Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Weekend of massive up and downs, foo's and arctic monkeys were great. Had a great time while it lasted but couldn't take the s##t and went home last night. Had my stuff stolen, friends attacked, scumbags all round.

First time at any type of concert or festival for me and probably my last too.
    Bittersweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

calex71 wrote: »
    I think you spot on there regards booze, it's a mentality in us as a nation where if we bring 2 crates we feel we have to finish them.

Last time I was there, there seemed to be too many people there to drink themselves stupid and had no interest in music, and I suspected some didn't even leave the camp site once over the week end.

Another unrealistic suggestion I'd have is to break up the camp site into much smaller sections and have more space between them and have 24hr security on each. Or even introduce a booze free one one the opposite side of the venue :eek:

It's happened........ I've finally turned into my dad :D

There's people I know of who go and the sole purpose on their minds is to drink themselves senseless. Wonder how many people just stay in the campsite for the whole weekend, not bothering to go see any of the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Everlong by foo fighters made my night. Just glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

seanbmc wrote: »
    There's people I know of who go and the sole purpose on their minds is to drink themselves senseless. Wonder how many people just stay in the campsite for the whole weekend, not bothering to go see any of the music.

Crazy, are they underage perhaps???? That's only reason I could think of for someone to do that , like no chance of being caught by parents for the weekend so cost of ticket well spent in their eyes etc. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

calex71 wrote: »
    Crazy, are they underage perhaps???? That's only reason I could think of for someone to do that , like no chance of being caught by parents for the weekend so cost of ticket well spent in their eyes etc. :confused:

Some are some aren't. Never understood their mentality, just go to a field and do it instead of paying 250 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Serious lack of atms here .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The stream for the Foo Fighters audio on the 2FM site is faulty, anyone else having problems with that its about 20 mins in length http://www.rte.ie/radio/oxegen/audio.html

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Weekend of massive up and downs, foo's and arctic monkeys were great. Had a great time while it lasted but couldn't take the s##t and went home last night. Had my stuff stolen, friends attacked, scumbags all round.

Bittersweet.

It's a shame that you feel that way. There's a lot of fantastic music festivals out there that you'd be missing out on.

Thing is, Oxegen is so bottom of the barrel that if you do decide to go to any other festival, chances are it'll be a much better experience than Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Have to say the Foo's blew me away last night, best band of the day by far for me, really know how to put on a a show!

Ive seen them a few times before and they keep getting better and better.

With regards trouble had some drunken scumbag come up to hassle my gf out of nowhere while we were sitting down.Proceeded to shout at her. Im not a fighting person but he backed down when i stood up to him, im not the biggest bloke. First trouble ive personally had at Oxegen happen to me and ive been going since Witness. You've just got to keep your wits about you is the best advice i can give.

Had a great day though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Bittersweet.

Go to one not in Ireland and you will have a great time, guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Foo Fighters were unbelievable last night! Everlong was probably the greatest moment i've ever had at a live show. All their new material was great aswel live. Foo's are so professional and they seem to be really enjoying it as oppose to the likes of Beady Eye.

I'm very happy I didn't camp, I think non-camping is the way to go. Shuttle bus is very effective and had no hassle whatsoever with it. Had no hassle either with scumbags but I think thats because we had no contact with the campsites.

Had a very good day topped off by an amazing live performance (Foo's), luckily had no trouble. Just a pity others don't feel the same..

The stream for the Foo Fighters audio on the 2FM site is faulty, anyone else having problems with that its about 20 mins in length http://www.rte.ie/radio/oxegen/audio.html

Not working for me either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Serious lack of atms here .
    What did you expect?

Yo sashafierce You said you had a day ticket for Sunday where you wanted to get into the pit for Beyonce, just spotted this in the Oxegen forum from a disgruntled fan
    "The only reason I've bought a ticket (for Sat) is because the Foo Fighters are headlining and they're one of my favourite bands. However today I found out that you need a weekend ticket to get into the pit."
    So it looks like day ticket fans are getting screwed over by this ticket clause.

I was in the pit for Foo Fighters with a day ticket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I fear primal scream's screamadelica show will wasted on the crowd tonight.
    What a pity their by far the best stage headliner tonight but will lose a lot of the crowd to coldplay and pendulum.Why o why didn't electric picnic go all out to get them as a headliner can't think of a more perfect band for the picnic.
    i suppose its down to money in the end and ep just can't compete with oxegen:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How were the Arctic Monkeys lastnight ? I have seen them at their best and their worst (The Point in 09)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Its a fantastic show for everyone that goes there. Its all about the music. There is no shortage of good bands. Thats where the money is going. Thats where I personally like to see it spent.
    You didn't specifically mention Oxegen in your post so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're talking about another festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Go to one not in Ireland and you will have a great time, guaranteed.

so true, I'm trying to do my homework for next year (and before I submit an application for leave with the war office:D).

Can't believe Poxegen has a rating of 10 in the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What did you expect?

I dont expect to queue for 90 mins to get money out , the quicker I can get money the quicker I can spend it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Can't believe Poxegen has a rating of 10 in the above.

The ranking appears to be based on the lineups of the festival. I don't think anyone has ever denied that Oxegen gets fairly impressive lineups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cotsydon

Yea agree with alot of use. I had my car stolen down there on friday night/saturday morning and the staff where terrible gardai where shocking to deal with. there more worried about people not getting in the arena with alcohol than the safety of others. mcd will be held responsible as i paid for secure parking with security and gardai patrolling it. Not good enough i think oxegen has seen its best days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Reading some of the stuff conjures visions of some Mad Max esque world. Just hope everyone stays safe tonight as its usually when the moronic tent burning starts.

Opr

Stayed away this year. Was it just me that noticed or are numbers a good bit down this year? I've noticed Naas and the surrounds didn't seem to be as blighted by traffic as previous years. Goffs seemed to be virtually empty of cars whereas in previous years there were cars parked on the grass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

lots of drunk people and fights, plan b wanting moshpits ruined what was a very good set by him. and left a few hurt. drugs of different kinds being shared in wait for deadmaus.

re bottle tops some vendors were leaving the tops on when selling minerals . brought my own but got others along the way.

wont be going back in a rush

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I was in the pit for Foo Fighters with a day ticket!!

Yep, I was the same.

I was in there as well for artic monkeys as well after that I needed to go to the toilet before foo fighters. People were getting crushed trying to get back into for foo fighters.

Security were very disorganised tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

To reiterate another poster earlier in this thread, I propose a new festival:
    SCUMEGEN 2012

SCOOTER
    UB40
    ASLAN
    DAMIEN DEMPSEY
    Mark McCabe plays MANIAC 2000 on a loop

Comedy Tent featuring Des Bishop, Tommy "Fcuk Yis" Tiernan and Amanda Brunker unplugged

Fight Club at the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

any beady eye reviews folks?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

To reiterate another poster earlier in this thread, I propose a new festival:

No eminem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

aflib wrote: »
    any beady eye reviews folks?

Ta

the biggest load of **** ive ever seen in my life, its a crime that people listen to him. bout 5 minutes in nobody was paying attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone head to Odd Future?

Advertisement