle to work scheme or bike to work scheme and you will get all answers about discount (up to 48%) dependent on income..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

If you are on the top tax bracket then a €1000 bike will cost you €510 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭justo

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You save the income levy as well (the online calculators often ignore this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    U can save anything from 0 up to 56% depending on how much you earn. Generally if u are on the lower rate of tax you would save 30%(20 tax, 8 prsi and 2 income levy) and the higher rate of tax 51%(41 tax 8prsi and 2 levy). You might save even more next year if they increase tax, don't think they will pull it in the budget as i'd say they are making money on the amount of bikes being sold thru vat and taxes on the extra profit the bike shops are making.
    Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement