Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

I empathise with you and you hope I get robbed and beaten? You obviously have serious issues.
    What, you didn't empathise with me, you were a sarcastic twat! Plus I didn't say I wanted you to get beaten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

KetchupKid wrote: »
    Feck off, and read before making claims!! I had no drink and it was taken from a locked tent. I was at security and the Garda station this morning and I can tell you my case was the rule, not the exception. Everyone I spoke to had something taken or a close call!! But it's my fault for living and I didn't know you were an expert on everything. I'll lock myself up somewhere and only come out when you say it's safe.
    You need to cop yourself the fcuk on.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you but its common sense that you don't bring anything you can't afford to lose. A passport a few days before you're due to travel to the states would be pretty high up on that list.

Most of the posters here have sympathized with you and given you advice and you've come in with an attitude.

I know your situation sucks but please grow the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

I originally empathised. He wants me to get robbed, so I shall not. Ta.

nope. i'm afraid nowhere on the 200+ pages of this thread, did they say they want you robbed!

I might like you to get robbed though :pac::pac:

that was a joke though. i can confirm i would not like to see you robbed. or anyone for matter.

So you were sober and someone was able to break into your tent, get away with money AND your beloved passport?! Good God!

Everyone you spoke to at the Garda station had stuff robbed. What an amazing coincidence.:cool:
    Yes, they were incredibly fast, they obviously did it before, maybe even targeting certain types of tents. Yes, the crime at Oxegen is very common place, I wish I knew that before and I was trying to tell others, but my cries are being wiped away by sarcastic comments blaming me for being a victim!

Yes, all of you are big tough men and this will never happen to you and anyone it does happen to is either a drunk, a fool or both! I certainly don't hope it happens to any of you, but if it does, then you'll understand and maybe that's the only way some people can learn, possibly including myself! But if you continue to go to Oxegen, unless they do something about security, eventually you'll be a victim too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

What, you didn't empathise with me, you were a sarcastic twat! Plus I didn't say I wanted you to get beaten!!

Yes I did. You obviously don't understand what empathy is. I can empathise with you losing the passport but that doesn't mean I can't criticise you for bringing it in the first place. Doesn't mean I support the behaviour of scumbags either. Simply really.

You said "something"; you weren't specific enough to rule it out entirely I'm afraid.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone, see you down there. I'll be guy in the Oasis or Dublin t-shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

KetchupKid...it is fair to say also that you're like a bull in a china shop right now.

people will be less sympathetic if you keep bangin on.

i have to say the choice of bringing a passport, with a flight to the US coming up, was questionable. had you never heard of this type of stuff happening at oxegen before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

What would be my chances of getting into the campsite for the night if I get a day ticket for tomorrow? Was there all weekend last year with a wristband and didnt take too much heed of security but did anyone actually try this without a wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

What would be my chances of getting into the campsite for the night if I get a day ticket for tomorrow? Was there all weekend last year with a wristband and didnt take too much heed of security but did anyone actually try this without a wristband?

You mean how easy is it to rob up there?

.....had you never heard of this type of stuff happening at oxegen before?
    Yes, I heard some stories, but I thought:
    1. It would never happen to me.
    2. Only happen to drunks and people who are careless.
    3. Couldn't happen if you take precautions - don't leave anything unattended and if you're sober and a light sleeper and you lock tent when sleeping.
    4. Couldn't happen if you're alert, paranoid, fast and ready to kill anyone who will try.

But despite that, it still happened. You will all probably believe I did something wrong too, until it happens to you.

OK, I could have added to the list above such as:
    5. don't bring a passport (although it's my only form of ID).
    6. I could have locked the passport in a locker, but I didn't trust the lockers either and I thought it was safer with me.
    7. I also should have kept the passport with me in the sleeping bag, the sad thing was I had the passport in my sleeping bag with me, but when I woke up to pee I put all my valuables in the backpack to bring with me and when I returned I thought the backpack was safe in the locked tent.

As they say in the USA, it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, but was I careless? I certainly don't think so. Could I have taken more precautions? Yes, items 5-7 or I could have stayed home or locked myself up in the press.

So is crime common in Oxegen? Yes, once is too much and it's wayyyyy more than that!! I heard so many horror stories this morning.

Finally, is it OK to rob someone if they don't take every precaution or is it even OK to rob someone if they are drunk or careless? No, but some people here seems to think it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

But if you continue to go to Oxegen, unless they do something about security, eventually you'll be a victim too!!

'If I wasn't so paranoid, they'ld get me.'
    Yes, the crime at Oxegen is very common place, !!
    That is not true! Just because your feeling victimized now don't think that his is common place. It's simply not. In a fwe months you'll get over this and I'm sure might even attend Oxegen in the future. Breathe in and enjoy the states!

• Advertisement

'If I wasn't so paranoid, they'ld get me.'

That is not true! Just because your feeling victimized now don't think that his is common place. It's simply not. In a fwe months you'll get over this and I'm sure might even attend Oxegen in the future. Breathe in and enjoy the states!
    Young skywalker - Unless you are smoking the force, it is very common place, at least last night in my area.

