Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best rates for currency conversion?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 4:37am

Or are they all generally the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or are they all generally the same?
    This.

Phone around, saying how much you want to convert, but be surprise if the difference is more than 1-2%.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bikr

If you're traveling abroad the best fares you get them by using your card to py for everything.
    That's my experience anyway.
    I bank with ulster

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

if you are travelling abroad check out whatsort of exchange rate you will gert where you are going.
    I went to Croatia recently and irish banks had a rate of 6.9 while tourist offices over there offered a rate of 7.3 that makes a quite a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see the Galway connection here so moved this to Banking.

It would probably help if you can name what currency you need and what for, like Travelling to China.

Sorry, it's Canadian Dollars I need, I'll be changing around 2500k. The way I see it, it would be better to change it all in one go and get charged once rathar than getting charged a few times when taking money out over there.

I put the thread in the Galway forum because that's where I'll be changing it, be the same all around the county I suppose now that I think of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement