Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script, Aviva Stadium, July 2nd *No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Great gig, The Script were amazing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Merry Madam

Yes the same thing happened to me and I am still seething over it!

Gave me the same rubbish excuse as you but know other people who had the exact same tickets that were left into the pit.

I was refused cause mine said Zone 1 Pitch Standing instead of Pit Standing according to staff which is lies as the aviva chart on ticketmaster clearly showed that Zone 1 was the Gold Circle/Pit infront of the stage.

Was raging as I didn't spend a small fortune to travel up from Cork to stand way back in Zone 2.

I bought them fair and square with the understanding that I'd be in Zone 1.

Was told when I argued bout being screwed outta where I rightfully should be that either I calm down or would be thrown out.

I am a laidback person but I just felt I was being ignored and dismissed by the staff in there.

I wish I was thrown out now as it completely spoiled my night.

Will be ringing ticketmaster in the morning demanding answers cause I was treated disgracefully!

Someone really messed up somewhere because when we asked one of the stewards in the red coats he told us that Zone One was right in front of the stage, but the stewards in the yellow coats at the barriers wouldn't let us through. That's awful that they threatened to throw you out, so unfair! Could you post up the response you get from Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Yes the same thing happened to me and I am still seething over it!

Gave me the same rubbish excuse as you but know other people who had the exact same tickets that were left into the pit.

I was refused cause mine said Zone 1 Pitch Standing instead of Pit Standing according to staff which is lies as the aviva chart on ticketmaster clearly showed that Zone 1 was the Gold Circle/Pit infront of the stage.

Was raging as I didn't spend a small fortune to travel up from Cork to stand way back in Zone 2.

I bought them fair and square with the understanding that I'd be in Zone 1.

Was told when I argued bout being screwed outta where I rightfully should be that either I calm down or would be thrown out.

I am a laidback person but I just felt I was being ignored and dismissed by the staff in there.

I wish I was thrown out now as it completely spoiled my night.

Will be ringing ticketmaster in the morning demanding answers cause I was treated disgracefully!

yes the same happened to me, I had the zone 1 tickets thinking I would get to go into the golden circle.. I didn't mind in the end coz i got really close to danny when he came running around in the end :)
    but still, ticketmaster lead us to believe that we were in the gold circle, with 'zone 1'.

Please let us know of their response!! There were a lot of people angry with this confusion..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I got seated tickets in premium level but we blagged our way onto the pitch, Im not sure how coz I was pretty tipsy. Think it was a typical "Our tickets got mixed up & we know Tommy who works on head of security here" job haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Someone really messed up somewhere because when we asked one of the stewards in the red coats he told us that Zone One was right in front of the stage, but the stewards in the yellow coats at the barriers wouldn't let us through. That's awful that they threatened to throw you out, so unfair! Could you post up the response you get from Ticketmaster?

Just off the phone to them.He said first that it sounded like they were normal pitch standing tickets and I said to look at the Aviva chart and see that Zone 1 is in front of the stage in the Golden Circle!

He told me that I'm the first person to ring and complain about it which I find unreal as I seen a fair few not let through.

He told me to submit a complaint in writing so they can investigate and get back to me.

I said was there a point as I felt it was just gonna be swept under the carpet and he assured me it wouldn't be.

So will write a letter of complaint now!

• Advertisement

Just off the phone to them.He said first that it sounded like they were normal pitch standing tickets and I said to look at the Aviva chart and see that Zone 1 is in front of the stage in the Golden Circle!

He told me that I'm the first person to ring and complain about it which I find unreal as I seen a fair few not let through.

He told me to submit a complaint in writing so they can investigate and get back to me.

I said was there a point as I felt it was just gonna be swept under the carpet and he assured me it wouldn't be.

So will write a letter of complaint now!

I'm going to write a letter too :)
    Thank you for posting their response!

Thanks for letting us know, I'll write one too!

Thanks for letting us know, I'll write one too!

Make sure to include ticket order reference number on right hand side of ticket and detail exactly what happened.

xaoifsx wrote: »
    I'm going to write a letter too :)
    Thank you for posting their response!

Make sure ya do and detail what happened and don't forget to include ticket reference order number on right side of the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

I really enjoyed the gig except for one thing. I spent the guts of an hour Qing for a few pints only to get to the top and be told the entire stadium was out of beer. This was before The Script even got on stage. Why kind of event planning is that? F*cking joke

• Advertisement

Make sure to include ticket order reference number on right hand side of ticket and detail exactly what happened.

Done! The address is the Grafton street one on their website I presume yeah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I really enjoyed the gig except for one thing. I spent the guts of an hour Qing for a few pints only to get to the top and be told the entire stadium was out of beer. This was before The Script even got on stage. Why kind of event planning is that? F*cking joke

I was told that it was because of the time: that they weren't serving past 10.

After the Script came on, I went to one stand and it was closed, they told me to go to the next stand, that they were still selling. There was a queue of about 20 people at this stand and the bouncers wouldnt let any more in the queue, insisting that they were the last people that would be served.

So I bribed a nice girl in the existing queue to get me a pint, sweetest pint ever as it was an "in your face " moment as I passed the bouncers.

Thank you lovely queue girl who got me a pint!

