Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    They may still be added to EP.

God i hope so can't think of a better band for ep it would be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So was there a noticable drop in numbers from people who where there Thurs-Mon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

I wouldn't normally comment on this cringeworthy festival, however, after looking at the front page of the herald and to see the face of the young lad that was slashed, i was genuinely shocked, from the back of his head right across his ear and into his cheek a deep slash wound which hanibal lecter would be proud of!! Fcuking scum, i hope they are caught swiftly and given a 10 year sentence after which they should be shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

RasTa wrote: »

Campsites were EMPTY! There was so much space to pitch tents, even on Saturday, there was space for groups of friends to set up camp around where I was R8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Blue was fairly full on Thursday and Friday from what I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

It was too expensive. I went up on the Saturday because the other days I thought were pure muck. Who picks the artist's for the main stage. Slash ahead of the Manic's. It's not Gun & Roses

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

RasTa wrote: »

Huge drop in numbers for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

:eek: i seen the vid of youtube. i dont know what was worse, that, or goldie lookin chain on the main stage in 2004!

Whoa there Franky! Don't stain the Chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I managed to blag my way into the VIP area on Sat.

201107102097.jpg

Saturday night was as good as an AC/DC gig . Thats how rockin it was.;)

Oxegen Picture thread would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

first timer for oxegen. camped in the quiet area and it was perfect. everybody just chilling and chatting away. toilets were there too and they were clean (ish) every day! foos were f**kin excellent! good atmoshere in the music area all weekend. on the sunday i was standing over to the far right of the main stage for coldplay. i just thought there was an awful scumbag element from about 7pm onwards. is that the side where the day ticket people come in from? the womens toilets at that side were a trouble spot. there were queues from every angle with people kicking in doors. idiots were going in not just to pee, but i guess ringing and texting and fixing make-up etc. takin forever anyway. there were knackers punching and kicking their way through the crowds. im not being a dry arse but it was dangerous at one point.why are woumens toilets like that??!! also why do people go to gigs and get plastered/ start talking to people with their backs to the stage/ or just act the ejit??
    highlights- nice camping area, near toilets, everything close enough, swedish house mafia, foo fighters, imelda may, coldplay, manics. life of brian on big screen! authorities were great fun and nice.
    low lights- idiots who arent there for the music or atmosphere etc. women wearing hot pants who really shouldnt be wearing hot pants! i swear some of them belonged on a spit, turning over hot coals!! drunken gob****es calling you all sorts because you didnt react the way they wanted you to react when they slobbered/ shouted/ swinging, out of you.

def go next year as the majority of the weekend was excellent. based on what people were telling me i was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

gsxr1 wrote: »

Oxegen Picture thread would be cool.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

thesultan wrote: »
    It was too expensive. I went up on the Saturday because the other days I thought were pure muck. Who picks the artist's for the main stage. Slash ahead of the Manic's. It's not Gun & Roses

manics were brill. slash and friends??? like a tribute act or something! was that thin lizzy with them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

lucylu wrote: »
    an oxygen festival goer was admitting to Naas A&E on Saturday night covered in blood. it transpired he was high on drugs the injuries were caused by self-cannibalism :eek:

My brother treated him, He was off his head and eating his own hands no joke.
    my brother said you could hear him biting the skin of his hands.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

267733_1816244618160_1601448416_31447942_7736658_n.jpg

That was a picture I took of the crowd from The Script on Friday.. for people saying how shít the attendance was, the entire area was packed out for it!

Chris Martin and Christy Moore :)

265032_1816316059946_1601448416_31448145_7586991_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

First time Oxegen goer here

Had been fed loads of horror stories before going, enough to put you off to be honest

Had a great weekend and to be honest it feels like I was at a different festival to a lot of people posting here

If any of the organisers or staff in green vests who worked the festival are reading this I just want to say fair play, from the lads and lassies checking bags and wristbands who were so friendly and chatty to the people in the pit who were handing out water when people asked for it and to everyone who was so accommodating and helpful I just want to say well done, ye really made a good impression and helped give the place a good happy atmosphere and the whole thing seemed well organised

Some great acts and performances over the weekend and i am really glad I went

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

finno wrote: »
    My brother treated him, He was off his head and eating his own hands no joke.
    my brother said you could hear him biting the skin of his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

First time Oxegen goer here

Had been fed loads of horror stories before going, enough to put you off to be honest

Had a great weekend and to be honest it feels like I was at a different festival to a lot of people posting here

If any of the organisers or staff in green vests who worked the festival are reading this I just want to say fair play, from the lads and lassies checking bags and wristbands who were so friendly and chatty to the people in the pit who were handing out water when people asked for it and to everyone who was so accommodating and helpful I just want to say well done, ye really made a good impression and helped give the place a good happy atmosphere and the whole thing seemed well organised

Some great acts and performances over the weekend and i am really glad I went
    Secruity was top notch. Friendly helpful and quick at stamping out trouble before it even began .

Just as I thought . When the actual festival goers returned today . There would be a very positive response here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

snuck in the security were like fair play mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mr.S wrote: »
    Whats everyones source about the really low attendance?

I mean I know it didn't sell out but it was still fairly packed and IMO not much different from different years. Sunday was absolutely Jammers, especially for Beyonce and Coldplay.

Chris said it between songs, "50,000 Irish", sunday was peak/close to peak(Mau5 pulled a large crowd), last year that would have meant wayy more IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

partyndbs wrote: »
    snuck in the security were like fair play mate ;)

I don't give a ****e tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

was great as usual, great acts, great fun, just kept to ourselves, i agree theres some trouble but nothin worst then you would see in temple bar at the weekend, hate the way everyone on about that.
    christy moore amazing, artic monkeys, ocene color scene and rubberbandits were my highlights

I don't give a ****e tbh.

dont be jel mate i got to enjoy free weekend only thing i paid for all weekend was a food....

Did you camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Propaganda were woeful at OxBox every night. Why does it take 5 DJs to press the play button? They got hammered when their set up cut out last night too.:pac:

Did you camp?

ye mate....just robbed like 2 litres of vodka and got cans off girls(pretendin to chat them up ;)) deadli buzz

Haha. weird that you posted on Boards since oxegen started ;).

i went down saturday......left coz load of ****in nackers i know were after me

Look I don't believe you.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mr.S wrote: »
    And just a FYI to MCD/Oxegen if you happen to read this, you really should have a better system for checking wristbands, have scattered security doesn't work and loads of people get through. Why not get the searchers into the arena to check everyones wristband? The amount of day ticket holders staying for 3 days was shocking. Also loads of people just cut of the excess red on a legit 3/4 day wristband and gave it to there mates to wrap around.

I actually got my wristband checked most of the time I went in and out of the campsite however I know a lot of people who just ran by and well the security were not that pushed.

I was at V festival two years ago and it was impossible to get into the campsite after the final act. You had to go single file through gates under a blacklight. The bands were fluorescence and lit up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sorry to change the subject but, to anyone who was at Foo Fighters. Was it just me or did Dave Grohl say he's coming back soon or he'd come back?

After their proformance, I definitely go see them again

Advertisement