Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

el dude wrote: »
    Highlight of the events so far surely?

So bad it's kind of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

el dude wrote: »
    Highlight of the events so far surely?

Kinda like Coldplays audience at Glastonbury eh! Lol.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Been gettig texts from a mate who's in the Media/VIP area, apparently Brunker is being followed around by a film crew...

RTE's winter schedule....Amanda's Summer Adventures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

what happened to MCD suing anyone who said anything bad about Oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I want to head down to Oxegen tomorrow but havent got tickets yet and cant make it to a ticketmaster in Dublin / book online because Ive only got cash. Would I be stupid to just head down to Naas and get tickets there or should I buy em in advance? Is there a ticket kiosk at Oxegen? Sorry if these are stupid questions!

Also anyone want to hazard a guess at what kinda delays we would be looking at getting out of the festival on Sunday night? A friend who parked for the weekend is driving us back after the last act and Im in work Monday morning so would kind of like to be back by about 2...Am I being very optimistic? :D

Last one I promise...what kind of drinks are available in the arena? I know I cant bring any in with me but I really dont wanna be stuck with warm beer at stands. If my friends have drink for me in the campsite would I be able to get them to bring it out to me and have some between the campsite and the arena? Been a long time since I was down there obviously :D

Hope everyone down there the last couple of days enjoyed it! What was the final verdict on the Brunker debacle??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what happened to MCD suing anyone who said anything bad about Oxegen?

^This is no longer relevant. Talk about the gig only in this thread. Go post in feedback/helpdesk or email the powers above if you're that nosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imelda May nailing it on the main stage, on 2FM just now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I despise Imelda May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

callaway92 wrote: »
    I despise Imelda May

That was a need-to-know basis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The place certainly seems much much quiter than any year over the last five - especially the campsites.
    Not surprising considering the economic climate and the woeful lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Just got a text from my brother says he's never seen anything like it in regards skangers at the event. He's witnessed several fights over the last 24hrs and one lad came at his pal with a syringe at around midday today looking for his money. They are leaving tonight even though they have a weekend ticket he says it's to risky as to many people are getting beat up for absolutely no reason.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just got a text from my brother says he's never seen anything like it in regards skangers at the event. He's witnessed several fights over the last 24hrs and one lad came at his pal with a syringe at around midday today looking for his money. They are leaving tonight even though they have a weekend ticket he says it's to risky as to many people are getting beat up for absolutely no reason.

It must be particularly bad this year.

Was there last year and the year before and never even saw a bit of trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Jesus H. Christ!

It's been bad before, but people getting robbed a syringe point?

Its important that these incidents are reported to The Guards, security and MCD.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ!

It's been bad before, but people getting robbed a syringe point?

Its important that these incidents are reported to The Guards, security and MCD.

For anyone down there, that this happens to, please report to to the relevant people. It should be recorded and not ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Azureus wrote: »
    I want to head down to Oxegen tomorrow but havent got tickets yet and cant make it to a ticketmaster in Dublin / book online because Ive only got cash. Would I be stupid to just head down to Naas and get tickets there or should I buy em in advance? Is there a ticket kiosk at Oxegen? Sorry if these are stupid questions!

Also anyone want to hazard a guess at what kinda delays we would be looking at getting out of the festival on Sunday night? A friend who parked for the weekend is driving us back after the last act and Im in work Monday morning so would kind of like to be back by about 2...Am I being very optimistic? :D

Last one I promise...what kind of drinks are available in the arena? I know I cant bring any in with me but I really dont wanna be stuck with warm beer at stands. If my friends have drink for me in the campsite would I be able to get them to bring it out to me and have some between the campsite and the arena? Been a long time since I was down there obviously :D

Hope everyone down there the last couple of days enjoyed it! What was the final verdict on the Brunker debacle??

Hi you can buy tickets at the site. They definitely have one on the way in where the shuttle buses leave you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

we came up at one o clock 2day even tho we had a weekend pass a lad got stabed 700yards from us last night another fella dropped in front of last night after taking summit couldnt hack another day of it never mind the drunken messes trying to start a fight wit ya over nothing

what a disater will never go again

we came up at one o clock 2day even tho we had a weekend pass a lad got stabed 700yards from us last night another fella dropped in front of last night after taking summit couldnt hack another day of it never mind the drunken messes trying to start a fight wit ya over nothing

Report it Laura. Email or write directly to MCD and call into the Garda station. There needs to be an official record made of them to prevent it happening again.

