Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options
  • 04-11-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Discuss here about lineup announcements and rumours for Oxegen 2011, the festival itself, and artist wishlists.

Looks like the event will still be held at Punchestown Racecourse at the usual time of the summer (second weekend of July, from the 8th to 10th) though nothing has been made official by MCD.

--

Ticket sales (even for facevalue or less) are 100% not allowed. Same goes with ticket requests.

Anyone posting anything about ticket sales/requests from now on will get a instant 2 week ban.

If you want to buy or sell a ticket, go to adverts.ie or toutless.com
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

I imagined the newly reformed Suede will be quite high on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

eminem! hells yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Queens of the Stone Age please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

eminem! hells yeah!

He just done it last year. Could not imagine they would get him again.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Any chance of

Daft Punk
    The Prodigy
    Foo Fighters
    Roll Deep
    Inna
    Swedish House Mafia
    30 seconds to Mars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

DB10 wrote: »
    Any chance of

Daft Punk
    The Prodigy
    Foo Fighters
    Roll Deep
    Inna
    Swedish House Mafia
    30 seconds to Mars

Foo Fighters are a very good bet as they are playing gigs in the UK less than a week before. Daft Punk are possible, but personally I wouldn't expect them (I'd say they would opt to do a headline gig when/if they play Ireland again).

The Prodigy and 30 Seconds to Mars played last year, so that makes them very unlikely.

Can't speak for any of the other acts as I don't know them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Wild guess, but:

Katy Perry [She played 2 years ago, doing a concert in the O2 in March, so it could be a part of that contract].

I'm guessing that this year it's going to be more pop/chart aimed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Wild guess, but:

Katy Perry [She played 2 years ago, doing a concert in the O2 in March, so it could be a part of that contract].

I'm guessing that this year it's going to be more pop/chart aimed again!

Doubt it. If she plays there most of her audience would be too young to go. I see her playing the rds or marlay park if she comes back.

I'd say at a guess, foo fighters Coldplay and a third headliner noone will see coming (Prays for beach boys 50th anniversary reunion)

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Doubt it. If she plays there most of her audience would be too young to go. I see her playing the rds or marlay park if she comes back.

I dunno, I could see her playing high on the main stage this time round.

I dunno, I could see her playing high on the main stage this time round.

Yep, same. It seems just about right considering she didn't add another O2 date.
    hynesie08 wrote: »

I'd say at a guess, foo fighters Coldplay and a third headliner noone will see coming (Prays for beach boys 50th anniversary reunion)

Seriously doubt Foo Fighters are going to headline. Oxegen is mainly aimed at young teenagers/adults and Foo Fighters wouldn't exactly be that much of a hit among them. I'm sure they realised that from this year with Arcade Fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yep, same. It seems just about right considering she didn't add another O2 date.

What's in it for her though, Surely there's more money to be made doing her own big outdoor concert (At a slightly higher ticket price of course)
    Seriously doubt Foo Fighters are going to headline. Oxegen is mainly aimed at young teenagers/adults and Foo Fighters wouldn't exactly be that much of a hit among them. I'm sure they realised that from this year with Arcade Fire.

No, It was pissing rain and arcade fire should Not Have headlined over jay z. As far as being aimed at teenagers the last couple of years have had ratm, the verve, REM and blur headline And they're not exactly aimed at 17 year olds.

Foo Fighters are still popular with the younger crowd, don't know why some posters talk about them like they're dinosaurs. I could definitely see them play next year.

People may think they don't have "mainstream appeal" these days but MCD can always stick acts like the Chemical Brothers or the Black Eyed Peas on the second stage if they think a main stage headliner like Foo Fighters may deter the "masses" from going.

Foo Fighters are still popular with the younger crowd, don't know why some posters talk about them like they're dinosaurs. I could definitely see them play next year.

People may think they don't have "mainstream appeal" these days but MCD can always stick acts like the Chemical Brothers or the Black Eyed Peas on the second stage if they think a main stage headliner like Foo Fighters may deter the "masses" from going.

That's true, yeah! I'm only speaking from my own view (I'm 17 :o) and really the only song I've ever heard by them is "Best of you" which I love, by the way! They'd probably be worth seeing just for that! :) I'm sure MCD have it lined up in a way this year for mass appeal! Maybe a one old-ish headliner (still relatively popular though), one R'n'B headliner and one chart music headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

DB10 wrote: »
    Any chance of

Daft Punk
    The Prodigy
    Foo Fighters
    Roll Deep
    Inna
    Swedish House Mafia
    30 seconds to Mars

Will be going crazy if the prodigy (favourite band :D ) get announced but doubt it very much. 30STM were real good last year too. Defo going this year as last year was my first Oxegen and i was dying to go back just a week or two after.

Really hope for

The Prodigy (unlikely)
    Chase & Status ( more than likely to play)
    Pendulum (unlikely)
    The chemical brothers (unlikely)
    Magnetic Man
    Biffy Clyro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Teferi wrote: »
    He just done it last year. Could not imagine they would get him again.

i know that of course but still....eminem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

i know that of course but still....eminem!!

We know he's sh!t.No need to keep repeating his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

If i had a house, i would put it on Foo fighters headlining next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Sigur Rós. In anyform. I would take them on the smallest stage for a half hour set 2pm on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Foo Fighters, Radiohead, The Strokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Anyone know when the early tickets are being sold, its usually before Christmas isn't it? I hope they stay below 200!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

would love to have:
    Deadmau5 (oh please God!)
    Daft Punk (i need to see them before i die and they are doing the music for Tron:Legacy so very very small possibility they are touring?!)
    Kanye West
    Drake
    John Mayer(wont happen)
    Kid Cudi
    Snow Patrol (awesome in 09)
    Phoenix

thats all...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

When do they usually announce the acts for oxygen? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When do they usually announce the acts for oxygen? :confused:

Feb of each year or end of Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sallycinnamon_

I imagined the newly reformed Suede will be quite high on the bill

That would be so so wonderful! But unfortunately most people would prefer The Killers or Muse AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

its_phil wrote: »
    would love to have:
    Deadmau5 (oh please God!)
    Daft Punk (i need to see them before i die and they are doing the music for Tron:Legacy so very very small possibility they are touring?!)
    Kanye West
    Drake
    John Mayer(wont happen)
    Kid Cudi
    Snow Patrol (awesome in 09)
    Phoenix

thats all...;)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

ZZ Top
    Judas Priest
    Motorhead
    Disturbed
    5FDP
    Billy Idol
    Alter Bridge
    Slash/Myles Kennedy
    Shinedown
    Black Stone Cherry
    Volbeat
    Taking Dawn

Ahhh to dream.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'd say with pulp reforming for tours again they will be a dead cert, they will bomb with the crowd like blur did sadly though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

recyclops wrote: »
    I'd say with pulp reforming for tours again they will be a dead cert, they will bomb with the crowd like blur did sadly though

Pulp are reforming for some festivals next year. I'm hoping they go for EP than oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

That would be fantastic but sadly with cash mcd will throw em it's highly unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pulp are reforming for some festivals next year. I'm hoping they go for EP than oxegen.

Yea think they would suit EP . They have been confirmed for Wireless Festival

Advertisement