Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NShadows wrote: »
    Hey dudes, I know Think Contraception are gonna be around the camps and stuff this year but from what I've heard they're pretty hard to track down... Are you able to buy condoms in the Centras on site?

Just go to any of the vans and get promo bags, if you hit up FM104, Spin and 2FM you'll be well set for johnnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Hey dudes, I know Think Contraception are gonna be around the camps and stuff this year but from what I've heard they're pretty hard to track down... Are you able to buy condoms in the Centras on site?

Place called 'Your Local Pharmacy' Visit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

i124Q wrote: »

seconded, the ones you get there from the think contraception crowd arent very good if memory serves me correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

i124Q wrote: »

Situation called "Being broke as ****, not being paid until Thursday and leaving at 7am so not having the chance to get to one on Thursday". There was a reason I asked if you can buy them on site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Didnt buy a parking ticket.. Are they still available ?? Can i buy one at the entrance to the car park?
    No you cant buy at the entrance im pretty sure.

The ticketmaster site says their sold out/not available, but that might be because its so close to the festival now and post wouldn't be out in time. There might be a small few left in a ticketmaster outlet, but its not guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Situation called "Being broke as ****, not being paid until Thursday and leaving at 7am so not having the chance to get to one on Thursday". There was a reason I asked if you can buy them on site.

free shuttle bus to naas could work out handier even.

on a related note actually, do the atms there charge commission on withdrawing money? gone before but never used them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Oh, I know, but then I'd have to leave and come back! Looking at the map, there seems to be a Dominos stand in the Red Campsite, would be nice!

I don't trust the meat in the chip vans, but I'd probably chance the meat at Dominos :p

If you went into Naas you could nearly get two pizzas for the same price the Red Campsite Dominos will charge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Ugh I know all of my friends are either going to Afrojack or Coldplay and I wanna go to Pendulum...I will end up going alone! :p

Apologies if this was asked already...will the Munster Final be shown? It kills me to miss it!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No, I don't think the hurling will be shown.

I read on the Oxegen forum that there was a row the last time they showed a GAA match and now they're refusing to show one again or something?

• Advertisement

Yeah it'd probably be more comfortable to watch it in Naas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

This is just a genuine query.. How exactly do they distinguish dayticketers from campers after all the acts have finshed? In 2009, me or none of my friends were checked on the way back into the campsite for wristbands etc.!?

If Deadmau5 was headlining friday or sunday, i'd be there for the weekend in a flash, such a pity he's clashin with Foo's!

Also, are shuttle busses 24 hour? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hi, any idea what time the box office opens at?

eidt - just got an email from ticketmaster a minute ago that give the box office opening times! Is there a box office collection point at the red and blue car park entrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Will it be possible to get a day ticket on the day there on Friday? Won't be getting there til about 5pm....

JamieK wrote: »
    Ugh I know all of my friends are either going to Afrojack or Coldplay and I wanna go to Pendulum...I will end up going alone! :p

Apologies if this was asked already...will the Munster Final be shown? It kills me to miss it!! :o

Eff my life!! I feel you! I wanna see all 3 of these!! Makes me sad. Just gotta see a bit of each!

Will it be possible to get a day ticket on the day there on Friday? Won't be getting there til about 5pm....

There will probably be lads outside selling em off for cheap enough! Just listen out for, "tickets for sale, get yar tickets!!"
    I'm always saying to myself, why the **** would i have travelled all the way out here without a ticket? But i suppose if you dont get a chance to pick one up months and months beforehand..

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I think I'll be driving down from Dublin on Friday but does anyone have any experience with this? Recommended leaving time or how long should I expect to be waiting? I know the traffic is gonna be horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

I know that JP had a deal where they had main cigarettes business last year, what I'm wondering is, did they sell them in the centra's in the campsite or did they have a special stall there? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Driving down tomorrow evening from dublin. We dont wann go too early but how late can we leave it without hitting major traffic. Would 4 oclock be a good time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Scouts are pitching tents for charity at Oxegen again this year. We'll be in both campsites somewhere along retail row. Come down and say hi!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Teferi wrote: »
    Scouts are pitching tents for charity at Oxegen again this year. We'll be in both campsites somewhere along retail row. Come down and say hi!

How much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What time will the shuttle buses be in Naas on friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Rebekahx wrote: »
    I know that JP had a deal where they had main cigarettes business last year, what I'm wondering is, did they sell them in the centra's in the campsite or did they have a special stall there? Thank you.

Lat time i was there it was little stalls, hard enough to spot too because of advertising rules with cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Any word on who's replacing Jessie J...? I'm pretty sure its not Biffy Clyro although that would be epic.

They just bumped up someone from one of the lower stages afaik.^

Is it pissing rain in Punchestown, does anyone know?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Day ticket holders have different wristbands, in the past the checks after the last acts into the campsite where minimal, though now they check properly.

Ah alright! Has it improved that much since 2009? Cheers for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

no xbox live stage this year in blue campsite ?

I was gonna say I presume so as its pissing rain in laois but i gather from your location your probably aware of that!ha..

The place is gonna be destroyed!

no xbox live stage this year in blue campsite ?

I think its just renamed the 'ox box' stage this year!

"Propaganda will play the OX Box Stage in the Blue Campsite from 2pm-5am Thursday and from 10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday to keep the party going well into the early hours!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

baz2009 wrote: »
    They just bumped up someone from one of the lower stages afaik.^

Is it pissing rain in Punchestown, does anyone know?

Drizzling about 15 minutes away.

Advertisement