Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What CMS would suit my requirements ?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to remake a tours website using an open source CMS.

The site has some normal content pages and obviously pages for the tours. The user would like to be able to add hotels and testimonials in the CMS and apply them to certain tours and pages through a nice GUI.

Also, there would be some boolean options like 'show brochure link', 'show activities' etc. for all of the pages

I am used to using CMS Made Simple but i don't see how it could handle the hotels and the boolean values i need for the pages.

Is anyone familiar with a system that could accommodate my requirements ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to remake a tours website using an open source CMS.

The site has some normal content pages and obviously pages for the tours. The user would like to be able to add hotels and testimonials in the CMS and apply them to certain tours and pages through a nice GUI.

Also, there would be some boolean options like 'show brochure link', 'show activities' etc. for all of the pages

I am used to using CMS Made Simple but i don't see how it could handle the hotels and the boolean values i need for the pages.

Is anyone familiar with a system that could accommodate my requirements ?

Thanks in advance.

You might have a look at joomla, there are a lot of different modules for it

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

I have tested Wordpress, Joomla and drupal. I know there is other cms systems but these are the 3 at the top of the list.

Wordpress is good for beginners but it is very messy when you get into the code and it has some issues when trying to tweek to your needs.

Drupal is amazing but it is a very BIG learning curve that will take time to get used to. Its stable and the was the plugins interact with earch oother makes it very interesting to work with. But then you need a really good host because it is very php heavey and can kill your site very quickly.

Joomla is the one I fell in love with because of them all I feel its the most user friendlt and easy to learn, I have been using it for a good while now and there is always new plugins and add ons and I honestly feel it is the leading CMS today.

Advertisement