All that aside genuinely sorry to hear your weekend was ruined like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

lordgoat wrote: »
    Report it Laura. Email or write directly to MCD and call into the Garda station. There needs to be an official record made of them to prevent it happening again.

All that aside genuinely sorry to hear your weekend was ruined like that.

was already reported heres a link but the event management will be gettin a stern email on monday morning
    http://www.thejournal.ie/five-teens-injured-in-overnight-oxegen-slashing-assault-173499-Jul2011/

i jus rather my safety to been hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We were talking to people that are on the blue campsite , and asked them around 8pm , who was playing tonight .

They said that they were not going to the music tonight , but instead going to just chill out at the campsite .

I feel that there is another reason for this ' reading between the lines '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rachaelc

Not calling you a liar, but i really find this hard to believe.
    Tho you never know, oxegen attracts all sorts now.

• Advertisement

was already reported heres a link but the event management will be gettin a stern email on monday morning
    http://www.thejournal.ie/five-teens-injured-in-overnight-oxegen-slashing-assault-173499-Jul2011/

i jus rather my safety to been hurt

I've seen that report and it's been on the news but you need to report what you've said to MCD and the Guards. Simply so they have an account from as many people that were affected by it.

We really deserve better treatment than this. I'm pretty appalled by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

lad got stabed 700yards from us last night
    Wow that close?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

I went to Oxegen in around 2005.

Having been to Reading, T in the Park and others, even back then there was a marked difference in atmosphere at Oxegen.

The number of people there with no interest in music was worrying. It just seemed like an event where they could get completely hammered with no consequences, hence the scumbags arrived in their droves.

You're talking young too....14+ pissed out of their heads.

MCD have done everything they can to keep what goes on at this event under wraps, but more and more is coming out now. It needs to be cancelled now.

Hopefully the decline in ticket sales will do it.

I would advise any parents of teenagers who want to go to this to get a ticket to one of the bigger and better european festivals instead. It will probably be cheaper overall and it will be safer for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Jasus. Would yas stop the moaning.

Did ya not hear the Foo Fighters tonight!!!?

Flippin Heck. It was Awesome. Sound was great. Crowd where hopping with joy and the place was warm and dry.

What more do ye need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Security .....and plenty of it .

Enjoy the festival by all means , but bad publicity is nobody's friend .

Some mother's son/daughter are in Punchestown this weekend and they need assurances .

The general age group is 17-20 ............It does'nt need explanation .

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Yeah the crowd at Foo's was good but any other time at main stage it's unbearable. Was keeping to myself trying to enjoy Arctic Monkeys but all these tipsy 17 year old's with stupid glasses on were just falling everywhere talking (roaring) crap at each other with zero interest in the music. The worst thing is that it's right in your face...stay in the campsite please.

The addition of the gigantic screens spanning both sides of main stage is welcome though, much better than the previous tiny ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What are people expecting when they head to Oxegen? It's not going to be 100% safe, the security can't watch everything that goes on.

It's a festival, there's going to be drugs, there's going to be drunks all over the place and there's going to be fights.

It's unfortunate about the stabbings but I wouldn't let EDIT hearing about EDIT something like that ruin my weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Security .....and plenty of it .

Enjoy the festival by all means , but bad publicity is nobody's friend .

Some mother's son/daughter are in Punchestown this weekend and they need assurances .

The general age group is 17-20 ............It does'nt need explanation .

They will be grand.
    Im sure the parents that we talk about have seen the goings on in Festivals in the past . Im one of them.

And seen a whole lot worse when I was a teenager.
    There are hundreds of security people there. They cant be everywhere , all the time.

Put that many drunk adults 20 to 45 in the same place and it would probably be worse .
    Its a fantastic show for everyone that goes there. Its all about the music. There is no shortage of good bands. Thats where the money is going. Thats where I personally like to see it spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

seanbmc wrote: »
    blah blah blah

It's unfortunate about the stabbings but I wouldn't let something like that ruin my weekend.

Unless you got stabbed.
    Then we would have to listen to your moaning ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's a festival, there's going to be drugs, there's going to be drunks all over the place

Sounds grand! But then you come out with..
    What are people expecting when they head to Oxegen?

Normality, a sound festival, a good buzz, good craic, etc etc, no?
    It's unfortunate about the stabbings but I wouldn't let something like that ruin my weekend.

Dont make me agree with at least one moderator here (*****)... but seriously, what the hell? Lets break ur statement down to brass tax -being STABBED wouldnt ruin your weekend? - Really?
    I doubt that very much

Advertisement