Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script, Aviva Stadium, July 2nd *No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Sound mate, been looking for ages. Are the Coronas defo on first do ya know??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

BigFatBass wrote: »
    jester1980 wrote: »
    ANY IDEA OF TIMES FOR ARTISTS ON SAT?
    I work in the AVIVA for concerts. Last week it was doors at 6 and then mary byrne was on bout 7.15. Because the AVIVA can't have concerts on later than 10.30, I would say the coronas will be on about 7.15, Tinnie will be on around 8 and then the script around 9!

Mary Byrne was also 15 mins late.
    And I'm pretty sure buble finished later than 10.30.

I need to be out by 11.15 though so hopefully it will finish early!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Just wondering if anyone knows what you're allowed to bring in with you to the Aviva. Like are you allowed to bring a bag or food (like a roll or sweets or something) or drinks (like a bottle of water)?

Just out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

RayCarley wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows what you're allowed to bring in with you to the Aviva. Like are you allowed to bring a bag or food (like a roll or sweets or something) or drinks (like a bottle of water)?

Just out of interest.
    Sometimes it depends on the steward, but for the most part food is grand and so are bottles. However, the bottles may have their caps removed. Alcohol of any kind is forbidden though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dubgirl24

jester1980 wrote: »
    Sound mate, been looking for ages. Are the Coronas defo on first do ya know??

Id also like to know if any1 knows which support act is on first?????
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Yes, Tinie Tempah will be opening for The Coronas. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I called Aviva today and was told it was doors open at 6. Coronas at 7. Tineh Tempeh at 8 and the Script around 9.

Ticketmaster didn't answer the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bee_minus

RayCarley wrote: »

Just out of interest.

I work as a steward on the outer cordon, green zone, we let food in no problem, but I'm not 100% how the run it at the turnstiles, so even if we allow it, there could be some power-mad fool up ahead, usually its fine tho. drinks in a plastic bottle are fine, no glass or cans, and alcohol isn't allowed at all past the stewards but you can buy inside. if either we or the gardai think someone looks too drunk, we can refuse them as well.
    as for other things, small telescopic umbrellas are fine but golf umbrellas or that kind of thing aren't. no prams at all, although i never got the idea of bringing a baby or small child to a concert, no bikes allowed inside, and again be careful where you chain them up, the gards have moved bikes by cutting chains before!! also, if you want to go for a cigarette, for matches they run a hand stamp system which I'm sure would be the same for concerts, again our job and stewards inside the stadium's jobs are completely different, so i wouldn't be fully sure, but absolutely no smoking inside, instant ejection from the stadium.
    i think that's about it! so if you're heading to the aviva through the green zone, look for the beardy guy who shouts a lot, that'd be me, and do enjoy!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

BigFatBass wrote: »
    I work in the AVIVA for concerts. Last week it was doors at 6 and then mary byrne was on bout 7.15. Because the AVIVA can't have concerts on later than 10.30, I would say the coronas will be on about 7.15, Tinnie will be on around 8 and then the script around 9!

Think Buble finished after 11

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bee_minus wrote: »
    I work as a steward on the outer cordon, green zone, we let food in no problem, but I'm not 100% how the run it at the turnstiles, so even if we allow it, there could be some power-mad fool up ahead, usually its fine tho. drinks in a plastic bottle are fine, no glass or cans, and alcohol isn't allowed at all past the stewards but you can buy inside. if either we or the gardai think someone looks too drunk, we can refuse them as well.
    as for other things, small telescopic umbrellas are fine but golf umbrellas or that kind of thing aren't. no prams at all, although i never got the idea of bringing a baby or small child to a concert, no bikes allowed inside, and again be careful where you chain them up, the gards have moved bikes by cutting chains before!! also, if you want to go for a cigarette, for matches they run a hand stamp system which I'm sure would be the same for concerts, again our job and stewards inside the stadium's jobs are completely different, so i wouldn't be fully sure, but absolutely no smoking inside, instant ejection from the stadium.
    i think that's about it! so if you're heading to the aviva through the green zone, look for the beardy guy who shouts a lot, that'd be me, and do enjoy!! :D

No caps on the bottles (plastic bottles) if your gonna try bring them in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Anyone know what time they should be finished at?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yerraya

Can anyone tell me what the story is with parking in the area? a friend is thinking of driving...was gonna bus it but half afraid the concert will run late and then we'd miss the last bus out of town..which wouldnt be the end of the world on a Saturday night only they've work in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Park in Connolly and get the dart straight out to Lansdowne. Same coming back.

yerraya wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the story is with parking in the area? a friend is thinking of driving...was gonna bus it but half afraid the concert will run late and then we'd miss the last bus out of town..which wouldnt be the end of the world on a Saturday night only they've work in the morning!

You can park on some streets around the stadium but your probably better of parking up and getting the Dart to save hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

The tossers have been soundchecking ALL day. Can't wait for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yerraya

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Right so the script arent going on until 9 ? Is that correct ? No hurry down to the concert then so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

The Coronas posted on their facebook account earlier that they will be on stage at 6.30pm sharp. Don't know if that's just to have people there or they really will start then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

AMAZING ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irishlad11

I've never been so bored senseless at a concert before :mad:, Thought it was looking good when The Script started after having to sit through Tinie Tempah but soon just got bored of their performance after a while and just left early :mad:............sound was bad as well, although I think I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway. Not as big of a fan of their's as I thought I was!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

The sound was terrible, didnt enjoy it that much either TBH

I really enjoyed it. Raging The Coronas didn't get to play longer. Sound was fine where I was. A video I took:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Thought Tinie Tempah was absolutely AWFUL!

