Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

hey guys, haven't been to oxegen in 3 years and this will be my first time going for just one day and altough i've read it on their site and here i have to ask again - NO ALCOHOL IN THE ARENA??? are they strict on this? was it like that last year? seriously unbelievable! don't mean to sound like an alco but that has bigtime put a dampner on my plans!
    Read two posts above yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

ah minstrel, i know - that's why i said that i'd read it and asked was it strict and was it like this last year - surely you can't blame me for wanting to look at it from every angle -

so is it queue for warm suddsy expensive heinekin or wine - only option?

i take it they are strict?
    when did they start this and anybody know why - bar the obvious monopoly?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

ah minstrel, i know - that's why i said that i'd read it and asked was it strict and was it like this last year - surely you can't blame me for wanting to look at it from every angle -

so is it queue for warm suddsy expensive heinekin or wine - only option?

i take it they are strict?
    when did they start this and anybody know why - bar the obvious monopoly?

Being honest it's about 50/50 that you'll get in with drink. Year before last it was alright as long as you had no lids and they were plastic bottles. Last year I was camping down there and walked in with plastic bottles the first two nights no problem and then the last night they took the bottles off everyone in my line. The girls had it sussed and were hiding them all over themselves and the security lads just wouldn't search them.

In relation to people getting stuff robbed, I've always heard to be careful but in the two years I camped I never had anything robbed or heard of anyone getting robbed. Everyone I've camped around has been down there for the same reason, to have a bit of craic and listen to music. I think there's a minority of scum down there that give the whole festival a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

KetchupKid wrote: »
    sleeping in my tent in the middle of the night cold sober with the tent zipped closed and locked from the inside and someone cut one of the tent stakes and pulled out my backpack from the outside and ran. I heard it and ran out yelling, but couldn't see him.

Ah, if only you hadn't locked yourself in the tent you could have caught up with the robbing muncher. Too careful for your own good there unfortunately.

I assume the key to the lock was in the bag that was stolen? Must have taken you ages to get out of that tent. I'd have been raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

White Lips on BBC3 from Oxegen

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Sorry I meant from T in the Park, Tom Jones on now, Mama told me not to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yes I did. You obviously don't understand what empathy is. I can empathise with you losing the passport but that doesn't mean I can't criticise you for bringing it in the first place. Doesn't mean I support the behaviour of scumbags either. Simply really.

You said "something"; you weren't specific enough to rule it out entirely I'm afraid.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone, see you down there. I'll be guy in the Oasis or Dublin t-shirt.

No Fred Perry Polo's then LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Is there anyway of getting a 2 day camping ticket?or if i went up tomorrow morning would they bring the price down on the 3 day?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Watching Arctic Monkeys on BBC3 ..Brilliant Setlist..Cant wait for Tomorrow:D:D:D

..and their only support for the Foos..:)

Read the last few pages..cant believe how pathetic some people are on this site..KetchupKid gets his stuff stolen by some lowlife and as usual the Idiots on this site decide to slag HIM off..Get a Life People ..Seriously:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

is there an oxegen live-webcam ?

I think 2FM is going to be playing some of the Leftfield set, seeing that they only featured one track from them on EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Read the last few pages..cant believe how pathetic some people are on this site..KetchupKid gets his stuff stolen by some lowlife and as usual the Idiots on this site decide to slag HIM off..Get a Life People ..Seriously:rolleyes:

+1

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Could someone let me know when they get back from tonight if wellies are needed for the concert arena tomorrow? No rain forecast so might just wear an old pair of runners instead.

Yo sashafierce You said you had a day ticket for Sunday where you wanted to get into the pit for Beyonce, just spotted this in the Oxegen forum from a disgruntled fan
    "The only reason I've bought a ticket (for Sat) is because the Foo Fighters are headlining and they're one of my favourite bands. However today I found out that you need a weekend ticket to get into the pit."
    So it looks like day ticket fans are getting screwed over by this ticket clause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

finno wrote: »

+1
    Emptiest oxegen ive seen since it's inception. Dead. organisers must have lost their bollix on it. dance arena empty. Main stage only filled back to tv tower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

great buzz up there tonight. Fergie has some body.

few showers but from where I was in the spot tower, I did not see one sad face. And did see 1000s of smiling faces.

Tomorrow is going to be epic. Foo Fighters are one of the best live band around ..27265410150323890054225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yo sashafierce You said you had a day ticket for Sunday where you wanted to get into the pit for Beyonce, just spotted this in the Oxegen forum from a disgruntled fan
    "The only reason I've bought a ticket (for Sat) is because the Foo Fighters are headlining and they're one of my favourite bands. However today I found out that you need a weekend ticket to get into the pit."
    So it looks like day ticket fans are getting screwed over by this ticket clause.

If that is true, it is a fúcking joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

wats da stry with weather 4 2day and sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Emptiest oxegen ive seen since it's inception. Dead. organisers must have lost their bollix on it. dance arena empty. Main stage only filled back to tv tower
    i agree there,it's definetaly the emptiest i've seen also.The tent for Leftfield was more than 3 quareters empty tonite i couldnt believe it really.I know they were on at the same time as BEP but a seriously bad turnout and there has been short lines for everything-beer,food,toilets,the lot.I would say it will have a lot more people on Sunday for Beyonce but so far there has been the smallest crowd there overall in years

Oh and it pisssed down during The Strokes and the muck is starting to get bad over there,no matter what anyone else says but hopefully the rain will stay off tomorrow and it could dry up a good bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

partyndbs wrote: »

nat00_weather.png?0624

nat01_weather.png?0624

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0709/oxegen.html
    Five men have been injured in am overnight slashing incident at the Oxegen Festival at Punchestown Racecourse in Co Kildare.

Five men have been injured at the Oxegen Festival at Punchestown Racecourse in Co Kildare.

The victims are believed to have received slash wounds following an incident shortly after 4am in the Blue Campsite at the event.

Four of the men, who are all in the late teens, had their injuries treated at the site, but a fifth man, aged 19, has been taken to Tallaght General Hospital.

Gardaí have notified the families of the injured men.

Hope the guy is ok.

How muddy is it down there at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

partyndbs wrote: »

Jesus christ.Use your bloody keyboard that's what it's there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can anyone tell me if I need wellies or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

nm wrote: »
    More

What a kip

MCD will probably sweep it under the carpet. It is Europes greatest music festival afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I need wellies or not?
    I had work boots on last night. Stayed dry. I was looking at the main field from above. MCD have done lots of drainage work . There should be no big ponds . But near the Vodafone stage there was 1 Inch of mud. Take wellies to be safe. Being cold and wet is no fun at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Good night last night. Place is very empty. I've been to Oxegen/witness every year and never seen it this empty. No problems getting into the pit and did not see them checking for armbands. Patches of mud around the place, I'd advise wellies to be 100% safe from mud. Toilets were being cleaned and power washed this morning. Despite what people were saying, I think its ran pretty well this year. Perhaps with 20k less people it can be handled better. I would imagine today and tomorrow will have a lot more people due to the decent weather.

For those wondering about the crowd, lots of very young people and a lot of scummers are here. Overall, great so far. Calvin Harris was epic last night! BEP were very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭IRISH VEGAS

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    MCD will probably sweep it under the carpet. It is Europes greatest music festival afterall.
    thats why the lads got blades to slash the carpet:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with the Black Eyed Peas last night.

Can't understand why so many people hate them.

Roll on Bruno Mars and Beady Eye tonight:D

Advertisement