Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What a ridiculous decision that is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Surely there's better alternatives to her.

Just don't give her the satisfaction of showing up to her set. I'm not even going but it's a bit of a joke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

its an eye opener of what Oxegen has become i suppose. chart music teeny boppers. nothing wrong with that i suppose really. there's worse things in life.

but amanda brunker. jaysus wept. too far...too far!

one of 2 scenarios would make MCD regret this monstrous decision

1) absolutely nobody turns up
    2) lots of people turn up...and cause a security incident.

I will happily accept either as long as nobody gets hurt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sadly there will be a crowd at her id say unless its raining. Luckily i wont be on site on Saturday till 4 or 5
    With Oxegen fast approaching, we're refusing to rest until the Hot Press Signing Tent is fit to burst. With that in mind, it's time to reveal the latest batch of fantastic acts for you to meet and great across the weekend.

Joining the already stellar line-up will be hotly-tipped UK noise merchants The Vaccines, Los Angeles natives and splendidly-monikered The Airborne Toxic Event, Irish hopefuls The Riptide Movement (who recently opened for Bon Jovi at the RDS) and the increasingly-popular The Original Rudeboys.

And we're not done yet. Stay tuned to hotpress.com for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I have a 3 day non camping ticket, I bought a car park ticket then, surely thell let me park anyway once ive the car park ticket?? whole plan was to sleep in the car for weekend and walk in and out, dont want to be made sleep a goffs!

Ill try blag it i suppose, or have a 20 ready if needs be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

baz2009 wrote: »
    Will probably get dropped at Goffs then!

Not looking forward to the queue to get in. Would it generally be long around half 12 on the Thursday morning?

Is there a bus that goes from Goffs to Punchestown?

I can't find information on it anywhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yes there is.

It's the park (your car) and ride (the bus).

lordgoat wrote: »
    Yes there is.

It's the park (your car) and ride (the bus).

Thanks I found the link to it now so I'm all sorted.

Can't wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

Driving up from Cork on Saturday. What's the best thing to do with the car, Park and Ride? I take it wellies will be worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Have had tent up since 1, no sign of rain, ground is solid :)

Keep the updates a comin chief

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

trying to book tickets for sunday.. but says its box office collection only and not ticketfast...
    is there a box office up there that we'll be able to collect at?thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

wtrdfrd18 wrote: »
    trying to book tickets for sunday.. but says its box office collection only and not ticketfast...
    is there a box office up there that we'll be able to collect at?thanks guys! :)

Yeah the Box Office is just outside the Main Entrance, beside the "stonehenge" thing... if that't still there this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Can someone pleasr help me out? Can i buy a 3 day camping ticket tomorrow up there in the ticketmaster booth or can you only buy one day tickets? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

anyone hear that they are giving out free tickets down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

They aren't.

If that was the case I would be chuffed.

As I am coming home each night I could bag my sister a ticket for sunday with Beyonce.

She'll love me for this:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

karaokeman wrote: »
    I could bag my sister... She'll love me for this:p

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

AlanC275 wrote: »
    Can someone pleasr help me out? Can i buy a 3 day camping ticket tomorrow up there in the ticketmaster booth or can you only buy one day tickets? Thanks :)

Ya you'll be fine doing that... They'll have loads there as they 3 day camping tickets aren't close to being sold out :)

ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Selective quoting FTW :D
    karaokeman wrote: »
    I could bag my sister... She'll love me for this
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

Very Important Question! I'm buying a 3 day ticket with my auld lads credit card and the only option is to pick it up at the ticket master boooth....BUT i won't be able to bring the card with me as he needs it =( ticket master customer services have stopped so I really need to know what can I do...can i bring a letter of consent???. Thanks in Advance! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

Ok guys, im packing my bag right now and i think that i take way too much stuff. Im going tomorrow and coming back on sunday afternoon and i have 2 bags + sleeping bag!!! Am i the only one so overloaded? How many bags do you take with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

3 bags overall 2 for the tent 1 with clothes and the rest are cans =P

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

what about food? :D

bit of junk food in there somewhere but you would be better off going to naas and pigging out tbh I don't want to spam this thread with my previous question but is anyone else in a similar situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _Isabella

I got a dublin bus ticket for oxygen tomorrow leaving from town and it says on the website the earliest is at 12 .. I could be wrong but i thought i saw somewhere else on here or a different website that they were running earlier. Anyone have any idea because i'd like to go a bit earlier. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

_Isabella wrote: »
    I got a dublin bus ticket for oxygen tomorrow leaving from town and it says on the website the earliest is at 12 .. I could be wrong but i thought i saw somewhere else on here or a different website that they were running earlier. Anyone have any idea because i'd like to go a bit earlier. thanks!

It's always been 12 I think. Probably the earliest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

seanbmc wrote: »
    It's always been 12 I think. Probably the earliest too.

Yeah. It was in 07 and 08. We cut our losses and ordered a private bus in 09 only to find out that we still weren't allowed in until 1 when we got there:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _Isabella

Guess its 12 then, thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shane L wrote: »
    Very Important Question! I'm buying a 3 day ticket with my auld lads credit card and the only option is to pick it up at the ticket master boooth....BUT i won't be able to bring the card with me as he needs it =( ticket master customer services have stopped so I really need to know what can I do...can i bring a letter of consent???. Thanks in Advance! =)

i think if you bring a photocopy of the card, a letter from him, and some form of ID for yourself, that might be ok, but it probably depends on the person at the booth. can you ring Ticketmaster first thing in the morning, then buy the ticket, or will you have already left by then?

a better option might be to get him to take the cash out using his credit card, then buy it in cash down there?

Advertisement