Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fidelis wrote: »
    How can people be so nonchalant about all the crime and violence that happened at Oxegen :confused: It's like an accepted part of the festival. It's abnormal!

It's mind boggling alright. "Shur, there was only a load of theft, tent slashing and a couple of disfigurements this year, can't wait to pay 240 quid for it again next year"

:confused:

It's true to say that such a huge crowd will scale up possible aggro, but this kind of casual yobbery is not an element in many festivals of comparable size. Playing it down with so much bravado only perpetuates it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

How can people be so nonchalant about all the crime and violence that happened at Oxegen :confused: It's like an accepted part of the festival. It's abnormal!

I said MAJOR incidents, a small rip in our tent, as annoying as it is, is nothing compared to being injured or having valuable items stolen. I didn't let something like that ruin my entire weekend, which otherwise, was very good.

I've been at another festival besides Oxegen so I've seen the standard of it in comparison. However, you still get drunken violent types at other festivals. Maybe they're run better with better security and less people able to sneak in, but you still get people off their heads being idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I've been for the last 3 years and this year was undoubtedly my favourite! The music was awesome Weezer, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Slash, Beyonce, The Pierces were definitely my favourites.

I found the atmosphere to be so much better this year. All my time in the campsite wandering around with my friends meeting people and everyone was so friendly! Witnessed no trouble whatsoever, for the first year. Although some money was stolen out of my friends handbag, but she had left it outside the tent for the night:o

Having serious withdrawals now, listening to the 2fm audio and looking at all the pictures for the 100th time:( Woke up last night convinced I was still in my tent and couldn't figure out how I had gotten so comfortable ha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

are we still banned by threats from MCD's lawyers about talking the truth about Oxegen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pal wrote: »
    are we still banned by threats from MCD's lawyers about talking the truth about Oxegen ?

Dont think so, I think that just applied to the 2006 / 2007 period.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pal wrote: »

You can say anything you like as long as you can back it up with evidence. I've been asked to point out that this must be a video/photograph. Not just - I saw it with mine own eyes therefore it's true. This is from the powers that be, not the mods of Gigs/Events so if you want to discuss it further. Drop me a PM and i'll point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

lordgoat wrote: »
    You can say anything you like as long as you can back it up with evidence. I've been asked to point out that this must be a video/photograph. Not just - I saw it with mine own eyes therefore it's true. This is from the powers that be, not the mods of Gigs/Events so if you want to discuss it further. Drop me a PM and i'll point you in the right direction.

If that was true for every forum, this would be a very lonely site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Here's all the evidence you need:
    stab_indo_938175t.jpg

This guy was slashed across the face at Oxegen, and required 29 stitches. Anyone trying to make excuses for the stuff that happens at Oxegen needs to have their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Do we need videos and photos if we are trying to prove that we had a good time as well?!

stab_indo_938175t.jpg

This guy was slashed across the face at Oxegen, and required 29 stitches. Anyone trying to make excuses for the stuff that happens at Oxegen needs to have their head examined.

Are they blonde tips I see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Do we need videos and photos if we are trying to prove that we had a good time as well?!

and also expert third party witnesses who can only be a garda, security or mcd employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

looks like fernando torres when he had blonde hair.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lads, as I said, it's not mine Mr S nor Freak Scene's call on this. If you are unsure of anything drop any of the mods a PM and if we can't deal with it we will pass it on to those you can. You won't be ignored on this one. But try and keep the discussion to the event. Thanks

@Cunning Alias. I agree with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

People here might like to see this:

www.vodafoneoxegen.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Wish I had gone this year, but the fact you have to go expecting hassle and trouble but have to be in a state of mind where you cant let it bother you or wreck your weekend is unacceptable. Hope everyone here had an awesome weekend, seriously thinking of heading to Coachella next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

stab_indo_938175t.jpg

That's pretty scary looking at it, how fúcking close it was to his eye :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Why is everyone so shocked about this slashing? As Mr S said it happens everywhere.

I'm sure there's many more of these incidents on a busy saturday night in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

www.vodafoneoxegen.com

Just found meself in that picture!! :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes, a young guy getting his flash slashed is a bad thing, but it could happen anywhere. Plus nobody knows the circumstances that caused it. Yet everyone assumes that this guy was just sitting down on his own and some troublemaker just slashes him.

