Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ronaneire wrote: »
    Your the one who is being negative. Honestly do you think that the people who are there now in Punchestown are going to reading this?

Why in Gods name did you leave your backpack outside? And with your passport in it. You are responsible for your own property, no matter where you go. So blaming MCD, and everyone else is not going to get your passport back.

Take it as a lesson learned... badly.

Eh he didnt, he said they cut the tent from the outisde and pulled out the back pack that was in his locked, zipped up tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When time does the 2FM audio coverage commence they never actually tell you anything for their schedules, when does the actual broadcasting of live performances start? BBC 3 kicks off with their broadcasting of T in the Park at 8.05 pm tonight.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

ronaneire wrote: »
    Your the one who is being negative. Honestly do you think that the people who are there now in Punchestown are going to reading this?

Why in Gods name did you leave your backpack outside? And with your passport in it. You are responsible for your own property, no matter where you go. So blaming MCD, and everyone else is not going to get your passport back.

Take it as a lesson learned... badly.
    Feck off!!! Yes, I am being negative, but if you are going to negatively respond to me, at least read my post properly, but I suspect reading isn't one of your strong points! MY BACPACK WAS IN THE TENT AND THE TENT WAS LOCKED!! The scumbags cut the rope from the stake to the tent and then pulled the bag out from under the tent.

I'm not writing this for those in Punchestown, although many have iphones and web access here, but I'm writing for all those on the boards that are thinking of going. IF so, STOP! Don't give MCD any more money if they can't provide proper security!! The only way to fix it, is to hit them where it hurts, financially!

This is typical Irish, someone get's robbed and it's all their fault!!

andreac wrote: »
    Eh he didnt, he said they cut the tent from the outisde and pulled out the back pack that was in his locked, zipped up tent.
    Thanks Andreac, good to see someone can read!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

KetchupKid wrote: »
    I'm not writing this for those in Punchestown, although many have iphones and web access here, but I'm writing for all those on the boards that are thinking of going. IF so, STOP! Don't give MCD any more money if they can't provide proper security!! The only way to fix it, is to hit them where it hurts, financially!

Would you honestly not have gone if you'd known someone had a passport stolen there? This is rife at Oxegen. You must have heard a story of this kind before you went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Bringing your passport along 3 days before the biggest flight of your life. I can empathise with your frustration but you were asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Feck off!!! Yes, I am being negative, but if you are going to negatively respond to me, at least read my post properly, but I suspect reading isn't one of your strong points! MY BACPACK WAS IN THE TENT AND THE TENT WAS LOCKED!! The scumbags cut the rope from the stake to the tent and then pulled the bag out from under the tent.

You suspect quite a lot. But now you think you can judge people. Yes I misread your post. Take it on the chin, your not the first and you certainly won't be the last to have something stolen.

And you honestly believe people are going to stop attending Oxygen all because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So it's all my fault I had no other form of photo ID and for for sleeping in my tent in the middle of the night cold sober with the tent zipped closed and locked from the inside and someone cut one of the tent stakes and pulled out my backpack from the outside and ran. I heard it and ran out yelling, but couldn't see him.
    Then you woke up?

Seriously though. I sympathise with your story, if true.

Ive been to Oxegen/Witness 6 years in a row from 2003-2008 and never once have I nor any of a group of friends had even a t-shirt stolen. I can understand your distress but its not rampant and its only the scum that get in that try and wreck ppls experience but thats only a small minority, most people there are jsut trying to let loose, have some fun, listen to music and get stocious.
    DominoDub wrote: »
    People --- you may need a boat to get to the Site ....N7 in Flood mode:D

5myfg5

http://twitpic.com/5myfg5

Tha could be anywhere in Ireland! ANy other pics of the roads or fo the actual campsite this year live?

DJs talking and playing studio records, HELLO 2FM fecking live music happening, WHERE IS THE LIVE MUSIC!

Phantom have some interviews with bands going on, pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

A garda ID? Costs a tenner.

