Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I was gonna say I presume so as its pissing rain in laois but i gather from your location your probably aware of that!ha..

The place is gonna be destroyed!

Haha yeah, been raining here since I woke up. :/
    Johner wrote: »
    Drizzling about 15 minutes away.

Cheers Johner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LaDiDaaaa

Quick question... do ye think a wheelie bag will be more hassle than its worth for carting stuff to the campsite? Dont really have a decent sized backpack for the job...

First time going to Oxegen but I was at EP and apart from it needing a good wash when i got home it was handy enough. But then then again, the weather was really nice for EP last year...? Whats your opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On the hard path it'll be fine, but once you hit the gravel you'll be f'cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Mr.S wrote: »
    They should invest in a massive marquee type structure to cover the whole festival ;)

Sure it would be a lovely little country if we could only roof it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Heineken just posted this on their twitter:

Will be announcing some very exciting additions to the Heineken Greenspace linup at #oxegen11 shortly. Surprise DJ sets anyone?

Whats Heineken Greenspace? did they mean Greensphere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

5 of us bought tickets from a guy on donedeal, looks like we were scammed, no tickets to be seen, be wary buying second hand tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

baz2009 wrote: »
    They just bumped up someone from one of the lower stages afaik.^

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

So are aerosols not allowed in the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

dorgasm wrote: »
    5 of us bought tickets from a guy on donedeal, looks like we were scammed, no tickets to be seen, be wary buying second hand tickets :(
    Ouch. How did you pay him?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

What's the best thing to do with your drink regarding leaving it somewhere while in the Arena? I was think it might get taken if I leave it in the tent? Anyone shine some light on that for me? Sorry if it was asked before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Ouch. How did you pay him?

800 for 5, paid with paypal so hope I can get it back :( this sucks big time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

It's not possible to cancel Oxegen tickets when they're bought in store and are general admission, right?

If so, this lessens my worry that my tickets are fake! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

LaDiDaaaa wrote: »
    Quick question... do ye think a wheelie bag will be more hassle than its worth for carting stuff to the campsite? Dont really have a decent sized backpack for the job...

First time going to Oxegen but I was at EP and apart from it needing a good wash when i got home it was handy enough. But then then again, the weather was really nice for EP last year...? Whats your opinions?

Would not recommend it, your going to just be carrying it over the mud on the last day. Something like a gear bag with a shoulder strap is a good alternative to the backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Mister Man wrote: »
    What's the best thing to do with your drink regarding leaving it somewhere while in the Arena? I was think it might get taken if I leave it in the tent? Anyone shine some light on that for me? Sorry if it was asked before.

You just have to chance leaving it in your tent, a few of my friends drink got taken, and others were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just found out i'm in work 9am Monday morning (kill me now...), Anyone know what time the last bus back to Dublin is on the Sunday?

Dublin Bus had buses leaving immediately after The Killers (headliner) finished in 2009, I presume it's the same this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Corholio wrote: »

Will be announcing some very exciting additions to the Heineken Greenspace linup at #oxegen11 shortly. Surprise DJ sets anyone?

They got the name of their own stage wrong? Lawl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    It's not possible to cancel Oxegen tickets when they're bought in store and are general admission, right?

If so, this lessens my worry that my tickets are fake! :)

if they're bought with cash, i don't believe they can be cancelled.
    if they were bought on a CC, they can trace them back and cancel them though.

Corholio wrote: »

last year it was a heineken bar last year that had djs playing in a perspex box in it, opposite the vodafone stage. it was semi covered, like a mini-stage with a bar inside it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Driving down tomorrow evening from dublin. We dont wann go too early but how late can we leave it without hitting major traffic. Would 4 oclock be a good time?

way too late dude,

also if you're going m50 the red cow exit will be a nightmare. Get off on the n4 and take the maynooth exit, then follow the signs for straffan and naas, that road will bring you to the n7.

Or get off at Tallaght exit and take the outer ring road to the N7.

google map is your friend here.

if they're bought with cash, i don't believe they can be cancelled.
    if they were bought on a CC, they can trace them back and cancel them though.

this ^

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

calnand wrote: »
    You just have to chance leaving it in your tent, a few of my friends drink got taken, and others were fine.

Would getting a little pad lock be any good? Or would that just make them want to rip my tent apart even more to get inside?
    How big are the lockers? I thought they were only tiny little ones :confused:

• Advertisement

Mister Man wrote: »
    Would getting a little pad lock be any good? Or would that just make them want to rip my tent apart even more to get inside?
    How big are the lockers? I thought they were only tiny little ones :confused:

put the padlock on the inside zip of your tent (under the rain cover), and no-one will be able to see it, so it won't draw attention to it.
    if you put it on the outside they'll definitely be curious as to what's inside.
    if you've no lock, they'll jsut rob it anyway, so it might be a bit of a deterrent.

i've put a lock on mine several years, and never had anyone break in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lordgoat wrote: »
    way too late dude,

also if you're going m50 the red cow exit will be a nightmare. Get off on the n4 and take the maynooth exit, then follow the signs for straffan and naas, that road will bring you to the n7.

Or get off at Tallaght exit and take the outer ring road to the N7.

google map is your friend here.

We'll be joining the 50 @ Ballinteer so I'll route it from there on gmaps tonight. Will talk to the driver about a 2:30 start.

TY

no they don't clear it after every act.
    if there's space, they'll let more people in. there's usually a pit enterance on one side, and an exit on the other. when people leave, and there's space, they let more people in. anyone can join the queue to enter the pit.
    if you queue up before Slash starts, you'll be in the pit by the time Beyonce comes on.
    go 3-4 hours before Beyonce, and by the time she comes on, you'll probably be almost in the front row.
    no need to go first thing in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

if you queue up before The National start, you'll be in the pit by the time Beyonce comes on.

Might get a bit of a shock when Pendulum come on instead, though.:pac:

Might get a bit of a shock when Pendulum come on instead, though.:pac:

i should really look at the stage lineups, and not just the oxegen poster :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haha yeah, been raining here since I woke up. :/

Cheers Johner!

Lashing now though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

They just bumped up someone from one of the lower stages afaik.^

Is it pissing rain in Punchestown, does anyone know?

yep slashig here for the past two hours...

I smell a mud fest:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

haha. That gave me a much needed laugh after a long day.

No, anyone can get into the pit.

Advertisement