Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

KetchupKid wrote: »
    Warning, be careful,!!! Our tent was robbed while we were sleeping last night n most tents were hit or attempted. MCD security is useless, they're only here to protect MCD, not the paying customer. Beware knackers everywhere!!

Number 1 reason I will never camp at Oxegen again

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

My weekend is ruined now, heading in to Dublin to try and get a replacement passport, since I was supposed to be leaving for the USA on Monday!! I doubt if I will have the passport and all sorted to leave by Monday now. What a great weekend, and I haven't even seen any bands yet. It's bad enough being robbed by the banks and the government, told there are no jobs and now what little money and dignity I had left is now gone too, and so am I. I think I may change my ticket to one way and leave this knacker's mudhole country for good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭LowOdour

im heading down to oxegen on sunday for the day...will i be allowed to bring a backpack in with me to hold coats, snacks etc? Havent been since 2004 so cant remember what is/isnt allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My weekend is ruined now, heading in to Dublin to try and get a replacement passport, since I was supposed to be leaving for the USA on Monday!! I doubt if I will have the passport and all sorted to leave by Monday now. What a great weekend, and I haven't even seen any bands yet. It's bad enough being robbed by the banks and the government, told there are no jobs and now what little money and dignity I had left is now gone too, and so am I. I think I may change my ticket to one way and leave this knacker's mudhole country for good!!

If it was me this happened too I would be out looking for theses guys and I would beat up every knacker senseless that I met at the fest today, and eventually extract the info about the passport and get it back, simples. Sorry to hear about that dude, hope you get it sorted.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Why bring your passport to Oxygen in the first place?

• Advertisement

If it was me ...I would beat up every knacker senseless ....

I want to, but unfortunately easier said than done. Where do you start??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Try a "lost" notice , offer a reward of 50 - 100 euro.
    That'll tempt the rats out. alternatively check the bins.
    Passports arent worth anything to these morons.

ronaneire wrote: »
    Why bring your passport to Oxygen in the first place?

You need photo ID to get in and if you don't have a driver's licence, what other photo ID is there?

threein99 wrote: »
    Number 1 reason I will never camp at Oxegen again

Hopping the fences is an annual event at Oxegen loads of people sneak in including the sort of scum that do this stuff.

That said these sort of happenings are the exception rather than the rule in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Photocopy of your passport certified at a Garda Station, too late now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

LowOdour wrote: »
    im heading down to oxegen on sunday for the day...will i be allowed to bring a backpack in with me to hold coats, snacks etc? Havent been since 2004 so cant remember what is/isnt allowed

You'll be fine. The only thing they could take off you is bottles that still have the tops on them.

You need photo ID to get in and if you don't have a driver's licence, what other photo ID is there?

It's never nice when it happens. You had no other method of ID?
    Hopefully it shows up? Have you made any inquiries?
    OXEGENPlease read this page VERY carefully before you leave home!! Black and White photocopies of your passport are not accepted. Colour photocopies of you passport must be accompanied by Official school or college ID in credit card format.
    OXEGEN
    If you’ve got valuable on site with you, remember you can store them in the lockers located in the blue campsite (next to the showers).

safe_image.php?d=AQAZmGz2IJx_5C6s&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oxegen.ie%2Fwp-content%2Ffiles_flutter%2F1309799249deadmau5921x342.jpgCamping Facilities | Oxegen
    www.oxegen.ieGeneral Free Showers Centra Seating Areas First Aid Lockers General Information Both the red and blue campsites have a range of facilities

ronoc wrote: »
    Hopping the fences is an annual event at Oxegen loads of people sneak in including the sort of scum that do this stuff.

That said these sort of happenings are the exception rather than the rule in my experience.

All the years I've been going to Festivals I've been lucky only to have had a sleeping bag taken from my tent.

To sort out the problem they need to go down the Glastonbury route with a huge fence to stop people bunking in. I was at Glasto and there's a huge difference in the class of people who attend (people who pay for tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Like who in gods name rob's a sleeping bag.

Scumbags that can't be arsed to buy one.

Lumbo wrote: »
    they need to go down the Glastonbury route with a huge fence to stop people bunking in. I was at Glasto and there's a huge difference in the class of people who attend (people who pay for tickets).

I just assumed the camping area was secure and only those that paid the €250 could get in!! Thanks MCD!!!!!!! Another Celtic tiger slime company that the government let's fleece the public. Never again!! Time to riot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

A garda ID? Costs a tenner.

Like who in gods name rob's a sleeping bag.

Scumbags that can't be arsed to buy one.

Someone who doesn't like Bulmers cause they left about 20 cans untouched.

You don't even need to bring Garda ID as I already stated. A colour copy of your passport and college ID would do.

I just assumed the camping area was secure and only those that paid the €250 could get in!! Thanks MCD!!!!!!! Another Celtic tiger slime company that the government let's fleece the public. Never again!! Time to riot!!

There's a fence that's surrounds Glasto. It must be about over 10 feet high. It really does the job.

ronaneire wrote: »
    You don't even need to bring Garda ID as I already stated. A colour copy of your passport and college ID would do.

Unfortunately a colour photocopy of the passport is only good if accompanied with school or college ID in credit card format. I don't have a school ID!
    Yes, but it takes several weeks to get, only decided to go to Oxegen last week - big F%^&ing mistake!!

• Advertisement

There's a fence that's surrounds Glasto. It must be about over 10 feet high. It really does the job.
    Yes, but MCD is too cheap and too fast to snap our money and not provide any proper security!!!

Yes, but MCD is too cheap and too fast to snap our money and not provide any proper security!!!

Ah here mate. You've got me all wrong if you think I for one minute I would defend MCD. I'm giving the solution to the problem. Build a big ass fence around the place. Problem solved.

Ah here mate. You've got me all wrong if you think I for one minute I would defend MCD. I'm giving the solution to the problem. Build a big ass fence around the place. Problem solved.

No problem, I know you weren't defending MCD, sorry but I'm still venting!!!! Yes, MCD should have a 10 foot fence or at least proper security. That's why I assumed I was a bit safe, since knackers won't pay €250 just to try and rob, - they're just CRIME - they don't pay! I'm sure MCD does a great job of keeping the knackers out of the gig area so they don't loose money, but they give feck all about their paying customers in the camping area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

What are you doing on boards instead of being constructive about your lost ID. Get to lost & found tent. Alert security. Get on the phoen to the passport office see if there is any provision. Check for an emergency passport, I know if you go to the office you can getone done in about 5hours for an extra fee. Ring them. Ring your airline check if you can move your flights to later dates if its granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

What are you doing on boards instead of being constructive about your lost ID. Get to lost & found tent. Alert security. Get on the phoen to the passport office see if there is any provision. Check for an emergency passport, I know if you go to the office you can getone done in about 5hours for an extra fee. Ring them. Ring your airline check if you can move your flights to later dates if its granted.
    Here here!

Edit: After a quick google search Hear Hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

this_time wrote: »
    Here here!

Edit: After a quick google search Hear Hear!

:pac::pac:

nice one

What is wrong with you people, so negative!! I'm not stupid, I'm just trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else!! I've already been on to Security, the Guards and I just left the passport office and I have to go back and hope to have a new passport later this afternoon.

So it's all my fault I had no other form of photo ID and for for sleeping in my tent in the middle of the night cold sober with the tent zipped closed and locked from the inside and someone cut one of the tent stakes and pulled out my backpack from the outside and ran. I heard it and ran out yelling, but couldn't see him. No security anywhere and no one cared. When I finally found security, they didn't seem to care, since it's common here - everyone was either robbed or almost robbed. If I was careless or drunk I could blame myself, but this was not the case. Theft at Oxegen is rampant and no one cares. I've now learned this happens every year, but despite the crime, MCD get's their licence every year, because of Money!! MCD has security to protect THEM, but not us. The Garda know about the troubles here, but no one cares or does anything. They think we are all drunk and stupid kids and the don't care about us, except when it comes to taking our money!! Well, be as negative as you want, but people have to know not to go to Oxegen!! I know, in any other case where crime is so common as this, it would all be shut down, but let's face it, it's not about the people, but it's all about the money and we don't even have Jessie J to sing about it, just fat arse Amanda Bumfecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

People --- you may need a boat to get to the Site ....N7 in Flood mode:D

5myfg5

http://twitpic.com/5myfg5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Glastonbury might have a 10 ft fence but its certainly not immune to robberies http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=164098

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

What is wrong with you people, so negative!! I'm not stupid, I'm just trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else!! I've already been on to Security, the Guards and I just left the passport office and I have to go back and hope to have a new passport later this afternoon.

So it's all my fault I had no other form of photo ID and for for sleeping in my tent in the middle of the night cold sober with the tent zipped closed and locked from the inside and someone cut one of the tent stakes and pulled out my backpack from the outside and ran. I heard it and ran out yelling, but couldn't see him. No security anywhere and no one cared. When I finally found security, they didn't seem to care, since it's common here - everyone was either robbed or almost robbed. If I was careless or drunk I could blame myself, but this was not the case. Theft at Oxegen is rampant and no one cares. I've now learned this happens every year, but despite the crime, MCD get's their licence every year, because of Money!! MCD has security to protect THEM, but not us. The Garda know about the troubles here, but no one cares or does anything. They think we are all drunk and stupid kids and the don't care about us, except when it comes to taking our money!! Well, be as negative as you want, but people have to know not to go to Oxegen!! I know, in any other case where crime is so common as this, it would all be shut down, but let's face it, it's not about the people, but it's all about the money and we don't even have Jessie J to sing about it, just fat arse Amanda Bumfecker!

Your the one who is being negative. Honestly do you think that the people who are there now in Punchestown are going to reading this?

Why in Gods name did you leave your backpack outside? And with your passport in it. You are responsible for your own property, no matter where you go. So blaming MCD, and everyone else is not going to get your passport back.

Take it as a lesson learned... badly.

Advertisement