Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

aflib wrote: »
    any beady eye reviews folks?

Ta

was in the pit !

liam put a lot into it compared to oasis days !

songs not being popular dont help for non fans .!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone head to Odd Future?

Foggynotions on twitter saying it was a bit lack lustre. Poor crowd at it too. Roll on the august gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Nowso wrote: »
    was in the pit !

liam put a lot into it compared to oasis days !

songs not being popular dont help for non fans .!!

Liam Gallagher has become a parody of himself.

He is an embarrassment with his haircut, his useless band and his "mad for it" attitude.

At least Noel has had the good sense to move on. Liam looks like he is stuck in 1994 as his wrinkles enlarge on his face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Liam Gallagher has become a parody of himself.

He is an embarrassment with his haircut, his useless band and his "mad for it" attitude.

At least Noel has had the good sense to move on. Liam looks like he is stuck in 1994 as his wrinkles enlarge on his face.

have to disagree

if he wanted an easy life remain as oasis and sing the same songs.

he has gone out with new music and is putting a lot more into the whole thing and is starting to grow up a bit at last imo lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Christy Moore is singing ' Ride on ' now - he has just joined Coldplay -

Live on 2fm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Live on 2fm

It's class.
    He still has the voice.

Coldplay are coming back for an encore in a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Live on 2fm

That's pretty mad. Would have loved to have seen that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

They may not have the best songs in the world but they are a class live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Goffs was fierce empty compared to last year...I had a bitta bother finding the place, it wasn't signposted as clearly as last year..only found it after asking about 10 Garda, who all looked at me cluelessly! Useless!! Thankfully one of em new where to point me!

Even the main stage seemed to lack something, there was no MTV or anything filming it as far as I could see...I know I was only there for a day, but it just didn't compare to the last two years (although, the monkeys and foos were worth the cost of the day ticket alone)

Fierce scummy though as per usual. Saw some awful stuff from some topless fella, celtic crest tatoo'd on his heart attackin some other fella who was holding up an israeli flag in the pit..it got a bit..heated.

• Advertisement

Saw some awful stuff from some topless fella, celtic crest tatoo'd on his heart attackin some other fella who was holding up an israeli flag in the pit..it got a bit..heated.

christ almighty

shut the thing down now....that is fcuking ridiculous

people in Ireland seem to think this is a normal occurrence at a festival....I've been to about 15 festivals in the UK and I've never seen anything remotely close to that

the worst thing I encountered at a festival was a dodgy portaloo, never a fella getting beaten up for having the wrong flag or tents getting slashed open

it sounds like something the pikeys would be involved in

this country is a mess, it really is

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Any word on an Oxegen audio or video broadcast of The Pretty Reckless? (TV, Radio, Web, whatever...). Has it maybe been broadcast and someone recorded it? If you can deliver one, I'll happily provide a Foo Fighters recording from the Oxegen weekend in exchange.

christ almighty

shut the thing down now....that is fcuking ridiculous

Shutting it down is not the answer. You can't punish the majority for the few dickheads that are there every year.

Fixing the problems is not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Any word on an Oxegen audio or video broadcast of The Pretty Reckless? (TV, Radio, Web, whatever...). Has it maybe been broadcast and someone recorded it? If you can deliver one, I'll happily provide a Foo Fighters recording from the Oxegen weekend in exchange.
    David grohl was back stage listening to pretty reckless playing. was pretty cool.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Shutting it down is not the answer. You can't punish the majority for the few dickheads that are there every year.

Fixing the problems is not rocket science.

Don't know whether it's that simple. The problem with Ireland is that the scum tend to have a lot of money, so the big ticket prices doesn't filter them out.

The lack of festivals too means that they don't pick the scum one, they just go to Oxegen. AFAIK creamfields used to be on too, so Witness wasn't half as bad as all the scum would go to creamfields.

Short of dropping a bomb on the scum, the only way forward is to shut the festival down.

If it was up to me, I'd drop a bomb on them. I really, really would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Have been watching T in the Park on the TV, and I have to say that reading this thread makes Oxegen sound like a 2nd grade version of it.

PS can't find any TV coverage of Oxygen, nothing on RTE > when & where is it being shown? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

There should be a blacklist of banned attendees,if caught on CCTV camera acting the bollox that should be used as solid evidence to ban,they use it in uk for soccer matches attendees,police and security should work together in throwing out the trouble makers instead of being scared of them,be heavy-handed if must.

