Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script, Aviva Stadium, July 2nd *No Ticket Sales*

Options
  • 04-11-2010 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, still can't call it by the corporate name.

Are they big enough to fill it??

Unsure of ticket prices as yet but hear that Macca may make an appearance

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i was surprised but id suppose a lot of people that are going to the o2 gigs will head to this aswell. Not a massive fan but caught some of there set at Oxegen 09 and they were quite good . I wont be hear for the gig because i shall be heading over to the Foo's gig :)

This means there out of the running for Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'd say they will if not it'll be nearly there! But in saying that they've already sold out the O2 for a couple of nights and then this gig is only 4 months after - might be too much for some people!

Also, I see there is a pre-sale for it, anyone know what the code is/will be? Didn't realise there was a fan club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

They'd know from ticketmaster how many sales were refused because of selling out so they'd have a rough idea of wether they could fill it or not. I'd say their audience would be repeat also. (hardcore fans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I'd also imagine ticket prices will be quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

44.20 I think its reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It says on Ticketmaster that there will be presale.
    Who will this be through? In that, you need to be an O2 customer to get presale for gigs there, or have an amex for Katy Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Anyone know who or how you can get a code for the presale? Because its in the Aviva it wont be for O2 customers or whatever like they have for The Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Oh dear god. Are boybands still that popular?

I suppose Westlife played Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Script are preparing to give Dubliners their biggest gig ever.
    The Herald can reveal that Danny O'Donoghue, Glen Power and Mark Sheehan will be headlining their first gig at Aviva Stadium next July, after shattering records for ticket sales earlier this year.
    Having sold out 60,000 tickets in 20 minutes for their March tour, they have been recruited to perform in front of 50,000 people on July 2, and promise that it's going to be a "massive one".
    The trio are fast becoming one of Dublin's most successful music exports, currently tackling the notoriously difficult-to-crack US market with much success.
    They broke Irish box office records in September, selling out their homecoming March tour dates in less than an hour, becoming the fastest selling live act in Ireland this year.
    Their new album, Science And Faith, has taken both the Irish and UK album charts by storm, shooting to the number one position and achieving platinum status in its first week of release
    Speaking to the Herald, drummer Glen Power said he "dreamed of this as a child" and can't wait to take to the stage of the brand new venue.
    "We were asked would we want to do it and we felt unsure about it originally," he said.
    "But then we thought about it and thought a lot of Irish fans missed out on getting tickets for our Irish tour, and there is still a lot of demand, so let's go back in the summer.
    "And we get to spend the summer back in Dublin, any excuse to get home."

I missed out on the other tickets so hope to get one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Been on the phone to ticketmaster. The guy didnt know exactly but he told me that for the pre-sale, there is an email sent out with a link on it and that you'd need to apply to get on that list.......checked with the aviva site aswell but they say nothing. Seems they want to keep them a secret!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the script play the aviva saturday 2nd july :eek: this shocked me after they have just sold out 3 dates at the o2 in march

and now they are playing a stadium 4 months after :rolleyes:

dont know if ill be going to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've merged the threads but I'm going to have to change the thread title so there's no confusion, I reckon this gig will receive a decent amount of discussion (sorry scudzilla).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

cheers for that :)im sorry i didnt see it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've merged the threads but I'm going to have to change the thread title so there's no confusion, I reckon this gig will receive a decent amount of discussion (sorry scudzilla).

Corporate whore :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

I'm not the biggest fan but come on now they're hardly a boy band, boy bands such as Westlife don't play their own instruments where as The Script do.
    Yeah considering that their biggest fans will be going to their o2 gigs I was surprised with the Aviva announcement because all those who are going to the 02 will probably not be willing to pay to go twice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea but these tickes would be a great X Mas pressie for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Anyone have any information on the presale cant find anything on it anywhere. Hopefully they dont sell out like the o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

im going . yaehhhhh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

when are tickets going on sale for this? dispointed that i couldnt get tictets for march. delighted with this. How much would tickets be for up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dilly32

If ur lookin for pre-sale tickets u need to have the 10yr rugby ticket, FAI or premium tickets for the Aviva stadium. These get codes sent to them via e-mail. I rang them and that's wot I woz told over the phone. Unless u know ppl with these u'll have to wait til Wed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

45 quid bargin

whats the story with the different standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

would anyone know the best possible tickets to get to see the script?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

desdman wrote: »
    would anyone know the best possible tickets to get to see the script?:confused:
    Lets see, theyre playing the Aviva so id recommend tickets to new zealand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

Lets see, theyre playing the Aviva so id recommend tickets to new zealand :pac:

How sarcastic:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dilly32

Does any1 know the link and code to get the pre sale tickets. I've missed out on o2 tickets. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

I'm looking for this presale code too and cant locate anything. Please if someone has it can you post it for the rest of us??

I am a huge fan and missed on the O2 tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

I got mine, Zone 2 :D

Zone 1 must have sold out in the presale!

Wonder what way it's being divided??

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

I got two Zone 1 tickets! Delighted to be right at the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

lavine7 wrote: »
    I got two Zone 1 tickets! Delighted to be right at the front!

I tried to get them but got the "no tickets available" crap. Ya must be very special :)

I'm VERY happy with my zone 2 :):):)

Wonder if it will sell out??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Booked tickets on the phone can't remember where I'm Sitting though and I got a reference number but can't find where to put it in to check the status of the order .

Advertisement