Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Do you have to pay for hot water in Centra?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This post has been deleted.

During the day I've seen them give preference to the the less hardy in the crowd, but for the big gigs its simply getting there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Corholio wrote: »
    Heineken just posted this on their twitter:

Will be announcing some very exciting additions to the Heineken Greenspace linup at #oxegen11 shortly. Surprise DJ sets anyone?

Whats Heineken Greenspace? did they mean Greensphere?

No its a small heineken tent/bar, not the big huge one with all the acts. captain morgan also have a tent this year. bacardi have in the past. the bacardi tent was brilliant, they served mojitos and cocktails and bacardi of course, and had djs all day. was like a little nightclub in the middle of oxegen.i presume these will be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

I have a 4 day camping ticket...Can I land down on friday?

Will it still be valid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

If you went into Naas you could nearly get two pizzas for the same price the Red Campsite Dominos will charge ;)

Fair point :p. At the risk of making myself look like I'm just obsessed with food, does anyone know what sort of stuff is available in the arena? I only have day tickets, so I can't go to the aforementioned Dominos or the Centras, I'm wondering if we should just bring food with us...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,566 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PaurGasm wrote: »
    I have a 4 day camping ticket...Can I land down on friday?

Will it still be valid

yep, that will be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Orlee wrote: »
    Hi, any idea what time the box office opens at?

eidt - just got an email from ticketmaster a minute ago that give the box office opening times! Is there a box office collection point at the red and blue car park entrances?

Hi Orlee,

Can you let me know re the opening/closing times - going Saturday, but have to work so wont get down till later unfortunately!

I seem to remember previously that there was one @ the day entrance...not sure about the car parks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Fair point :p. At the risk of making myself look like I'm just obsessed with food, does anyone know what sort of stuff is available in the arena? I only have day tickets, so I can't go to the aforementioned Dominos or the Centras, I'm wondering if we should just bring food with us...

Youd be suprised at the choice of food in the arena, not just the usual burgers and hot dogs. some really really nice stalls that have decent food thatll fill you and give ye energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If Pie Minister are there they're always worth getting. Absolutely delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

so is it ok to head towards the back of the red campsite and pitch tent, even though there might be a chunk of space beteween top and bottom still empty?? prefer to be with the nice, mature, music loving folk who wont try to rob or thump you. heading to it at about 2pm friday. also about how many minutes trek would it be to main venue then? im a bit anxious as you can tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,566 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

so is it ok to head towards the back of the red campsite and pitch tent, even though there might be a chunk of space beteween top and bottom still empty?? prefer to be with the nice, mature, music loving folk who wont try to rob or thump you. heading to it at about 2pm friday. also about how many minutes trek would it be to main venue then? im a bit anxious as you can tell!

yes that is fine..you can pitch it literally anywhere on designated grass!

if you go to the furthest end of the Red Camp it takes around 15 minutes to get to the arena entrance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If Pie Minister are there they're always worth getting. Absolutely delicious!
    Also dont forget the Wok n Roll, delicious Thai curries, also the red double decker food bus run by the hippie reggae loving folk, although that might be at one of the campsites like at other fests.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Guess what Im reading the Efest T in the Park forum and darting over to the Oxegen forum here heh heh. For those of you who cant make it to either we can sit in dry warm houses looking at BBC coverage of the T version anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Does anyone know do they take the caps off you if you buy minerals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Bit of a silly question, and I've asked something similar to this before, but just double checking. They make you take any lids off water and stuff like that, right? I know I'd probably be alright putting a spare lid in my sock or something, so could I just go into the arena with a lidless bottle, lid stashed away and be alright? Otherwise I'd have to get 2 bottles, one just for a lid, and can't be bothered with that to be honest :P And what about putting the lid back on again, would they care if they spotted you? I've been pretty much grand doing this at any other gigs before, just making sure Oxegen isn't particularly uptight about it or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its a bit of an iffy area.

Even if you go through security from the campsite into the arena with a lidless bottle, of say vodka poured into a coke bottle, they will smell it/make you throw it away.

Normal drinks like water/coke etc without a lid are fine. I think. It all depends on what kinda security you get.

Once your inside the festival, if you have a spare lid and put it on a bottle, no ones going to come up to you:)

It's only water I'm looking to bring in so I should be grand! Thanks! :) Didn't think there'd be any real hassle, but you can never tell sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

leaveiton wrote: »
    It's only water I'm looking to bring in so I should be grand! Thanks! :) Didn't think there'd be any real hassle, but you can never tell sometimes!

ya ill probably want to bring in a bottle of water too. it will cost the earth inside! they will probaly think its vodka! sssake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scal_Kel

Hi guys Oxegen noob here. I have a 3 day camping ticket but I was wondering what a good time would be to head down on the Friday to face the least traffic and to still get a decent location to pitch the tent? I have a parking pass for the red car park so ill be driving right up as close as I can to the campsite so drop off/busses arent an issue.

Also, if I bring my own wheelbarrow to bring in our stuff is that a festival no no or will I attract unwanted attention? Obviously id take it back to the car once we are set up :o. Its just my girlfriend is very petite so ill be carrying the majority of the gear/drink

Thanks a lot :)

they take all caps off when you buy them inside the arena, but the shops inside the campsite grounds don't.

I noticed this at Forbidden Fruit too, if you bought a bottle of water from one of the bars they removed the cap, but if you went to a food stall or shop they left the cap on, so it will be similar at oxegen Id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Scal_Kel

Basically the earlier the better.

Try to aim to get there before midday. And you wont look out of place with a wheelbarrow, loads of people have them:)

Thank you sir! :pac:

Now my only concern is trying to work out all the clashes on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Dropped my brother up earlier and we had to drop him at the Green campsite. Twas quite cool to be in there when it was so quiet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Is Myles Kennedy from Alterbridge still touring and providing vocals for Slash?Will definitely check him out if so.....

Do they just check your bag or will they look at my sleeping bag and stuff? Trying to find a way to smuggle in aerosols...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Namlub wrote: »
    Do they just check your bag or will they look at my sleeping back and stuff? Trying to find a way to smuggle in aerosols...

Use roll ons, it's only 4 days.

Use roll ons, it's only 4 days.
    Dry shampoo tbh. I need it. I've put it in the middle of my rolled-up sleeping bag and it looks pretty inconspicuous, hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Okay serious question:

Can I buy tickets for Oxegen 2011 (Red 4 day camping) up there on the day?

I was going to buy them from the box office but I don't have a credit card and apparently I can't use my ma's, because my name has to match the one on the card.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Namlub wrote: »
    Dry shampoo tbh. I need it. I've put it in the middle of my rolled-up sleeping bag and it looks pretty inconspicuous, hmmm...

they barely check bags usually, and almost certainly won't take dry shampoo if they see it, just put it at the bottom of the bag and it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Okay serious question:

Can I buy tickets for Oxegen 2011 (Red 4 day camping) up there on the day?

I was going to buy them from the box office but I don't have a credit card and apparently I can't use my ma's, because my name has to match the one on the card.

Thanks.

yes, you can buy tickets there on the day.

you could also buy a ticket on the ticketmaster website tonight/tomorrow, and print it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Anyone know what the weather situation is around the area? :)

Advertisement