Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm a rat ''blud''? :confused:

you know, the opposite of a rat crip :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dermo wrote: »
    I think he's just taking the piss because you complained about people bragging about getting in for free when technically that is exactly what you did. You should have clarified the "getting in for free" :)

Half said tongue in cheek. She did spend €0.30c on a text message so technically...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anyone see Pendulum? How were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

seanbmc wrote: »

Painfully sh*t, as always.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Painfully sh*t, as always.

I thought they were brilliant a great way to end the festival. Everyone around me were having a great time and really enjoy them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Had a fairly amazing weekend. Foo fighters and example just blew me away. We were a group of about twenty and lots of craic,music and beer was had. First year going so I cant compare it to other years but the security seemed good and you could have craic with them. Twas rough but I expected that we didn't look for trouble and it didn't try to find us, we were such a big group that nothing was done to us. people up there were really friendly,even the skangers after a few minutes chatting you'd think ya knew them all your life

The only thing that I had happen to me was that the little hand trailer i made to carry all my gear got stolen 3 times. I got it back the first two times but gave up bothering the third time. I suppose that's what i get for being a bit creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

C__ wrote: »
    Yonkers, Sandwitches was mixed with another, French, Radicals ammmm They played Earl at the very end.
    Damn I can't remember the others.
    Sorry

Cheers. Hopefully I'll get the set list somewhere else on the web.

Oh and the tickets are going on sale for the August gig on Friday at 9am. They're €17.50 each. Can't wait for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

seanbmc wrote: »

They were class and it was great craic. Me and a few of the lads were wrecked after ~30 minutes in the mosh pits, though, so we went to Coldplay. Apparently the pits got much bigger after we left..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

the pit at pendulum was rough. bloody great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

My first time at oxegen, have to say it was good but I prefer the atmosphere at electric picnic (my opinion before the blah blah deadly buzz blah blah)
    The foo's and slash made it for me, in the pit for each and made it a weekend to remember :D
    I shall return next year but I hope there isn't more time clashes, having to run around catching bits of artists is exhausting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Mister Man wrote: »
    Had to leave Sunday night because the camp was going insane to the point were I actually though I was going to get stabbed or something :L
    So a steward said we could leave our bags at a meeting tower and get them after pendulum finished up. So he put the last bag in there and said "When yas come back I want 50euro between everyone for the bags" (Yes, he really was serious)
    But we took it as a joke, and walked off to the arena.
    Came back and he actually asked for 50 euro, then 5quid per item (Everyone had at least 2 bags in a group of 7. I had 4 incl sleeping bag)
    Of course, this just got me pissed off to the point were I was ready to just over power the gob****e and take me stuff off him.

We got our tents wrecked when we went for Odd Future, and told the stewards walking by, and they didn't care about it and just walked off. (One guy actually stopped a few feet ahead and got his mate to take pictures) So we decided if everyone else is aloud to wreck tents, we were going to join in, and started ripping tents, throwing cans, food, anything we could get our hands on

Shocking security all weekend! I think it's fair to say that they were lucky no one was killed.! Everyone was either drunk off there face, or taking drugs, and it just got annoying. Defo won't be going to for a 4 day camping again. Had a great time when I was away from my own tent and with a different group of friends, or watching some of the great acts (Strokes, monkeys, Pendulum and more) but the general camping was terrible

Typical knacker activities .
    Your future of track suit wearing, prison and heavy drug abuse will fit you well.

Enjoy numb skull;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Not a huuuuge Oxygen fan....much more of a Picnic girl...but went this Sunday to see certain bands...and they blew me away!!

Fight Like apes were amazing as always! got to meet MayKay (what a babe!) in the hotpress tent after, and the highlight for me was Primal Scream.....I head Coldplay were brill...but I don't regret missing them for Screamadelica one bit! The buzz in their tent was second to none!

Seriously thinking about hittin Belsonic next month to do it all over again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jan_Itor

Did any one else see the two tanned guys doing flips and moshing in the pit for The Strokes? They looked like they were from New Zealand or something. One of them ran onto the others back and did like a backflip thing, landed on his neck and got straight back up jaws were dropping everywhere!

Swedish House Mafia were amazing, that light show and the lasers! Made deadmau5 look like ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

Jan_Itor wrote: »
    Did any one else see the two tanned guys doing flips and moshing in the pit for The Strokes? They looked like they were from New Zealand or something. One of them ran onto the others back and did like a backflip thing, landed on his neck and got straight back up jaws were dropping everywhere!

Yeah, they were deadly. They started the human pyramid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

There's not a hope. This was a hometown stadium show, a big night for the band. We won't get songs like A Certain Romance or Mardy Bum.

...Just wanna point out this post btw. :p

Mardy Bum was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Don't think I'll be back until something is done about the generally thuggery about it.

Suggestions:
    • Airport style security for campers. Would stop people bringing in offensive weapons or illegal drugs.
    • Stricter ticketing: Name/photo on ticket MUST match ID. Would make it easier to ban troublemakers from the festival in the future and stops ticket touting etc
    • More bins in the campsites. Rubbish was a disgrace.
    • Greater police presence in the campsites, perhaps an actual makeshift police tent in the campsites and more patrols. TBH I don't trust the marshals to take reports of crime seriously.
    • Electronic wrist tags for campers. To gain entry to the campsite from the arena and vice versa campers would have scan their wristband in train station style turnstiles. Would stop troublemakers who aren't camping from entring the campsites.

baz2009 wrote: »
    They were class and it was great craic. Me and a few of the lads were wrecked after ~30 minutes in the mosh pits, though, so we went to Coldplay. Apparently the pits got much bigger after we left..

