Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting Club/Group

• 04-11-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to learn how to knit.

I learned in Primary school, but that was a long time ago (won't say how long ;)) and I really don't remember where to start.

Was going to try and teach myself from the internet, and my mam has some instructional literature, but I thought I'd reach out and see if there is any kind of club or group I could join in Waterford, that could show me first hand, and maybe share patterns and tips with.

Oh yeah, where can you buy wool and needles etc. these days? I remember going to Hickeys when it was on Barronstrand St. years ago, would they still do that kind of stuff now that they are Home Focus?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You can buy wool in Singer on Newgate Street. As for clubs, I'm guessing they might be your best bet to ask, or even if you wanted to start your own club you could place an advert there - lots of experienced knitters will call in there.

Disclaimer: I don't knit and the only reason I've ever been in there was to get a zip mended, or to buy light oil for my hair-clippers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's also a wool shop on stephen's street. One of the only ones in the world ill tell ya. Tis a dying craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

The Central Library on Lady Lane has a knitting group that meet on the first and third Wednesday of every month at 11am. I think they do different types of needle work. Look at www.waterfordcity.ie/library in the "what's on" section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its not a dying craft at all, there is a huge resurgence in knitting and all crafts, including some new and creative ways of using knitting and crochet skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Youtube is fantastic, I never knitted before in my life and now, I'm a pro I tells ya! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 agpas

Recently joined the Ardkeen Library and saw the flier that the have The group meet on the first and third Wednesday of every month at 11.00 a.m.

Advertisement