Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I was asked for my mobile network today....

• 04-11-2010 1:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I was visiting a clinic at the local regional hospital and upon regging ya wan behind the counter went through my details and landed me with this bomb of 'what mobile network I am'.

I just went 'wtf' in my head and after an awkward slience said 'err no network'. Then she just wobbled her head and promptly kept typing into her pc.

Now, what frigging relevance is my mobile network in order to get treatment in a hospital?:mad:

Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a hospital care about my mobile network?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm asked for my mobile network almost every time I try to buy top-up credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Nosey bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Ah jaysus op she was just trying to get your number without sounding too desperate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I wouldn't have been offended by such a question, it's not like she asked you what biscuit you have with your tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

if they ask me i always respond "0meteofone" confuses them to no end but then i love being confusing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

But what is the legality of her asking what my network is? Why is it relevant to my treatment? Why can she not respect my lack of a wish to want to use or even possible want to be come further maybe in the future a user or not of a hypothetical mobile support network?!

I AM BEING OPPRESSED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

WHAT????

What "legal right" did she have to ask you something like that? The neck on her. Damn "Catherlicks" with their discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just tell her you're still on Eircell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Thinks this thread will get over 850 posts?

Thinks this thread will get over 850 posts?
    If our "mucky" friend from the other thread discovers this thread then most probably.

Providing he can decipher the title that is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,450 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seaneh wrote: »
    Why is it relevant to my treatment?

She probably wanted to send you free texts, I wouldn't admit I was on Tesco either:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sparks1234

asked what mobile network?? there's more than one? isn't everyone still 088-??

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Just tell her you're still on Eircell :)

I am sure that is what she assumed, it was a eircell founded network system in that hospital. You see, they auto-assumed that I had a mobile network. How dare they, and further more, they auto assumed that I am evil and they denied me vital life saving treatment because of my lack of a mobile network and they stole my soul and they let the dingos take my baby and I am so oppressed and nobody understands me and i make no ****ing sense and contradict myself un every second post and the dingos didnt actually steal my baby and the hospital actually stopped them from doing so but because i am wrong i am going to change the topic.

Why should they had mobile networks in hospitals at all?
    What about all of us who dont have a network? why should their network paramiters be forced on us?!?!?!:mad:

I read the first page of that other thread, his question was very clearly answered in the fist few posts. What are they still talking about?

Thats a rhetorical question cause I really don't care.

Yeah you're right seaneh. The mobiel netwroks are opressing us. Their asuming i know how to use a mobile phone. The neck on them with their mobile ethos. Every year medical trials get stopped because of mobiel networks and their influence on the mobiel board.

The Mater hospital - Founded by the Mobile Phone (ALL YE CHEAP FECKERS WITHOUT ONE CAN HIT THE ROAD... LITERALLY)

Have ye seen this new network from An Post? Postphone. I'm sure thats gonna take off like a flock of birds after a shot fired.

I made up my own simile here, highlight of my night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

The worst is parents who force there kids to join the network they are on. How dare they, Its child abuse! Surely children should be allowed to choose there own provider... it's definitely NOT a parents place to decide anyway... unless of course the parent decides no network for the kid... thats definitely OK :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

seaneh the more i think about it you should reply "i am with *insert cheapest operator*, cause they are the cheapest and i have no money, now with regards to that medical bill you were asking me to pay..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

They ask so that they can contact your priest, rabbi, swami etc in the event of your imminent demise.

mickrock wrote: »
    They ask so that they can contact your priest, rabbi, swami etc in the event of your imminent demise.

Only if they are on the same network as you. Otherwise it'll cost too much and you'll die in sin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I converted from Vodafone to Meteor a few years ago. I will not stand to hear any insults against my network.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's those baxtards in the singles ads that say something like GSOH, own house, car etc, must be 086.

THE OPPRESSION!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Maybe it was so they could buy you credit if you were dying? Or they wanted to see how much money you have so you'll be able to pay for your treatment? It's awful the stigma attached to being with Meteor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

:confused:Why didn’t you just ask her why she was asking instead of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yes, I was visiting a clinic at the local regional hospital and upon regging ya wan behind the counter went through my details and landed me with this bomb of 'what mobile network I am'.

I just went 'wtf' in my head and after an awkward slience said 'err no network'. Then she just wobbled her head and promptly kept typing into her pc.

Now, what frigging relevance is my mobile network in order to get treatment in a hospital?:mad:

Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a hospital care about my mobile network?:confused:

Copy & Paste much Alison?

The mobile network does not run the hospital. You knew that.

Will you be shouting abuse in response to this post?:confused:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68831035&postcount=686
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251

gurramok wrote: »

THEY DO!!!!
    They're in league with those evil scheming Catholics. Together they shall deliver diabolical healthcare using only "non-fatal procedures"

They're concocting benzene and methanol cocktails conveniently called "Health drinks" for all those filthy pagans that darken their doors. The mobile networks just decide on their code of ethics and ethos.

