Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing question? (problem neighbour)

Options
  • 04-11-2010 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi.

I have discovered that my next door neighbor, whom we have had numerous, serious problems with, (see my thread in personal issues) is living in the house her daughter got via the affordable housing scheme, where as the daughter lives permanently in the original family home. (mum and daughter seem to have done a house swap)
    Normally this type of thing wouldn't bother me, but the fact this neighbor is so much trouble, I'm wondering if their is anyone I should notify, and if so what the outcome would be?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ring the Council if you think there's something fraudulent going on. No way of knowing what the outcome is, you don't have full knowledge of their personal situation or what they've in place with the Council. Bear in mind that, if you have a long history of trouble with them, they will assume it was you who reported them, and could make life more unpleasant for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nordiestar

Is their a way of finding out if the house was purchased via ah before I involve the council?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well, you state in the OP that she did get it via AH. Did they tell you that themselves or what are you basing that on?

If they haven't told you that and you're just assuming it, I can't see the Council telling you. On the other hand, if you ring them to report this and it hasn't been bought through AH I imagine they would tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nordiestar

Well, you state in the OP that she did get it via AH. Did they tell you that themselves or what are you basing that on?

If they haven't told you that and you're just assuming it, I can't see the Council telling you. On the other hand, if you ring them to report this and it hasn't been bought through AH I imagine they would tell you that.

Sorry, should have mentioned I.was told by a neighbor.

If you look at personal issues, you will see the exact sort of woman I'm living beside!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lostaccount

I remember reading somewhere that the only time someone has been brought to court for not living in an ah property, the owner was ordered to move back in or sell and the clawback period was increased by the number of years they hadn't lived in the propery. Tried to find a link to the story but couldn't!

So it would prob mean that the daughter would be back living beside you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement