Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard Schnauzer

• 04-11-2010 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I am looking to buy a Standard Schnauzer puppy and have been searching for breeders in Ireland and Northern Ireland with no great success. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I don't see any reference to a Standard Schnauzer breed club but these people might have some contacts (not sure if it's the same thing) You will probably get a better reception from them further away from christmas though.

Giant Schnauzer Club of Ireland
    Mr. J. Stephens
    Wenden Kennels, Mount Venus Road, Rockbrook, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
    (01-4949800) Email: info@petsbehave.com

What I said on this thread also applies!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056079393

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Talk the Talker

Thanks for the info will follow up. Yes, read your link and couldn't agree with you more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 sapphireblue

The standard schnauzer club is now defunct as they say, I was the last secretary of it. There are very very few standard schnauzers in this country and less in the North of Ireland. However if you are still looking for one I can pass on the details of the 1 person in the North of Ireland who might be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Talk the Talker

Hi there

Thanks a million for getting in touch and for your kind offer. We managed to get a standard schnauzer 'Dougie' joined the family just before Christmas to the joy of our two girls:D They were delighted and so was their Dad! I finally relented and after a gap of nine years we have another dog in the house.

We got him from a new breeder in Northern Ireland (Tyrone) who had a lovely bitch. Dougie is doing well and keeping us all VERY active!! He is a good puppy but now I know when they said they are very strong willed dogs that they were not kidding!

Anyway, he is part of the gang now and currently lying snoozing on the floor like a wee cutie:)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niloinss

The standard schnauzer club is now defunct as they say, I was the last secretary of it. There are very very few standard schnauzers in this country and less in the North of Ireland. However if you are still looking for one I can pass on the details of the 1 person in the North of Ireland who might be able to help you.

Hi, I know this post is well over a year old now but I was wondering if you could help. We would love a standard schnauzer and can't find one. We can travel to Northern Ireland.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RoscoNI

Hi Guys,

Again I realise that this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a standard Schnauzer breeder? I have been looking for sometime now but with no luck. I would be willing to travel anywhere in Ireland but as I'm from Northern Ireland somewhere around the North would be preferable.

Many thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Can I suggest you contact sapphire blue by PM to make your query? I think it's pretty clear you're not going to have much luck sourcing a breeder other than by contacting someone who has a direct link to the breed.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement