Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Parenting because Thaedydal as a mod can't be inpartial

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Dali art

If there's any other information i need to supply i will do my best.
    This seems highly unfair IMO. The following is my deleted post

Originally Posted by calibelle viewpost.gif
    Hi all!
    I've been reading posts for a while and decided to register this evening/morning!

Wondering if anyone can help me here....

My daughter is 11 and her father has had no interest in her (despite me trying to contact him repeatedly) since she was 1, he's recently got in touch with us and wants to build a relationship with our daughter, when I asked him why now he said it was because he is married now with 2 other children and it made him realise what he's been missing!!

So, while I'm delighted for my little one I'm very nervous that he could do the same thing again and walk away - only this time she is old enough to understand and feel the pain of his rejection. I have a good reason for thinking this as in the month he has been in touch with her on 4 or 5 occasions he has said he'd call her and hasnt done so and seems to think its acceptable. He wants to come and see her but I really feel that he needs to prove his reliability before the relationship between them grows stronger.

I want to make sure he stays around for her but I need to ensure she sees him as a stable, good influence as she's already disappointed by his behavior over the last month, but at the same time I don't want to push him away and be blamed for the contact breaking. Anything I have said to him - need to establish ground rules, contact times etc - has been brushed off or ignored so I'm kinda at a loss here!!

So any advice would be appreciated!

Hi Calibelle,

Imo and in my experience you are about to be bombarded with replies from fathers rights campaigners who think they are right no matter what so be prepared.
    Its your daughter and you know her best so don't let anyone bully you.

Hope thats enough on topic and it doesn't need to be taken to humanities for those mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Dali art wrote: »
    Imo and in my experience you are about to be bombarded with replies from fathers rights campaigners who think they are right no matter what so be prepared.
    From what I could see, 'bombarded' amounts to most people (of both genders and differing outlooks) disagreeing with you, when they argued with the points you made.

Then you got upset that people disagreed with you, refused to argue your case and claimed that they were all misrepresenting you (despite specifically quoting what you actually posted) and out to get you. Thaed repeatedly warned you about your behaviour.

Then you began to get abusive and got banned. Now, you appear to be attempting to continue with a new account, despite the ban - which is incidentally a big no-no.

Thaed was more than patient with your nonsense, TBH. I wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I see nothing here to resolve, I am closing this thread.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Corinthian, may I remind you
    A CMod will then investigate and discuss with you and the Mod(s) involved. They may invite the Mod(s) or any other members involved to post on the thread to clarify things.

A CMod had not responded to the thread when you posted, and you are not a mod of the forum in question, so you may not have been invited to post by the reviewing CMod. However, that's not to say that your input is not useful, I believe that you're a regular poster there, but you may have been better PMing the CMods with it rather than posting on-thread.

The procedure decided upon for this forum allows the complainant a fair opportunity to make their case and have it reviewed without third parties getting involved prematurely. In the interests of fairness to the OPs I'd request that in future all uninvolved parties refrain from contributing until requested to do so by a CMod.

Thanks

Zaph

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement