Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

CyberWaste wrote: »
    My wishlist for dance arena:

Deadmau5
    Afrojack
    Justice

Thats my headliners! Below are the other acts id love to see at it:

Steve Angello/Axwell/Ingrosso or Swedish House mafia
    Nero
    2Many Djs
    Crookers
    Burns
    Fred Falke
    Benga
    Steve Aoki
    Skrillex
    Bloody Beetroots
    Dr Lectroluv
    MSTRKRFT
    Proxy
    Erol alken
    Sound of Stero
    Designer Drugs
    A-Trak
    Magneitc Man
    Boys Noize

I want some dubstep at it...
    Half of them would be amazing! 2009 had a lot of them, but last year was pretty crap in the dance arena.
    Oxegen 2007 has been and gone, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Whilst it does seem like it's going ahead, do you actually think that MCD would run Oxegen at a significant loss next year so they can honour their end of this deal (which I'm sure would be legally nullified if the event were to be cancelled)?

Oxegen made a profit as it does every year. If they thought it wasn't going to be profitable this year they would not have said that it is going ahead. The problem for MCD is not that it isnt making a profit but that the profit isn't large enough for them. To run it in Punchestown is quite expensive and they are exploring other options. They may take a gap year in 2012 for the typical "crop rotation" i.e. with glasto but Oxegen 2011 is GOING AHEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Oxegen's Facebook just updated

"Soooooo folks... Who would you most like to see at Oxegen 2011?!"

confirmation enough for ye lads?

ps 500 comments in 15 mins :D

bren2001 wrote: »
    Oxegen made a profit as it does every year. If they thought it wasn't going to be profitable this year they would not have said that it is going ahead. The problem for MCD is not that it isnt making a profit but that the profit isn't large enough for them. To run it in Punchestown is quite expensive and they are exploring other options. They may take a gap year in 2012 for the typical "crop rotation" i.e. with glasto but Oxegen 2011 is GOING AHEAD.
    That wasn’t my point, I have no idea how profitable the festival is. I just thought that the fact that someone won tickets the event doesn’t exactly constitute solid proof that it’s going ahead. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oxegen 2011 was always going ahead It was the venue at which it was being held that was, and still is under question. It will still be at Punchestown this year anyway, i'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I wish the would change the venue, Punchestown isn't great for it. Where else could they have it? I assume Phoenix Park would be out of the question...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i do agree Punchestown isnt the best but it is in a decent location because once the bands get on the motorway its just straight till the turn off for Artist's entrance. What about Leopardstown if not Punchestown

Also surely when they are asking people who do they wanna see , but wouldnt they already have at least 1 headliner booked. I no they never really listened to who people want .

Wonder will they announce any before X mas

Yea i do agree Punchestown isnt the best but it is in a decent location because once the bands get on the motorway its just straight till the turn off for Artist's entrance. What about Leopardstown if not Punchestown

Also surely when they are asking people who do they wanna see , but wouldnt they already have at least 1 headliner booked. I no they never really listened to who people want .

Wonder will they announce any before X mas

Yeah MCD couldn't care less who people want to see, they're probably just getting people thinking about it

Yeah MCD couldn't care less who people want to see, they're probably just getting people thinking about it

Yea sure didnt they do it for Oxegen 09 , Who do you want ................. Ah sure we will just book KOL again

Hopefully, i'll buy early this year. I fancy 20 euro off.

• Advertisement

Hopefully, i'll buy early this year. I fancy 20 euro off.

Hopefully im working at it again next year :) Although if its a deadly line up i might have to choose work or go ha.

Still looking at
    Download
    Hurricane
    Sonisphere

And def going to Lowlands

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

May be chance of the Manics playing as they just released an album and are currently touring. They were insanely good when I saw them in 2009.

I wish the would change the venue, Punchestown isn't great for it. Where else could they have it? I assume Phoenix Park would be out of the question...

Not a bloody chance. Phoenix Park is way too close to large residential areas, and not even that far of a walking-distance to Dublin city centre. Oxegen's fans don't have a reputation as a well-behaved bunch (though it's nothing like the media make out) so it's out of the question.

Phoenix Park is a national treasure in any case. I wouldn't like to see it get trashed.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Not a bloody chance. Phoenix Park is way too close to large residential areas, and not even that far of a walking-distance to Dublin city centre. Oxegen's fans don't have a reputation as a well-behaved bunch (though it's nothing like the media make out) so it's out of the question.

Phoenix Park is a national treasure in any case. I wouldn't like to see it get trashed.

Is it really a national treasure? you couldn't camp anyway and the restrictions would be so annoying. It can't be in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

What do ye think are the odds of the rubber bandits heading to Oxegen? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8&feature=aso

http://www.oxegen.ie/4739/news/foo-fighters-to-rock-oxegen-2011/

Kinda randomly came from nowhere, but the announcement we all expected I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Danger781 wrote: »
    What do ye think are the odds of the rubber bandits heading to Oxegen? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8&feature=aso
    Hopefully larger odds then them dying

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bands announced now = people buying tickets for Christmas:)

Thats it alright, just thought they may have tried hyping it up a bit...ye know the usual MCD statement: "Big announcement tomorrow, watch this space"
    or
    Oxegen trying to be clever: "We're getting only the Best for you this Summer ;)"

About time. :) I'm gonna get the early bird. Hope we don't have too wait until march for more bands.

Mr.S wrote: »
    MCD sent out a press release this morning to the media saying an annoucement would be made at 10am:)

Hopefully a few more bands will be confirmed, 1 band so far is a bit meh when you look what other festivals have already announced.

Well titp announced foo fighters two weeks ago. So they should announce something before the end of the year hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

UGH Foo Fighters :( now I know how all the people who didn't want Eminem felt

or
    Oxegen trying to be clever: "We're getting only the Best for you this Summer ;)"
    Its cause we are :) Prob the greatest live band out there imo :) plus i could be working and might get to meet Mr Grohl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I am pretty happy with that announcement but I wont get a ticket or even think about getting a ticket until Download is sorted =/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

US rock band Blink-182 are reportedly in talks to play at the T in the Park festival next year.
    [COLOR=#008000 ! important][COLOR=#008000 ! important]The [COLOR=#008000 ! important]band[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] are set to tour the UK next summer and might play the festival and perform on the main stage at Balado in Scotland.
    A source said to UK newspaper Daily Record: 'The band would be honoured to play a festival that has such a great reputation.
    'It's one of a number of UK festivals that get heaped with praise, and the band love the idea of playing to the Scots audiences, who are regarded to be among the best in the world.
    'We're going to be in the UK but have no Scottish date as yet. Nor do we have a date lined up in Ireland. It's either play a great festival like T in the Park or add more arena dates but those would conflict with the festival, so that makes little sense.'

:mad: I don't care if it's in someone's back garden in Mayo, just make an Irish date, Blink.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i know oxegen is primarily a rock festival but im still feeling depressed knowing my hero wont me comin:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

foo fighters are confirmed :))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Dont like foos but im just happy its been officially announced. gonna get the early bird ticket. anyone know if u can pay 200 quid all in one go or do u have to do the installments thingy?

We've got more big big news for you tomorrow! Chk out Ian Dempsey's breakfast show on Today FM from 7am for an exclusive announcement!
    http://www.todayfm.com/Home.aspx
    I actually will be awake to hear it for once :) 1 good thing about being in college early

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I swore I'd never go to another Oxegen but for crying out loud... it's the ****ing foo fighters?! Will be there for sure now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Said to all my friends last year that the only band that i would go back to Oxegen for were the Foo Fighters!!!!!

I am ridonkulously excited about this news!!:D

Advertisement