People should be able to bring their passports with having to worry about scumbags robbing their tents, its pathetic how people defend that behaviour by saying oh sure thats Oxegen what do you expect. Sooner the better the festival goes belly up the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

threein99 wrote: »
    People should be able to bring their passports with having to worry about scumbags robbing their tents, its pathetic how people defend that behaviour by saying oh sure thats Oxegen what do you expect. Sooner the better the festival goes belly up the better.

I wasn't defending anyone. :confused:
    I'm just saying that common sense should dictate bringing another form of ID with you. A Garda ID is cheaper than a passport. There are also the aforementioned options of photocopying your passport (I got away with that when I was 17, without having to have any form of college/school ID). To compound it all, the user has to take a flight on Monday morning. Again, with due respect, what the hell was he thinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So i've come into possesion of a VIP pass,

few questions for ye's! Is there wifi up there?!?!?! and will they show the munster final sunday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

You have 'no money' yet you can afford 250 euro for oxegen and God knows what for flights to America..... sure :rolleyes:

Bringing your passport along 3 days before the biggest flight of your life. I can empathise with your frustration but you were asking for trouble!

Yes, it's all my fault, not the knackers or the poor security. You'd think I was stumbling around drunk with 100 euro notes hanging out of my pockets with a neon sign over my head that said "Rob Me"! Maybe we should just lock ourselves up and never go out!!

I wasn't defending anyone. :confused:
    .... common sense should dictate bringing another form of ID with you..... Again, with due respect, what the hell was he thinking?!

That's easy to say if you have another form of ID. Once again, all my fault, I'm gonna have to remember to turn off that neon sign!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rachaelc

Then you woke up?

Seriously though. I sympathise with your story, if true.

Ive been to Oxegen/Witness 6 years in a row from 2003-2008 and never once have I nor any of a group of friends had even a t-shirt stolen. I can understand your distress but its not rampant and its only the scum that get in that try and wreck ppls experience but thats only a small minority, most people there are jsut trying to let loose, have some fun, listen to music and get stocious.

Tha could be anywhere in Ireland! ANy other pics of the roads or fo the actual campsite this year live?

Yeah ive been going since witness aswell, never had anything taken on any of us, although there's always been a big group of us, maybe that's why.
    This is the first year im not going for the whole wk-end :(
    Going on sunday, hopefully the sun will shine!

Yes, it's all my fault, not the knackers or the poor security. You'd think I was stumbling around drunk with 100 euro notes hanging out of my pockets with a neon sign over my head that said "Rob Me"! Maybe we should just lock ourselves up and never go out!!

See I'm not going to bring my expensive iPods, cameras, jeans, Fred Perry polos or watches because I don't want them stolen. Then again, I have common sense.

Typical Irish response. "It's everyone else's fault. I didn't know the banks wanted the money back." I no longer empathise with you!!!

That's easy to say if you have another form of ID. Once again, all my fault, I'm gonna have to remember to turn off that neon sign!!!!
    No, it was everyone else's fault. MCD should pay for extra security to pay to protect the guy who couldn't handle his drink on the Thursday night!

For the 1 person who moronically brought his passport with (just to repeat, 3 days before an important flight, the mind boggles), there are 30,000 who didn't have anything robbed. I've been down 4 years before, and am going down later this evening. Let's see if my important documents are stolen.

• Advertisement

Paracore wrote: »
    You have 'no money' yet you can afford 250 euro for oxegen and God knows what for flights to America..... sure :rolleyes:
    What are you talking about!!!! I never said i have no money, but I currently have no job with little money left and I'm leaving this country filled with people like you!! Yes after Oxegen, Aer Lingus and the few bob that was taken with my passport and now having to pay for a new passport, I have little left. Oxegen was to be my last hurah before leaving, now it's my last HUH!

I now know I'm making the right decision getting away from this country and people that can justify crime and blame the victim...

I now know I'm making the right decision getting away from this country and people that can justify crime and blame the victim...

The Irish don't suffer fools gladly! Go figure!

