Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Yeah, and I doubt many slash fans are single ladies, so they won't be hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

agentino wrote: »
    Was there yestrday and the rain could not have come at a worse time. The grounds will be destroyed once trodden on and more rain to come today

I am told less than half the tickets have been sold so there will be plenty of room.

It looks like the beginning of the end for Oxegen unless they can do something major with the cost
    . Rip off Ireland is at an end guys.

Enjoy it everyone

:)

How is that happening, how come T in the Park sells out but not Oxegen, is it because more people live in Scotland WTF! Like its similar line ups so you would think that both fests would both sell out at the same time.

Edit: It looks like T hasnt sold out, there is still tickets available on Ticketmaster, but I dont think the deficit is as bad as the Oxegen one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

How is that happening, how come T in the Park sells out but not Oxegen, is it because more people live in Scotland WTF! Like its similar line ups so you would think that both fests would both sell out at the same time.

Edit: It looks like T hasnt sold out, there is still tickets available on Ticketmaster, but I dont think the deficit is as bad as the Oxegen one.

When I was over at Glastonbury there was tons of Irish people there. Every second accent I heard was either Irish or Scouse. My ticket cost approx €235 and then the flight cost €45. So for €30 more than a 4 day camping ticket (with the booking fee) I got a 5 day experience at one of the best festivals in the world.

I could be wrong but perhaps in the current climate people are looking for more value for their festivals and are not as inclined to go to Oxygen or Electric Picnic. For instance I usually go to Electric Picnic but not this year. I decided that Glastonbury would be by far the better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

DirtyLeeds wrote: »
    Mud bath down there already apparently

Idle speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Does anyone know does it take long to get back to Goffs after the Foos on saturday night, from experiences of last year

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Question regarding the Heineken Green Spheres stage:
    - how can the pit area be entered? Is there entrances on each side close to the stage?
    - How long in advance should I start queing to get close to get in there before 5.30pm?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

Off topic question but what time do shops start selling their alcohol at? Please tell me it's before 12 noon.

EDIT: Never mind :) I've just found this amazing thing called 'Google' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Question regarding the Heineken Green Spheres stage:
    - how can the pit area be entered? Is there entrances on each side close to the stage?
    - How long in advance should I start queing to get close to get in there before 5.30pm?

Thanks!

There is no Pit in the Green Spheres Stage...The only stage with a pit is the Main Stage.

It's easy to get to the front of the Green Spheres stage at any time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have had tent up since 1, no sign of rain, ground is solid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

callaway92 wrote: »
    There is no Pit in the Green Spheres Stage...The only stage with a pit is the Main Stage.

It's easy to get to the front of the Green Spheres stage at any time :)

Really? That's good, I thought the Vodafone stage had one too.

Anyone know if they have water points in the Arena? Don't want to have to keep buying it.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Really? That's good, I thought the Vodafone stage had one too.

Anyone know if they have water points in the Arena? Don't want to have to keep buying it.

Nope, just the Main Stage! It's free for all on every other one!

Water points are by the urinals..you won't miss them

callaway92 wrote: »
    Nope, just the Main Stage! It's free for all on every other one!

Water points are by the urinals..you won't miss them

Ah, cool!

Can't believe I forgot, I've been there every year since 2004 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

What's the story with the welly exchange? I'm planning on swapping these runners I got from penneys and rarely wore, but I'm worried my size will be gone by the time I arrive. (12:30ish)

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Ah, cool!

Can't believe I forgot, I've been there every year since 2004 :rolleyes:

Enjoy it...I was there the last couple of years...Disappointed I'm not going this year :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There was a pit at the Vodafone Stage last year but it was like the one at the main stage where you could walk in and out as you free.

The pit at the main stage this year has gone back to the old one where you need to que up

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hay guys, random question but does anyone know how much the official merchandise is? Like the actual oxegen tshirts and stuff? Trying to work out my budget!! Oh and is it only tshirts or hoodys too?! :)

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hay guys, random question but does anyone know how much the official merchandise is? Like the actual oxegen tshirts and stuff? Trying to work out my budget!! Oh and is it only tshirts or hoodys too?! :)

There'll probably be hoodies too. The T-shirts usually range from 20-35 and the hoodies, 40-60. It's expensive! There are hats and belts and other random stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

this_time wrote: »
    Yeah, and I doubt many slash fans are single ladies, so they won't be hanging around.[/QUOTE

Wrong there ! the ladies LOVE Slash...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 derealmoister

I bought my ticket online with my da's credit card which means his name is on it... Do I have a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

Im staying in green campsite in an 8 man tent. Problem is theres 9 of us what are chances of getting last person into campsite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

I bought my ticket online with my da's credit card which means his name is on it... Do I have a problem?

No you're fine, doesn't matter what name is on the ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 derealmoister

Cool thanks. How likely would I to be caught bringing in a large glass bottle of vodka in my bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 don_redz

Hey All. I haven't got my Oxegen tickets yet so was wondering whats the chances of getting 2 out at Punchestown on the cheap from a toute? Or is there a ticket office out there that I can purchase if needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cool thanks. How likely would I to be caught bringing in a large glass bottle of vodka in my bag?

Very. FFS.

mmaniac wrote: »
    Im staying in green campsite in an 8 man tent. Problem is theres 9 of us what are chances of getting last person into campsite??

If it says the maximum the tent takes is 8, then they won't let you bring any more in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

They always check your bag or give it a squeeze to make sure you've no glass in it. Maybe put the vodka in a plastic bottle and roll it up in a jumper in your bag.

EDIT:
    don_redz wrote: »
    Hey All. I haven't got my Oxegen tickets yet so was wondering whats the chances of getting 2 out at Punchestown on the cheap from a toute? Or is there a ticket office out there that I can purchase if needs be?

Just buy one online and use the confirmation email to get in.

You can bring vodka, just not in a glass bottle. So put it into something else.
    don_redz wrote: »

You might find a few cheap tickets. Make sure you scan them through before handing over any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Amanda Brunker is performing at Oxegen - unfortunately I'm not joking. I wish I was making it up.

I set up a seperate thread on this but it was locked, in fairness that seems only righ tgiven its Oxegen discussion but its so barmy it almost deserves its own thread!

Amanda "I'd-do-anything-to-get-in-the-limelight" Brunker has been drafted in at the last minute to replace Jessie J.

I would have thought it was a hoax but its in a reputable blog on the Irish Times site - link

A disgrace. It might be even slightly humourous if it wasn't such a kick in the teeth by MCD to all the hard-working and talented bands out there that could have filled this slot. Not to mention the twisted sense of an entitlement that this media whore must have...

She is apparently appearing on the Vodafone stage on Saturday at 2pm.

well before when i've been camping, and its been raining heavily...rather than get up, put me boots on and get soaked to have a pee in the middle of the night, i've often peed in a bottle and disgarded same bottle in the morning.

if any of you take the same approach, i can now think of some very productive ways to disgard said bottles

(Do it for us who can't make it)

Advertisement