Personally i think its terrible for gardai to tell people not to bring valuables,it shows the lack of security in festivals,but if people are willing to pay to get shíte service long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

gsxr1 wrote: »

You might have a better chance checking the BBC T in the Park coverage its like the same weekend, I dont think they were filmed but there is probably an audio broadcast on radio you can get on the web. Type into google BBC T in the park and youll get the 2011 web page.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

LordSutch wrote: »
    Have been watching T in the Park on the TV, and I have to say that reading this thread makes Oxegen sound like a 2nd grade version of it.

PS can't find any TV coverage of Oxygen, nothing on RTE > when & where is it being shown? :confused:

RTE coverage is pretty pathetic. At least I am seeing the Foos in full on the BBC. A damn fine show they have put on too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Foggynotions on twitter saying it was a bit lack lustre. Poor crowd at it too. Roll on the august gig.

That's a pity. Hopefully the August show will be better. The fact it was an outside show may not have helped. The indoors of the Academy should hopefully mean that Tyler and co. can let loose and be heard fully. Can't wait for this. Just wish they'd release the tickets already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And STILL the bloody Foo Fighters audio is not working on the 2FM Oxegen website, theres not even a email contact address so the situation can be sorted out. Can someone do something, cant get BBC 3.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

threein99 wrote: »
    How were the Arctic Monkeys lastnight ? I have seen them at their best and their worst (The Point in 09)

Very good! I was also at that gig in November 09, it was the last night of their tour and they were shagged.

They opened with view from the afternoon and brianstorm and the set flowed very well. Didn't alienate the people who still think they have 2 albums but also played 5 or 6 from suck it and see. She's thunderstorms being my favourite and don't sit down "" was brilliant for a festival. Crowd got really into it for dancefloor and sun goes down as expected and they threw in an alternative mardy bum towards the end which was lovely. And they came on stage with you sexy thing by hot chocolate which was hilarious, everyone was like wtf!

Also, The Vaccines were brilliant before hand and played their 3 best known songs first, with blow it up, wreckin bar and post break up sex done in the space of a few mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What's a good album by Odd Future? That name has been dropped around quite a bit.

That's a pity. Hopefully the August show will be better. The fact it was an outside show may not have helped. The indoors of the Academy should hopefully mean that Tyler and co. can let loose and be heard fully. Can't wait for this. Just wish they'd release the tickets already

Saw em outside at Primavera and i enjoyed it alot, mainly as the crowd were well up for it. The tracks lose a hell of a lot of the production values and the set (i felt) relies on energy, which they have in abundance
    What's a good album by Odd Future? That name has been dropped around quite a bit.

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are a collective ( think Wu Tang) Tyler, The Creator released Goblin this year and it's the easiest to come across. I'd also recommend Bastard by Tyler and look up Hodgy Beats and Mellowhype.

Alot of their earlier stuff is free on their website.

Remember they are only young kids so i find the albums lack consistency but some of the beats on them are so so good. Also if shock lyrics aren't your thing might be best avoid them

Oh and alot of people rave about Earl Sweatshirts album but i haven't gotten round to it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Mate said the crowd weren't really into ofwgkta, hopefully they get a better show in August.

Hopefully I'll be at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Saw em outside at Primavera and i enjoyed it alot, mainly as the crowd were well up for it. The tracks lose a hell of a lot of the production values and the set (i felt) relies on energy, which they have in abundance

That's a massive problem I think with hip hop acts. Look at the Wu Tang at Glastonbury there the other week. You couldn't hear some of the lyrics and Method Man, at one stage, was totally pissed off by the lack of enthusiasm of the crowd. Lucky then that Odd Future have 5 or 6 Method Mans who are willing to tear around a stage for over an hour and hype the crowd to the max.
    seanbmc wrote: »
    Mate said the crowd weren't really into ofwgkta, hopefully they get a better show in August.

Hopefully I'll be at the gig.

To be fair you could see that coming a mile away. Their lyrics and subject matter are pretty shocking and not everyones cup of Bovril.

Also you have the problem that many of the people at the performance may have just rambled in because of everything they've been hearing about them.

I think they will be more successful in The Academy where everyone that goes there is doing so in order to see them and as such the crowd should interact more and make for a better atmosphere.

Look up Goblin, as lordgoat mentioned. There are some great tracks on that. Also look up Frank Ocean's works. He's already worked with Nas, Jay Z and Kanye West. He'd remind you of Drake only 100 times better and he's got tons more SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Beyonce was out of this world! :)

Did anybody see City & Colour? I am absolutely devastated having missed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Do they really all think Ireland is great or?

FINALLY somone got it right that oxegen is in Kildare Not Dublin, Thank you Coldplay (apart from the awful attempt at the Irish Laungage)

also them green lasers mustv'e pissed off every act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Generally if the entire weekend passes without someone mistakenly referring to us as part of the UK you are doing well.

Advertisement