Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League what it's worth

Options
  • 04-11-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So I was wondering what this is worth to us this seaso and I came across the following
    £800,000 per win
    400,000 per Draw
    £2m for Group stages
    And 10% of the Uk tv money no idea what that is though

So far we have 2 wins and a draw =2m
    2m for group stage
    Plus 1.8m per home game 36,000 x£50 - ticket Sales
    So in total that's 7.6m plus merchandising + tv money which I'm guessing should bring it up to 15m - 20m
    Or 1 good player in the transfer Market

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think someone told me years ago if you make or get out of the group stages(I can't remember which) it's worth 40 odd million with allot of the money coming from TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just a bit I found on football365
    This would be huge for ustake our turnover up to 150m for next year too
    Tottenham will land a windfall of £30m in television income and prize money for reaching the last sixteen. To put that sum in context, Fulham earned less than a third of that sum as a reward for reaching the final of the Europa Cup. Welcome to the big time.

Advertisement