Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys for big boys

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah - I'm heading up home this weekend too so didn't really suit too.
    Should be good next yr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well we went down there for a luck tonight and mm i dunno it is ok more like the a cheaper cork summer show, they have lots of the same stalls around the place..Liked watching the cars drifting alright jes that takes some talent..

Yes and do visit the G Store twas great thanks again Tony picked up a few presents for Christmas for the girls...I shall spread the word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone else go to this today? Thinking about going tomorrow but Im hearing mostly bad things about it.. plus they are charging 4quid for parking and 15quid in.. not exactly cheap if the show is no good.. Also heard they are charging extra for certain things inside the venue?

Popped in this evening and was very disappointed. There's a few nice cars and bikes on display and a tank hidden in the corner but nothing else of interest really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Not a chance I am going anywhere near this. Was going to go today, but sounds like a right scam. €15 to get in and you still have to pay to use simulators and stuff in there, forget it.

Saw this about it as well about it:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showthread.php?t=187535

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

im just back from it, i dont know what to make of it really, €15 is a bit steep to get in, the simulators, wall of death, passenger in a car drifting all cost extra, parking is €3,
    some nice cars (including paintdocs mini:)) a few motorbikes, most of it is stalls selling stuff, but the things they are selling as pointed out by milly33 are very similar, if you are looking for a radio control helicopter definetly go, nearly every stall had them for some reason,

some people may see it differently to me but a lot will be wondering where their €15 went!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I know 3 different sets of people who went to this and they ALL said it was an absolute waste of money.

Despite paying €15 in anything half decent in there is extra.
    Pints are €5.
    Selection of Cars is rubbish.
    There is a large majority of stalls there just selling stuff.
    There was a charge for parking.

Absolutely disgraceful. Im delighted i didnt go down but by the sounds of things the organisers deserve to crash and burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Haven't read all the posts on here but I concur with those who said it was crap. I went on Friday and (€12 entry for €3 for parking!) I arrived at 6 and had seen everything by 7. The stands were rubbish.Total disgrace.
    The only thing that was good were the scantily dressed young ones sitting on some of the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was lucky and managed to get in there for free which is really the reason I went, I thought the tickets were cheaper would have felt really ripped off if I had spent what €30 for two of us.. This is coming for a ladies point of view...The cars are total pants the only well to me cus I like the classic was the General Lee...They could have done so much more, why stick the everyday cars you see. Their are plenty of good cars out there, even available in Cork.. They could have put in like the DeLorean, the Trams Am, More Generals loadsa them. Even if they had a few high performance cars on display but they didnt..I liked the drifting had to say that was good...But the stalls nething to do with what they portray it as..The AutoGlm was about the only thing that was good have some good deals so they do and well I have to say Tony in Gstore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^huh? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

They'll have to change things if they want to make a success of this. Won'y survive in the present climate otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

corkcomp wrote: »
    i've just agreed to go to this on Friday:eek: A friend got a load of free tickets so not bad, wouldnt pay again after last time though

You might be getting this mixed up with another 'event' in Castlemartyr and The Show Grounds.

lukin wrote: »
    €3 for parking!) .

This is a total joke. Met this at the last show there too ~ on top of a poor show for me that last time [I've not gone to the toys show] the extra cost of parking just felt like a sting and I won't go to anyghing there now, it's just rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

Went there for my birthday yesterday, biggest waste of time. Load of shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

gbee wrote: »
    You might be getting this mixed up with another 'event' in Castlemartyr and The Show Grounds.

not sure what event you mean, but your wrong sorry

corkcomp wrote: »
    not sure what event you mean, but your wrong sorry

Toys for Big Boys are in Cork this weekend for the first time, so you could not have seen them previously [here].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

Hi all,

Just wanted to give my feedback from a retailers perspective. Firstly I would like to thank all of you that dropped by our stall the majority of the people I met there seemed to be nice people to deal with. This was our first show and it was a massive learning curve and good to meet the other retailers. It was good to see peoples reaction to some of our products something which the website doesn't allow. I think it also helped to get the name out there a bit and I genuinely believe we had the majority of unique products there and the widest variety albeit some tack but the toilet golf was loved by a lot of people.

I was furious when I discovered that they were charging for parking on top of the 15 admission price this still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. For a family it is a very expensive day so they are reluctant to make impulse purchases and also the stalls are very expensive and because of this it made the retailers job very difficult, maybe I was expecting too much from this weekend. I am still on the fence about this weekend and I will have a very long think about returning to this show.

At the end of the day I got to meet a lot of new potential customers so it wasn't all bad. I must say the people that I worked with from the show were some of the nicest people and really do a good job but I think their management needs to take a look at the economy before pricing these shows in future.

Thanks again to all that dropped by.

Rgds
    Tony

P.S. The recliner was won by someone from Kilkenny going to have a lot of fun arranging the logistics of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

gbee wrote: »
    Toys for Big Boys are in Cork this weekend for the first time, so you could not have seen them previously [here].

just to clarify - it was in Dublin

Advertisement