This is precisely it. The MOD is not defending the person who did it, merely stating that we don't know the circumstances surrounding it. Simple. People not to stop reading The Star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Just found meself in that picture!! :D
    I wish I had your eyesight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I wish I had your eyesight :D

zoom in, the quality is pretty damn good

I found an extremely fit bird that we were standing beside by the time Beady Eye came on. And she was from Cork as well, who'd a thunk it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Did anyone see the Buzz Lightyear doll on top of the Main stage? It was on one of the supports on the left hand side as you looked at it! :D I love the riggers.

Given everyone is talking about the negatives now, I am gonna point out some of my own positives, Saw some great bands, met some fantastic people, got laid a few times, drank but didn't get too drunk, drove around almost all ngiht while working, was given some free beers from people while working, camped comfortably, made 2 would be thieves run like scared puppies from my staff campsite after they jumped the fence. danced my ass off until 7 am a couple of times, went on the bouncing ball thing, had random strangers come up and just hug me, got chatted up by more than a few girls who wanted me to bring them backstage! :D

Bad things that I was witness to; The slashing, and turning a guy and girl away from the green campsite, because he had the right wristband and she didn't, when they were gonna get it on, I felt like I failed as a man right there in not helping him out but it's my job. I still feel like a cockblock for that. And Finally, a certain band who were staying in the green campsite quiet area who decided it would be fun to play the Sax at 630 am when my staff were staying nearby and up for work soon, along with them being right next to the disabled camping. I fcuked them out of it til they shut up.

So, as you can see, the good FAR outweighs the bad right there. And for the vast majority of people it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Mr.S wrote: »
    As with every year, nobody ever hears the GOOD side of oxegen
    That's simply not true. There are plenty of positive posts in this thread regarding everything from music to food. But that's what you've paid €250 for!
    Yes, a young guy getting his flash slashed is a bad thing, but it could happen anywhere. Plus nobody knows the circumstances that caused it. Yet everyone assumes that this guy was just sitting down on his own and some troublemaker just slashes him.
    Of course it could happen anywhere, but it happened at Oxegen, and that's what this thread is all about. If it happened to him on a night out in town, it'd still be an appalling act of violence! Boggles my mind how people can have such a flippant attitude towards it :( I ****ing despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

@ Mr S - it's also fair to point out that all the good things about Oxygen (seeing live music, meeting people, getting laid, drinking, having fun etc.) can and do happen elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Did anyone see the Buzz Lightyear doll on top of the Main stage? It was on one of the supports on the left hand side as you looked at it! :D

Ha just remember now someone pointing it out to me at Coldplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Did anyone see the Buzz Lightyear doll on top of the Main stage? It was on one of the supports on the left hand side as you looked at it! :D I love the riggers.

Thats a tribute to a rigger who died a few years back. His nick name was buzz. So I am told. It has been there every year since 07 (first time I went), don't know about before.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Full album here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1437507795829.42979.1777020561&l=052a8b676e

Let us know what you think:)
    Oxegen above blue camp
    270596_1437523556223_1777020561_664409_8281953_n.jpg
    Propaganda
    282342_1437521156163_1777020561_664402_5905360_n.jpg
    Aoki
    284292_1437545276766_1777020561_664456_7037106_n.jpg
    Paolo - Too soft
    284016_1437578397594_1777020561_664547_7199998_n.jpg
    Bruno
    270400_1437597918082_1777020561_664588_2740387_n.jpg
    Bruno Support
    282579_1437596278041_1777020561_664586_1487179_n.jpg
    Plan B Support
    268870_1437602638200_1777020561_664602_3147754_n.jpg
    Two Door
    270725_1437510555898_1777020561_664385_4144285_n.jpg
    Prof Green
    270477_1437550916907_1777020561_664481_6939881_n.jpg
    Aoki
    261960_1437547036810_1777020561_664464_2575015_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Damnit, they got all the others but not me in that one:p

In any case, I had a f'ckin deadly weekend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

www.vodafoneoxegen.com

I'm in that! Sitting down near the tea tent :)

Advertisement