Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repointing of brickwork

• 04-11-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking for information on the re-pointing of bricks on the front of a house. Any suggestion, info, and/or good tradesmen to get a price from.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

I've no idea but do you mind if I piggy-back your thread and ask folk what that re-pointing system is that you see around Dublin on Georgian-type houses. The one which dead straight, razor-sharp pointing lines and brick faces restored to aged-pristine?

If info forthcoming you could consider it on your house - it looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i know some buildings have been " restored" with cladding. something like this
    http://www.panespol.co.uk/department/brick_effect_panels/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I've no idea but do you mind if I piggy-back your thread and ask folk what that re-pointing system is that you see around Dublin on Georgian-type houses. The one which dead straight, razor-sharp pointing lines and brick faces restored to aged-pristine?

If info forthcoming you could consider it on your house - it looks great.

Alot of building facades are blasted back to their original/new/clean look.

High powered soda/sand/bead blasting of the brick surface to get rid of the layer of crud that forms on it,especially in Dublin City Centre.

Advertisement