I thought the Script were really good though, it was the crowd that made the atmosphere though, what a crowd :).

Didn't the Script have us singing nearly a whole song on our own, that was just a soul lifting moment.

And when Adele's "Some-one like you" came on during a break and the whole crowd sang all the words, that as a brilliant moment aswell!

And the mexican wave that we kept going for ages! I just felt really connected with the crowd!

Thought Tinie Tempah was absolutely AWFUL!

I thought the Script were really good though, it was the crowd that made the atmosphere though, what a crowd :).

Didn't the Script have us singing nearly a whole song on our own, that was just a soul lifting moment.

And when Adele's "Some-one like you" came on during a break and the whole crowd sang all the words, that as a brilliant moment aswell!

And the mexican wave that we kept going for ages! I just felt really connected with the crowd!

Yeh you're right actually. The crowd really were the stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm not a Script fan at all, just went along with the wife. We went in early and ended up with pit passes, I'd gladly pay extra every time or go well early for that. The sound there was perfect. The Coronas put on a good show, then Tinie Tempah, who's definitely not my taste at all came out and did a pretty good job at getting the crowd going. He was shíte but enthusiastic.
    Then the Script...

I have to say I thought they were brilliant. Maybe its because I had low expectations but I left the place grinning like a fool. The atmosphere was great, the weather held out and I got to see the last couple of rounds of the fight on the way home too.

Mexican wave :) Adele during the break :) Danny giving that young girl a kiss and then giving her his guitar....I'd say she'll never wash her face or let go of that guitar again:D Great night out for me and the missus, F&*$ the begrudgers

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

There was great craic in the crowd and if definitely added to the atmosphere, the bit where all the crowd were singing really was a lovely moment.

I missed most of the Coronas, only heard the last 3 songs so I was a bit gutted about that as I love them!!. The Script were brilliant, as always. I'm sure it must be an amazing feeling to be the main act and look out and see so many people. They definitely looked like they were enjoying themselves.
    Tiny Tempah could be at best described as a crime against hearing. He should have been on first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Merry Madam

Hi everyone! First time poster here!

I really enjoyed the Script, thought they were brilliant, but I have a question bout my tickets if anyone could help! I bought ones for Zone One on the pitch which on the seating plan on the Ticketmaster site was right in front of the stage, the rest of the pitch after a barrier was labelled as Zone Two. However when we got to the Aviva we weren't let into that area with our tickets, we were told that it was the Green Area and the rest of the pitch was Zone One. Did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Hi everyone! First time poster here!

I really enjoyed the Script, thought they were brilliant, but I have a question bout my tickets if anyone could help! I bought ones for Zone One on the pitch which on the seating plan on the Ticketmaster site was right in front of the stage, the rest of the pitch after a barrier was labelled as Zone Two. However when we got to the Aviva we weren't let into that area with our tickets, we were told that it was the Green Area and the rest of the pitch was Zone One. Did this happen to anyone else?

Yes the same thing happened to me and I am still seething over it!

Gave me the same rubbish excuse as you but know other people who had the exact same tickets that were left into the pit.

I was refused cause mine said Zone 1 Pitch Standing instead of Pit Standing according to staff which is lies as the aviva chart on ticketmaster clearly showed that Zone 1 was the Gold Circle/Pit infront of the stage.

Was raging as I didn't spend a small fortune to travel up from Cork to stand way back in Zone 2.

I bought them fair and square with the understanding that I'd be in Zone 1.

Was told when I argued bout being screwed outta where I rightfully should be that either I calm down or would be thrown out.

I am a laidback person but I just felt I was being ignored and dismissed by the staff in there.

I wish I was thrown out now as it completely spoiled my night.

Will be ringing ticketmaster in the morning demanding answers cause I was treated disgracefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Amazing gig! I wish The Coronas had played longer though, and I wish they had player after Tinie Tempah. I had seating tickets and I was so pissed off because there were these girls sitting behind me who weren't even paying attention to the concert, they were taking Facebook pictures throughout the WHOLE thing and when my friend and I started singing along they were complaining behind us. :P

Loved when The Coronas sang San Diego Song and the whole crowd was singing along. Tinie Tempah isn't really my cup of tea but I fist pumped my way through him as well. The Script were amazing, so much better than I expected! I'm dead jealous of that girl who got to keep Danny's guitar! :eek:

I had a problem with my ticket getting in and while I was waiting for ticketmaster to sort it out I actually met Graham Knox, the bassist. Delighted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

rorrissey wrote: »
    Amazing gig! I wish The Coronas had played longer though, and I wish they had player after Tinie Tempah. I had seating tickets and I was so pissed off because there were these girls sitting behind me who weren't even paying attention to the concert, they were taking Facebook pictures throughout the WHOLE thing and when my friend and I started singing along they were complaining behind us. :P

Loved when The Coronas sang San Diego Song and the whole crowd was singing along. Tinie Tempah isn't really my cup of tea but I fist pumped my way through him as well. The Script were amazing, so much better than I expected! I'm dead jealous of that girl who got to keep Danny's guitar! :eek:

I had a problem with my ticket getting in and while I was waiting for ticketmaster to sort it out I actually met Graham Knox, the bassist. Delighted! :D

Prob got attacked on the way home lol

Mexican wave and stuff was class.Crowd were amazing.Thats bad form if they were advertising the Zone 1 as the pit.We were Zone 2 and there were people just offering bands for the pit as we went in.

Agree Tinie wasnt great but got the crowd going.Drummer was hilarious.Faces he was pulling and had a bag on his back ? ?

Advertisement