Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

This will be my first time going to Oxegen so I'm a bit clueless about tickets. Will these early birds sell out fast? Would I still have a chance of getting one at around 2pm on Weds? Sorry, it just says they're a limited amount and I don't know what the demand is!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

i cant see em selling out even within a week so u should be good ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This will be my first time going to Oxegen so I'm a bit clueless about tickets. Will these early birds sell out fast? Would I still have a chance of getting one at around 2pm on Weds? Sorry, it just says they're a limited amount and I don't know what the demand is!

Its to hard to say anymore tbh (due to the recession) a few years ago it would sell out asap. Id say there nearly will be unlimited Early Birds since they want next year to sell well , id say you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Mr.S wrote: »
    You can pay it all in one go:)

--

More bands being announced tomorrow folks!

yay!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You can pay it all in one go:)

--

More bands being announced tomorrow folks!

I'm going with either biffy or pulp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm going with either biffy or pulp.

Hope its not Biffy, what a boring one that would be to announce

EDIT:
    Ian Dempsey just said it was a headliner, I doubt Biffy would headline

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

arctic monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Its Arctic Monkeys :(

ARCTIC MONKEYS!!!

Quality announcement, they may not be the best live act in the world but they have some excellent tunes and there'll be a great atmosphere

• Advertisement

mark182 wrote: »
    Its Arctic Monkeys :(

Yup dat sad face explains it all . Ah well if Biffy play would love if they put them on Vodafone Stage at the same time as AM

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Foo Fighters to Arctic Monkeys............now thats a drop and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Its to hard to say anymore tbh (due to the recession) a few years ago it would sell out asap.
    Early birds though are 3-day and 4-day tickets too. People like myself who really only want to go see one or two bands and not spending the weekend camped in a muddy field will have to wait until March to get our hands on the one-day tickets. I'll probably go and see the Foos, though I might see what other gigs they announce around that time and go abroad if they're doing a non-festival gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

To be fair they havnt played there since scumfest 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Nice wannnnnnnn!!!!

I'm a massive fan of the monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Arctic Monkeys wouldn't really be my cup of tea but if it's anything like 2009 when they had The Killers headlining and NIN on The O2 stage, I'll be able to check out something else that will be of interest to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

AdMMM wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys wouldn't really be my cup of tea but if it's anything like 2009 when they had The Killers headlining and NIN on The O2 stage, I'll be able to check out something else that will be of interest to me.

That NIN Gig was amazing!
    And to think I was going to let myself be dragged to The Killers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So are Arctic Monkeys actually gonna be headlining one night on the main stage? I can see them maybe headlining the Vodafone stage or even being on the Main Stage just before the main act on one of the nights.
    But i just feel they aren't really big enough to be one of the main headliners. Maybe it's just coz i'm not a huge fan.........Arcade Fire were headliners this year, I loved it but other people didnt think they should have been headliners......so it's just a matter of opinion i guess.

Still, Oxegen 11 looks set to rock........More acts to be announced this week apparntly :D >>>>>>>>> Queens Of The Stone Age PLEEEAAAASSSEE!!!!!

Ok so was kinda bored so I made a mock-up poster for what I think would make a great line up for Oxegen 2011. Some of the acts on it are far more likely than others, but let me know what you think anyway.

Oxegne2011.jpg?t=1290991121

2 acts from my poster so far :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

To be fair they havnt played there since scumfest 2006.

Oh well look at you.

• Advertisement

Not sure how reliable it is, but according to my friend who works in RTE, Blink are the next band to be confirmed shortly.

Yea id be amazed if Blink dont play but surely if AM can headline sure can Blink. Maybe we will get 4 headliners like recent years eg AF,Jay -z , Muse and Eminem. So Foo's AM , Blink Pulp/Strokes

Not sure how reliable it is, but according to my friend who works in RTE, Blink are the next band to be confirmed shortly.

Very possible - before Foo's were announced for TITP, all the rumours involved & sepculation was about Blink. Especially since that weekend of their European tour has no dates

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Jimmy Eat World are touring with Foo Fighters next summer so it's possible they will be announced too, one can hope anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Next announcement is tomorrow at 7AM, should be Blink 182 i'm guessing.

Sounds good :D
    Any ideas on the likelihood of RHCP being there?
    RHCP FF and AM. Oh my god epic line up in my opinion if it happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Sounds good :D
    Any ideas on the likelihood of RHCP being there?
    RHCP FF and AM. Oh my god epic line up in my opinion if it happened :)

A few reliable V festival sources said they RHCP will be doing a UK exclusive for V festival. I know that does not mean that they wont appear at Oxegen e.g. Arcade Fire last year were a UK exclusive for V but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if they did.

bren2001 wrote: »
    A few reliable V festival sources said they RHCP will be doing a UK exclusive for V festival. I know that does not mean that they wont appear at Oxegen e.g. Arcade Fire last year were a UK exclusive for V but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if they did.

Arcade Fire didn't play V last year...

Blink 182

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Meh.

It will take a lot to top the Foo Fighters.

Blink and Foo's :) . Arctic Monkeys :(

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters :cool: Blink :) Monkeys :D

Advertisement