Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defence force candidate, Vision,

• 04-11-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

"Corrected to 6/6"

Can someone put me right on this please. Does "Corrected" mean the use of glasses or contact lenses are exceptable ??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

"Corrected to 6/6"

Can someone put me right on this please. Does "Corrected" mean the use of glasses or contact lenses are exceptable ??

Thanks.

Yes, as long as your eyes, uncorrected, are still within the minimum levels (6/18 I believe for Cadets)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Thanks for that, is this requirement the same for a regular enlisted soldier??

If laser surgery was carried out, would anyone know ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Unaided and untreated vision of not less than 6/36 in both eyes, but which can be corrected to at least 6/12 in each eye or not less than 6/6 in the right eye and not less than 6/36 in the left eye, with normal colour vision. Both eyes must be free from disfiguring or incapacitating abnormality and free from acute or chronic disease. There must be no evidence of squint or latent squint. Applicants who have had previous incisional or laser treatment to correct visual acuity are excluded from eligibility.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Unless you're applying for a position as a clinical psychologist, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Basically, you can have bad eyesight in both, corrected to 6/12 with lenses, or good in your shooting eye and bad in your other, without the need to correct with lenses.

The eyesight requirement for GS is less than that for Cadets. I don't know what the minimums are, contact your Bde. Manpower Office.

Advertisement