Saw them in 09, same as you was absolutely bollocksed afterwrads. They're such a great live act.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be back until something is done about the generally thuggery about it.

List

No matter how many bins you have, the campsite will always be a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Stricter ticketing: Name/photo on ticket MUST match ID. Would make it easier to ban troublemakers from the festival in the future and stops ticket touting etc

They do that at Pukkelpop in Belgium - your name and address is on your ticket. If you decide you don't wanna go after all, you give your ticket back and there's an official waiting list of people who then get offered it. I think it's a better system - the amount of people at Oxegen who found out they had fake tickets, that couldn't happen there.
    More bins in the campsites. Rubbish was a disgrace.

More bins in the arena too! Me & my friend went looking for a bin and we had to walk from the main stage to the food stands before we found one, no wonder people dump stuff everywhere. I fell over a glass bottle leaving the pit =/ didn't cut me or anything, but it shouldn't have been there! (Yeah, I sound like a granny now, don't I? :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JoustKontrol

C__ wrote: »
    Yonkers, Sandwitches was mixed with another, French, Radicals ammmm They played Earl at the very end.
    Damn I can't remember the others.
    Sorry

Syd's Intro:

Waka Flaka Flame - Grove St.Party

Earl Sweatshirt - Drop

After Left Brain Hyped The Crowd. . . .

Mellohype - 64

Tyler,The Creator - Transylvania

Domo Genesis - Rolling Papers

Mike G - Everything That's Yours

Tyler,The Creator - French

Domo Genesis & Mike G - ????

Mellohype - **** Tha Police

Tyler, The Creator - Radicals

Mellohype - Igotagun

Domo Genesis - ????

Tyler,The Creator - Sandwitches

Earl Sweatshirt - Earl

That's The Set That Odd Future Played :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

More bins in the arena too! Me & my friend went looking for a bin and we had to walk from the main stage to the food stands before we found one, no wonder people dump stuff everywhere. I fell over a glass bottle leaving the pit =/ didn't cut me or anything, but it shouldn't have been there! (Yeah, I sound like a granny now, don't I? :P)

There will never be bins there.

They have a few big machines that they pull behind tractors that rake up and suck the pitch clean after each night. All the junk is gone within an hour with it.
    On return the next day, the place will be litter free.

Just dump your rubbish on the ground next. Your not being a litter bug .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Just dump your rubbish on the ground next. Your not being a litter bug .

Haha it's just a long-ingrained habit at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Loved how loads of bands I hadn't been too fussed about seeing before hand, were brilliant. Weezer especially, that Teenage Dirtbag cover was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jan_Itor

Can anyone tell me what song starts playing at 11.50 of this recording of SHM?

http://www.rte.ie/radio/oxegen/audio.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My voice is completely gone, I didn't eat or sleep on the last two days and all the things that happened are just coming back to me now and I loved every act I saw (except Deadmau5 because I thought the atmosphere was...weird or something). Even Bruno Mars ffs. I didn't get to see the Strokes but I haven't heard anyone say that they were unbelievably good or anything so I'll live. Ended up camped next to a group of absolute scumbags but one of them got slashed in the face so they all moved on Saturday night, other than that none of us had any trouble and it's hardly the cesspit that some people make it out to be. It's weird to be around sober people and to not see people drinking cans and having spliffs at nine in the morning. So yeah, unbelievable weekend.

Namlub wrote: »
    It's weird to be around sober people and to not see people drinking cans and having spliffs at nine in the morning. So yeah, unbelievable weekend.

I nearly fell out of the bed this morning afteronoon as I was(as I thought) reaching for the zip on the door of my room in the tent.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Namlub wrote: »
    My voice is completely gone, I didn't eat or sleep on the last two days and all the things that happened are just coming back to me now and I loved every act I saw (except Deadmau5 because I thought the atmosphere was...weird or something). Even Bruno Mars ffs. I didn't get to see the Strokes but I haven't heard anyone say that they were unbelievably good or anything so I'll live. Ended up camped next to a group of absolute scumbags but one of them got slashed in the face so they all moved on Saturday night, other than that none of us had any trouble and it's hardly the cesspit that some people make it out to be. It's weird to be around sober people and to not see people drinking cans and having spliffs at nine in the morning. So yeah, unbelievable weekend.
    the people who got slashed were either in B23 or B25. were you in one of them? i was in B24! we should have met up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

"Airport style security for campers. Would stop people bringing in offensive weapons or illegal drugs."
    Yeh I agree about offensive weapons and glass detection, but with drugs! Now thats a grey area, leave the hippies and passive people alone then, get a special Rubber Bandits detector, a scumbag xray machine. But leave the peacful types alone, the tokers and whatever, because if YOU were head of security you might just destroy the absolute essence that made a festival in first place, original counter culture ideals and bohemian lifestyles - Glastonbury, alas until the capitalists moved in I suppose.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

the people who got slashed were either in B23 or B25. were you in one of them? i was in B24! we should have met up!
    I was in B23! Sure we might have had a drunken chat without even knowing, you weren't talking to someone called Claire from Cork were you? :pac:
    Also, I have just realised that this...
    Namlub wrote:
    One of them (I think it was that Postman guy who just stands there making hand gestures) asked me if I had any drugs around the back of it last night. Lulz.
    probably happened because me and my friends stayed at the OxBox thing an hour after it ended licking the railings because we thought they tasted like lettuce. Oh dear.

Advertisement