Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

bren2001 wrote: »
    She will get a high slot on the main stage or the Vodafone stage but I would be shocked if she headlined the Vodafone stage. I don't think she has the pulling power against the Foo's, metallica, coldplay, rhcp or any of the rumored headline acts.

She would amongst most teenage girls and unfortunately a lot of teenage lads that I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

She will get a high slot on the main stage or the Vodafone stage but I would be shocked if she headlined the Vodafone stage. I don't think she has the pulling power against the Foo's, metallica, coldplay, rhcp or any of the rumored headline acts.

Lots of people would have said that black eyed peas couldn't compete against muse, but they drew a very large and very loud crowd (And were awesome)
    different strokes and all that. Still don't think she'll play oxegen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

i dont see metallica having much pulling power when it comes to oxegens target audience to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

I was at oxegen last year to mainly see muse, kasabian, biffy and after dizzee rascal played most of 'the scummers' left to see black eyed peas a chart band. If a popular act like katy perry or that do play at the same time as foos or mettalica, katy perry or a r'n'b act will attract the 'scummers'. Couldn't believe last year so many people left before kasabian ans muse just to see black eyed peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Lots of people would have said that black eyed peas couldn't compete against muse, but they drew a very large and very loud crowd (And were awesome)
    different strokes and all that. Still don't think she'll play oxegen though.

She played it before though, so it won't be anything new..

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    She played it before though, so it won't be anything new..

Yes but when she played it before she was a brand new artist (think she'd had 2 singles out) and now she's a genuine superstar, part of one of the worlds most publicised couples and i would argue the 2nd biggest female singer active at the moment. I just think that while i wouldn't be shocked if she played oxegen, there is WAY more money in it for her/mcd if she was to do her own outdoor show in the summer.

Yes but when she played it before she was a brand new artist (think she'd had 2 singles out) and now she's a genuine superstar, part of one of the worlds most publicised couples and i would argue the 2nd biggest female singer active at the moment. I just think that while i wouldn't be shocked if she played oxegen, there is WAY more money in it for her/mcd if she was to do her own outdoor show in the summer.

Yeah I suppose that's true! But the thing is if she did Oxegen she could do all of Europe's festivals.. I'm pretty sure she's not as big in some European countries so it'd be a good publicity stunt for her too?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

No way would Katie Perry or Rihanna headline. Lot's of acts sell out the o2, doesn't mean their headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I cant seem to get access to the deposit tickets. I'm getting
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Has anyone managed to get them? They cant be sold out already.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now.

EDIT2: LOL Sorry for the confusion, I hit up this thread instead of the EP one. Apologies, late night last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

I cant seem to get access to the deposit tickets. I'm getting

Has anyone managed to get them? They cant be sold out already.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now.

Have tickets gone on sale :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Have tickets gone on sale :confused:

Ya, this morning at 9am.

EDIT: I'm stoopid

Ya, this morning at 9am.

Funny how there's nothing on the oxegen website, or ticketmaster, or anywhere for that matter. Care to share a link with us?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are you sure Oxegen tickets went onsale? Cause Electric Picnic tickets went onsale today afaik. I still have a feeling we wont have Oxegen this year. Anyways more news on TITP
    Blink-182 are reportedly "in discussions" to play next year's T In The Park festival. Although nothing is confirmed yet, according to Scottish red-top sources the band would be "honoured" to play the bash, which takes place at Balado on July 8-10, and neatly coincides with their previously announced UK arena tour. Foo Fighters have alrady been confirmed for a headline slot (Daily Record).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Roots ftw :)

Funny how there's nothing on the oxegen website, or ticketmaster, or anywhere for that matter. Care to share a link with us?

I'm going to take a wild guess and think he confused EP? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=19688

for whoever was looking for the link

Biffy just confirmed to headline Sonisphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Biffy just confirmed to headline Sonisphere

As you say, 'Download fest, ftw'. What do we reckon? 3rd from top oxegen this year? 2nd stage sub?

As you say, 'Download fest, ftw'. What do we reckon? 3rd from top oxegen this year? 2nd stage sub?

Ah im a big fan of biffy anyways. Eh id say they will be bumped up to at least 3rd last on Main next year since they didnt have an Irish date on this tour.

Ah im a big fan of biffy anyways. Eh id say they will be bumped up to at least 3rd last on Main next year since they didnt have an Irish date on this tour.

3rd main stage sounds about right. High Voltage festival announcement tomorrow, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarahlou_ser

My money is all over

Foo Fighters
    Coldplay

and then the third headliner something red hot chili peppers.

I'm pretty sure Biffy clyro will be back aswell.

Red Hot Chillis would be lethal to see

Red Hot Chillis would be lethal to see

Chillis are doing a UK exclusive for V Festival this year i.e. wont being playing TITP and subsequently Oxegen.

Chillis are doing a UK exclusive for V Festival this year i.e. wont being playing TITP and subsequently Oxegen.

Aracde Fire and Fatboy slim were UK festival exclusives. They both played Oxegen. But obviously not titp.

Aracde Fire and Fatboy slim were UK festival exclusives. They both played Oxegen. But obviously not titp.

Fatboy Slim headlined Rockness and wont play TITP as he was the founder of Rockness.

There are exceptions that the headline acts of TITP and Oxegen but there is a general rule. RHCP will not be playing Oxegen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Fatboy Slim headlined Rockness and wont play TITP as he was the founder of Rockness.

There are exceptions that the headline acts of TITP and Oxegen but there is a general rule. RHCP will not be playing Oxegen this year.

Yeah I'd agree with this, there are some exceptions but I think RHCP will be at V only in terms of UK and ROI festivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

My wishlist for dance arena:

Deadmau5
    Afrojack
    Justice

Thats my headliners! Below are the other acts id love to see at it:

Steve Angello/Axwell/Ingrosso or Swedish House mafia
    Nero
    2Many Djs
    Crookers
    Burns
    Fred Falke
    Benga
    Steve Aoki
    Skrillex
    Bloody Beetroots
    Dr Lectroluv
    MSTRKRFT
    Proxy
    Erol alken
    Sound of Stero
    Designer Drugs
    A-Trak
    Magneitc Man
    Boys Noize

I want some dubstep at it...
    Half of them would be amazing! 2009 had a lot of them, but last year was pretty crap in the dance arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Why are people saying there might not be an Oxegen this year? Why do you think that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

well i know a girl who won oxegen 2011 tickets in a competition just yesterday :) so im pretty sure its going ahead next year.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why are people saying there might not be an Oxegen this year? Why do you think that? :confused:

MCD released a statement after the last Oxegen and said it was very expensive in Punchestown and to run where it is in general. However, they have confirmed officially that Oxegen will go ahead next year in Punchestown. I don't know why people still don't think its going ahead. They have not started selling early bird tickets as they do not have the permit for the festival yet and its kind of illegal to sell without that permit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

well i know a girl who won oxegen 2011 tickets in a competition just yesterday :) so im pretty sure its going ahead next year.
    Whilst it does seem like it's going ahead, do you actually think that MCD would run Oxegen at a significant loss next year so they can honour their end of this deal (which I'm sure would be legally nullified if the event were to be cancelled)?

Advertisement