Done! The address is the Grafton street one on their website I presume yeah?

Ya that's it alright.

yup will do, thanks a mil :)

I was queuing at the lads with back packs. They said they were outta stock. There was about 100 people around queuing and they told us they were out of stock. Its pretty poor form. Seems they lied about tickets and beer supply. Would put me of going to the Aviva again

Ya that's it alright.

Great thanks, I'll post it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Great thanks, I'll post it tomorrow![/Quote]
    I emailed ticketmaster and they got back to me saying that they've forwarded my email onto MCD as they promoted it. So the advice is to probably contact MCD instead.
    I will be sending them another copy of my email just to be sure that they get it!

lavine7 wrote: »
    Great thanks, I'll post it tomorrow!
    I emailed ticketmaster and they got back to me saying that they've forwarded my email onto MCD as they promoted it. So the advice is to probably contact MCD instead.
    I will be sending them another copy of my email just to be sure that they get it![/QUOTE]

I spoke to ticketmaster and they told me to put in writing to Ticketmaster Customer Services.

Will email MCD too as am not letting this go!

I've feeling ticketmaster customer service will give you the same answer as me, that's who emailed me back! So start directing some flack towards MCD!

I've feeling ticketmaster customer service will give you the same answer as me, that's who emailed me back! So start directing some flack towards MCD!

But it was ticketmaster customer service I spoke to on the phone and they never said to say anything to MCD but I will on your say so as am still really annoyed over the whole thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I got into the pit, went in early and was told by the security that it was limited to the first 2500 people in. Our tickets said Zone 1 but i think they didn't really care, you just had to be in early. Re. the beer, I got served right up till just after 10 but like midlandsmissus, one of the bars closed and i had to go to another one round the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I was queuing at the lads with back packs. They said they were outta stock. There was about 100 people around queuing and they told us they were out of stock. Its pretty poor form. Seems they lied about tickets and beer supply. Would put me of going to the Aviva again
    Aviva staff did not lie, certain parts of the stadium run out of stock before others. Therefore, some bars are able to keep serving longer than others.

As far as the tickets are concerned, that's a ticketmaster issue. Aviva event staff are only doing what they are told to do. On the issue of the poster who says that she was threatened to be thrown out or calm down. No one was here to call judgement on that, it's simply word against word. We're clearly going to get a bias opinion from that poster, while I'm sure the steward has his own version. Not saying that it didn't happen in the manner portrayed, but just to keep an open mind on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

I work in the AVIVA in those bars. And level 5 had no problems with beer but level 3 did. It's not the staff's fault we just have to deliver the bad news which is very annoying. Every event is the same as well. We ALWAYS run out of something. From chips, to hot dogs to beer! It's just bad planning tbqh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

BigFatBass wrote: »
    I work in the AVIVA in those bars. And level 5 had no problems with beer but level 3 did. It's not the staff's fault we just have to deliver the bad news which is very annoying. Every event is the same as well. We ALWAYS run out of something. From chips, to hot dogs to beer! It's just bad planning tbqh!

I'm on level 5 as well and at one stage we had no vodka premixes (only had 4 vodka and cranberrys to start with), no white or rose wine, no crisps, no sweets, no ice.

They really need to work on their stocking!

I'm on level 5 as well and at one stage we had no vodka premixes (only had 4 vodka and cranberrys to start with), no white or rose wine, no crisps, no sweets, no ice.

They really need to work on their stocking!

Ha I know! We were the exact same! I was on level 5 as well It was so embarassing! Especially cause they would allow people queue up for an hour and then get to the top of the line to be told there was basically nothing left! They are so unorganized!

Would anyone care to explain wtf Level 5 is? Also, they did lie they said the entire venue was out of beer. I know its not their fault, they're just doing their job. For those of ye that work there ye might say something about it and not let it happen everytime as ye said it does.

Would anyone care to explain wtf Level 5 is? Also, they did lie they said the entire venue was out of beer. I know its not their fault, they're just doing their job. For those of ye that work there ye might say something about it and not let it happen everytime as ye said it does.

Level 5 is the top floor! Level 5 and 1 are the cheap ones! Level 3 is premium and 2&4 are boxes and premium! Believe me the amount of times I have said it to team leaders! They don't listen! They actually treat us so bad! When you say something constructive they just dismiss it! Bad management but good money! And about them lying, if you were on 3 then first of all the staff were probs told the stadium had run out of beer and second of all what difference does it make? Lol if your level had no beer the stadium might as well not have! Like you can't move between levels anyway ha!

Oh I think I was on Level THE PITCH along with 20,000 other people. Stupid Aviva is stupid and I'm not going back until there is another game/gig I want to see. Suck that Aviva!

Anyone get a reply from MCD about the pitch standing issue??

They got back to me and offered free tickets to any MCD show till the end of the year! Two tickets to Rihanna's sold-out show in the O2 helped ease the pain of not getting into the pit for the Script! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Anyone get a reply from MCD about the pitch standing issue??

They got back to me and offered free tickets to any MCD show till the end of the year! Two tickets to Rihanna's sold-out show in the O2 helped ease the pain of not getting into the pit for the Script! :D

Hope nobody has thrown away/lost their tickets as they may be needed as proof if they are offered the same as you lavine7

Advertisement