Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

plmokn wrote: »
    Just wondering when security are checking your bags as you enter the campsite tomorrow, you're allowed bring crates of cans right?
    And are you able to bring 500ml bottles of vodka in? I'm bringing extra lids.. But will they just take the lids and let me keep the drink, or take the drink altogether? I'm hiding it anyway, but just wondering....

You can bring as much drink as you like in but just no glass, put your vodka in an empty coke bottle or something and it'll be grand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody know what the Vodafone Vantage stage is like?

Just won 2 tickets to be on the platform watching The National perform.

Is it suspended in the air or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

If Pie Minister are there they're always worth getting. Absolutely delicious!

got me through electric picnic last year, im going on the hunt for them friday! :)

you can get their pies in superquinn too...the one in lucan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Heading up to finish packing now. Good luck to everyone, I know there'll be a few horror stories on Monday morning but stick to your mates and you should be fine.

OXEGEN!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You will all be delighted to know that I have finished packing. I'll be the one carrying a giant binbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

we have 3 day camping tickets but wont be camping we will just be over and back each day only live 30 mins away were getting the shuttle bus from naas over and her dad has said he will pick us up

2 questions

will he be able to get up to the crossroads if we walk down to meet him there

and can we enter through the day entrance as i know it is closer to the road with camping wristbands?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

heading out in a few mins from kilkenny, best of luck to everyone going, i'll see y'all there =) ITS PARTAAAAY TIME!!! :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Mud bath down there already apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lollyp26

Does anyone know whether u get ur wristband before going into the campervan area? Our Campervan is being dropped down for us tomorow but just wondering whether the person will be able to get in and deliver it? We will be with them but they are leaving afterwards. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lollyp26

OSI wrote: »
    So are aerosols not allowed in the campsites?

Items That Can Be Brought To Oxegen Campsite Arena
    Aerosol Cans NO NO
    Alcohol in Plastic Containers OK NO
    Cans OK NO
    Disposable BBQs OK NO
    Garden or blow up furniture OK NO
    Gas NO NO
    Gazebos& Marquees NO NO
    Glass in any form NO NO
    Large Sound Systems NO NO
    Loose pills/unmarked medication NO NO
    Medication in original container OK OK
    Personal Cameras OK OK
    Personal stereos & speakers OK NO
    Umbrellas OK NO
    The following items should not be brought to Oxegen:
    No aerosol cans
    No animals
    No commercial goods
    No gazebos or marquees
    No generators
    No glass
    No Hi Vis
    No illegal substances
    No large sound systems
    No laser pens
    No professional cameras
    No professional recording equipment
    No weapons

Do all of these apply in the campervan area too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

DirtyLeeds wrote: »
    Mud bath down there already apparently

Really? Before the campsites even open? That's disastrous......if of course you're not just trolling and trying to wind people up,you wouldn't do that?...and looks like you aren't....that's bad news indeed, thought one day of rain wouldn't make that much of a mudbath

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

thinkn about buying ticket from ticketmaster online and collecting from box office just wondering they will hardly be strict on the name on the card will they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Corholio wrote: »
    Anybody know what the Vodafone Vantage stage is like?

Just won 2 tickets to be on the platform watching The National perform.

Is it suspended in the air or something?

I won tickets for it too. There was some Vodafone stand at Hard Rock Calling I assume it's something like that. It's basically an elevated platform

• Registered Users Posts: 29 agentino

Was there yestrday and the rain could not have come at a worse time. The grounds will be destroyed once trodden on and more rain to come today

I am told less than half the tickets have been sold so there will be plenty of room.

It looks like the beginning of the end for Oxegen unless they can do something major with the cost. Rip off Ireland is at an end guys.

Enjoy it everyone

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Was meant to pack last night, instead went out on the lash. Hungover packing today is gonna be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

we have 3 day camping tickets but wont be camping we will just be over and back each day only live 30 mins away were getting the shuttle bus from naas over and her dad has said he will pick us up

2 questions

and can we enter through the day entrance as i know it is closer to the road with camping wristbands?

not sure which crossroads you're talking about, but he should be able to get to any of the crossroads around the site, he'll prob be stuck in traffic for a lot of it though, if he's collecting you after the last act.

i'm pretty sure you can enter through the day enterance with camping wristbands, you could in previous years anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    I won tickets for it too. There was some Vodafone stand at Hard Rock Calling I assume it's something like that. It's basically an elevated platform

Im a huge national fan so if by any chance you aint intersested in using that pass while Beyonce is on, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I cant remember, what was different last year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

2 questions

You would prob be better getting picked up back in Naas because of the traffic and would prob take forever to get in and out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Hey. I'm so confused about getting there...I haven't booked anything yet!!

I saw this on the Bus Eireann site - http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=250. Is that a good deal? I honestly want to be there as early as possible on the Friday morning so maybe 8am is too late.

Someone said we could just get a bus to Naas, then get the free shuttle bus to the campsite? Is this true. Where do I get that bus to Naas in Dublin? I live in Dublin 8. Arggh soo confused! Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Namlub wrote: »
    Dry shampoo tbh. I need it. I've put it in the middle of my rolled-up sleeping bag and it looks pretty inconspicuous, hmmm...
    Just a warning about dry shampoo. I was at a festival last year and was lighting a cigarette behind a mates head (he'd been using dry shampoo btw) and his hair burst into flames. He'd had a few alcoholic beverages so didn't really notice.

On topic:

The weather's not looking too bad for the weekend. Showers tomorrow, some Saturday and very little rain the rest of the weekend. I'd imagine the ground's fairly soggy though.

I'm not going now, but have fun guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Are cans of shaving gel allowed in? As far as i know it's not aerosol, just pressurized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Nope your not going mad, shes opening the Vodaphone stage on Saturday at 2 pm
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/07/06/amanda-brunker-to-play-oxegen-nope-we-did-not-make-this-up/

wouldnt want to be too close the front incase she starts crowd-surfing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

wouldnt want to be too close the front incase she starts crowd-surfing :eek:

That woman gets on my wick. Its all "I know loads of famous people" and "Jordan is jealous of me" and "Im the best mother in the world". She is a talentless gee bag.

How in the hell did that vapid piece of crap get a slot at Oxygen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Last year's one had a lot more place to get in and out of at the sides, if I remember correctly. You didn't need to queue for ages to get near the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

I think it's a one in one out setup for that pit. It depends on who is on before her. There was a mass evacuation last year when Jay z was playing and then arcade fire. A tsunami of gansta rappers coming out of the pit with the wider sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

You can stay at the front all day if you want, but be willing to get squashed a lot :D.

Anyways, there should be no problem getting to the front anytime, just start movin up about half an hour before she starts to make sure.

Last year seemed very easy to get to the front at any time, with the exception of Muse of course

Advertisement