Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse Collection Cork City

Options
  • 04-11-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my Gf moved into a house in Cork City they have had a bin out now with a few weeks with a bin tag but its never been taken. They called into the city hall or something like that and were told they need to pay 300 euro a year as well as the bin tag each time they use the bin. Is this true?

They maybe will put out the bin once every 5 weeks so seems alot of money. Any other cheaper pay as you go plans?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Vain wrote: »
    Hi guys my Gf moved into a house in Cork City they have had a bin out now with a few weeks with a bin tag but its never been taken. They called into the city hall or something like that and were told they need to pay 300 euro a year as well as the bin tag each time they use the bin. Is this true?

They maybe will put out the bin once every 5 weeks so seems alot of money. Any other cheaper pay as you go plans?

Thanks.

300 euro a year!? And it's a pay as you go system! Wtf, that's madness!
    Myself and the gf just moved into a house last week too, we went for Greenstar, they have an offer in Cork at the mo where you get 3 months for free.
    Work's out at 200 euro for the year for a 140L rubbish bin collected twice a month, a 240L recycling bin collected 3 times a month and a 140L glass bin collected once a month, and there's no pay as you go or weight thing! You can pay quarterly too which I opted for.

I know it says the offer is only until 31st of October but I rang up and they said it had been extended, signed up and to my suprise the bins were there when I got home from work!

If you really want you can get a 240L rubbish bin and the price is 260, but for two people I don't think it's needed, most stuff will be recycled anyway!
    (EDIT: just saw you said your gf moved out, thought you said you and your gf, so I assumed 2 ppl!)

If you're intent on PAYG I think wiser do a 50 euro for the year PAYG thing, but I just went for the simple yearly charge with Greenstar to avoid stupid bin tags and weight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

MIght be worth seeing if you and a neighbour (or someone on Boards nearby) could "share" a bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Thanks guy will look into both.

Does anyone know of a company that does pay as you go like buying a bin tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

O'Donoghue waste, €10 a lift pay as you go

Advertisement