No, it was everyone else's fault. MCD should pay for extra security to pay to protect the guy who couldn't handle his drink on the Thursday night!

For the 1 person who moronically brought his passport with (just to repeat, 3 days before an important flight, the mind boggles), there are 30,000 who didn't have anything robbed. I've been down 4 years before, and am going down later this evening. Let's see if my important documents are stolen.
    Feck off, and read before making claims!! I had no drink and it was taken from a locked tent. I was at security and the Garda station this morning and I can tell you my case was the rule, not the exception. Everyone I spoke to had something taken or a close call!! But it's my fault for living and I didn't know you were an expert on everything. I'll lock myself up somewhere and only come out when you say it's safe.

The Irish don't suffer fools gladly! Go figure!
    I just hope something like this happens to you!! I never had an experience like this and I too thought it couldn't happen to me and I'm paranoid and very cautious, but despite that I got burnt, so it's all my fault. Thanks, let me know when you're a victim and I'll return the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

whats the story with the park and ride at goffs.how much is it to park there? it says there is a free shuttle bus but no mention of parking costs

Feck off, and read before making claims!! I had no drink and it was taken from a locked tent. I was at security and the Garda station this morning and I can tell you my case was the rule, not the exception. Everyone I spoke to had something taken or a close call!! But it's my fault for living and I didn't know you were an expert on everything. I'll lock myself up somewhere and only come out when you say it's safe.

So you were sober and someone was able to break into your tent, get away with money AND your beloved passport?! Good God!

Everyone you spoke to at the Garda station had stuff robbed. What an amazing coincidence.:cool:

Can anyone make sense of this, the 2FM Oxegen schedule
    OXEGEN SCHEDULE:

FRIDAY JULY 8: OXEGEN GOES LIVE ON 2FM
    2.00pm - 4.30pm: Ruth Scott & Paddy McKenna
    Ruth Scott & Paddy McKenna will launch RTÉ 2fm's epic Oxegen coverage 2011 and let listeners know what to expect to hear and see over the weekend.
    7pm - 1am: DJs Jenny Greene, Cormac Battle & Dan Hegarty with live music and interviews

SATURDAY 9 JULY:
    2pm - 4pm: Dave Fanning
    Mr Fanning starts of the second day of Oxegen with live action and festival fun
    4pm - 7pm: Ruth Scott and Paddy McKenna
    Expect plenty of updates from Punchestown and live footage on the 2fm website and RTÉ Ten online.
    7pm - 1am: DJs Jenny Greene, Cormac Battle, Jenny Huston & Dan Hegarty with live music and interviews

SUNDAY 10 JULY:
    2pm - 4pm: Dave Fanning
    Mr Fanning starts of the third day of Oxegen with live action and festival fun
    4pm - 7pm: Ruth Scott and Paddy McKenna
    7pm - 12midnight:
    Our RTÉ 2fm DJs bid farewell to Oxegen at midnight. All videos and recordings will be re-broadcast on RTÉ 2fm over the coming months. Listen back online for a full week and exclusive videos at http://2fm.rte.ie/oxegen

Does anyone have a more informative schedule that actually tells you what time certain performances will be broadcast, I cannot hack the presenter ****e talk, bloody useless info and presenters going blah, blah Oxegen but not playing live performances, refuse to pay the license if they cannot acknowledge the listeners.

I just hope something like this happens to you!! I never had an experience like this and I too thought it couldn't happen to me and I'm paranoid and very cautious, but despite that I got burnt, so it's all my fault. Thanks, let me know when you're a victim and I'll return the favour.

I empathise with you and you hope I get robbed and beaten? You obviously have serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

I empathise with you and you hope I get robbed and beaten? You obviously have serious issues.

1) you're not empathising. You're patronising
    2) they didn't say "they hope you get robbed and beaten"

give over FFS

• Advertisement

1) you're not empathising. You're patronising
    2) they didn't say "they hope you get robbed and beaten"

give over FFS

I originally empathised. He wants me to get robbed, so I shall not. Ta.

Advertisement