You mean how easy is it to rob up there?

Clearly not. All my friends are in there and I dont see the value of buying a three day camping ticket when friday has passed. If there was a two day camping ticket I would buy it. Thanks for making assumptions and not answering my simple question though :rolleyes:

But I forgot the good news, my new passport will be ready for pickup in Monday morning, but not cheap..

And expensive lesson, despite being pretty careful to start with.

Clearly not. All my friends are in there and I dont see the value of buying a three day camping ticket when friday has passed. If there was a two day camping ticket I would buy it. Thanks for making assumptions and not answering my simple question though :rolleyes:

It certainly was a 'simple' question

It certainly was a 'simple' question

You're almost as witty as you are helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Is there any live coverage on 2fm or any other stations?

You're almost as witty as you are helpful.

In a thread where a guy has spent the last two pages complaining of being robbed in the campsite, I thought you were being sarcastic by saying is there any way of sneaking in there. Apparantly not.

In a thread where a guy has spent the last two pages complaining of being robbed in the campsite, I thought you were being sarcastic by saying is there any way of sneaking in there. Apparantly not.

Who says they snuck in? I only had a brief glance over the thread so was just looking for a bit of help, besides I wasn't talking about jumping over fences etc. More so going from the main arena to the campsite!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bringing your passport along 3 days before the biggest flight of your life. I can empathise with your frustration but you were asking for trouble!

I have to agree with the above. KetchupKid while i can understand the frustration, it wasn't the greatest decision you'l make. Anyway from now on i'd ask you to

1) stop making huge generalistaions like crime/knackers are rife. It's not true. Yes you and others had trouble but i doubt it is more or less prevalent than the last few years

2) Try and enjoy the rest of the weekend if you go back down to naas.

whats the story with the park and ride at goffs.how much is it to park there? it says there is a free shuttle bus but no mention of parking costs

the bus is free as is parking there.

Not directed at you monthehoops

If anyone from here on asks for ways to sneak they're getting banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

Is there any live coverage on 2fm or any other stations?

Yes definetly on 2fm, it's a pity it's not televised by some of the stations like Glastonbury with the BBC, not sure why this doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

WASP0 wrote: »
    Yes definetly on 2fm, it's a pity it's not televised by some of the stations like Glastonbury with the BBC, not sure why this doesn't happen.

BBC 3 are showing coverage from T in the Park tonight. There's usually a lot of the same artists playing at both Festivals.

Forgot to say that coverage starts around 8 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishgunner1

was thinking of goin tomorrow and sunday but you just reminded me what a shower of knackers will be there,was there last 2 years ago and swore never again,tents been set on fire and all sorts,and security just standing by watchn,hope things work out for ya dude

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

no vans allowed in the car parks this year hundreds turned away today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

WASP0 wrote: »

There is supposed to be coverage on RTÉ News Now this weekend. Anybody know what time it is starting at?

peppapig24 wrote: »
    no vans allowed in the car parks this year hundreds turned away today!!

Bit stupid, but it was on the website. Vans have to go to the Park & Ride.

READ THE SMALL PRINT PEOPLES.

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/cars-and-car-parks/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

I'm going up on the Sunday for the final day (Cant F****** wait!!) , Does anyone know if its alright to bring a few cans with me for the day, :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you want to drink them before entering the arena then go for it.

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    I'm going up on the Sunday for the final day (Cant F****** wait!!) , Does anyone know if its alright to bring a few cans with me for the day, :confused:

Yes, you can bring cans but they won't let you bring them in.

Plastic bottles with no top on them is allowed (SORRY they don't let you in the arena with alcohol anymore).

Here's a list for you.

[img]tems That Can Be Brought To Oxegen Campsite Arena Aerosol Cans NO NO Alcohol in Plastic Containers OK NO Cans OK NO Disposable BBQs OK NO Garden or blow up furniture OK NO Gas NO NO Gazebos& Marquees NO NO Glass in any form NO NO Large Sound Systems NO NO Loose pills/unmarked medication NO NO Medication in original container OK OK Personal Cameras OK OK Personal stereos & speakers OK NO Umbrellas OK NO The following items should not be brought to Oxegen: No aerosol cans No animals No commercial goods No gazebos or marquees No generators No glass No Hi Vis No illegal substances No large sound systems No laser pens No professional cameras No professional recording equipment No weapons[/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Lumbo wrote: »
    Bit stupid, but it was on the website. Vans have to go to the Park & Ride.

READ THE SMALL PRINT PEOPLES.

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/cars-and-car-parks/

Would havto agree say its because of so many people sleeping in the back of them etc! Off to Geoffs with me in the morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

hey guys, haven't been to oxegen in 3 years and this will be my first time going for just one day and altough i've read it on their site and here i have to ask again - NO ALCOHOL IN THE ARENA??? are they strict on this? was it like that last year? seriously unbelievable! don't mean to sound like an alco but that has bigtime put a dampner on my plans!

Advertisement