There are two people who have shares in the network on the board and the rest of the board is mad eup of people who may or may not use that mobile network

CLEARLY the mobile network runs the hospital and denies peoples basic care based on their network choice.
    Can't you read simple english!??!

THEY DO!!!!
    They're in league with those evil scheming Catholics. Together they shall deliver diabolical healthcare using only "non-fatal procedures"

They're concocting benzene and methanol cocktails conveniently called "Health drinks" for all those filthy pagans that darken their doors. The mobile networks just decide on their code of ethics and ethos.

Where is your proof of such ownership? Your posts in defending the Catholic Church were pathetic in the other thread so back up what you say in this thread.

Jayzus, 2 religious posters start a new thread as they lose a debate on religion. Post away unless the Mods see what you are up to and decide their correct course of action.

• Advertisement

Where is your proof of such ownership?
    You want the receipts for the methanol and benzene to prove that the Mater own them? Sure thing buddy. Sure I was the one who ordered them, me being a Catholic fanatic and all.
    Your posts in defending the Catholic Church were pathetic in the other thread so back up what you say in this thread.
    My posts were pathetic? Nah. The one replying to them though...

Jayzus, 2 religious posters start a new thread as they lose a debate on religion. Post away unless the Mods see what you are up to and decide their correct course of action.
    They lost a debate? Against you? The only thing that could lose a debate against you is a rock.

AH answer to this ecumenical matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

They lost a debate? Against you? The only thing that could lose a debate against you is a rock.

My money would be on the rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

GO ROCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Absolutely no relevance, but it might be for the "text reminder" you get for your next appointment. They are probably on free text packages so to cut down on costs put you in whatever network category that they can send free texts to.

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    Absolutely no relevance, but it might be for the "text reminder" you get for your next appointment. They are probably on free text packages so to cut down on costs put you in whatever network category that they can send free texts to.

But they are auto-assuming that i have a network, i find this very offensive, this country is made up of lots of people, those with the same network as the hospital, those with another network and people without a network. Why shoul the hospitals use of mobile networks be forced on the patients.!?!?!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's so if you die they know which of your relatives they can contact for free using your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Why shoul the hospitals use of mobile networks be forced on the patients.!?!?!
    Did they hold a gun to your head and force you to join Vodafone,O2,Meteor??You used to be able to tell what network people were on based on the prefix 086=O2 087=Vodafone etc but not anymore. I dont see what the big deal is.

Its a fairly valid reason tbh, i only ring certain mates from my mobile based on their network as its a free call then.

wrote:
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Thats a lot of angry faces for something you shouldnt be that angry about really.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Ya see some people on certain mobile networks have certainpreferences like some wont take blood transfusions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Posy wrote: »
    It's so if you die they know which of your relatives they can contact for free using your phone.
    And you are going to die, Seanah, shortly after they saw your scrotum in half and harvest your testicles with a rusty coat hanger. This procdure is carried out as part of the evil ethos of the hospital....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Where is your proof of such ownership? Your posts in defending the Catholic Church were pathetic in the other thread so back up what you say in this thread.

It must be one of those "mobile network followers" :O
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Did they hold a gun to your head and force you to join Vodafone,O2,Meteor??You used to be able to tell what network people were on based on the prefix 086=O2 087=Vodafone etc but not anymore. I dont see what the big deal is.

Its a fairly valid reason tbh, i only ring certain mates from my mobile based on their network as its a free call then.

Thats a lot of angry faces for something you shouldnt be that angry about really.

Please tell me you're not taking this seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

itd save some time to ask for the network by name in future:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Posy wrote: »

LMAO :D
    Probably not that far off the mark tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

maybe you went into a phone shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Have ye seen this new network from An Post? Postphone. I'm sure thats gonna take off like a flock of birds after a shot fired.

I made up my own simile here, highlight of my night.

You were watching Steel Magnolias when you posted that werent you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

should of said you were on the jedi network.

probably wouldn't have got it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Pasto2phoism! with the great flying 3g monster =D.

I dont know about you but I'm sick of these networks,with there CEO hiding these abuse scandals so the company wont get a bad name and let others take over...Shower of basterds...THey doo nothin but brain wash.Did those PHONies set up Hospitals and Orphanages and go too places around the world in order too heal...Hah no..The government did that I'm sure and they are basters too...Be manipulated by these PHONists.

THERE ALL IGNORANY I TELLZ YA!ALL OF EM'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

You're right, it was. It all has ended after Cowen came to power with his blasphemy law and free cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I was in to get a nonlife threatening examination and there was no need to ask my mobile network unless the doctors planned to kill me!

Why should I change my view about mobile networks while on my deathbed? Nobody answered that question,

Magenta wrote: »
    I was in to get a nonlife threatening examination and there was no need to ask my mobile network unless the doctors planned to kill me!

Why should I change my view about mobile networks while on my deathbed? Nobody answered that question,

Time to hangup on this thread!

/hits unfollow button

• Advertisement
Advertisement