Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Ah right, nice touch.

Bit more about "Buzz Lightyear" here:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/friends-help-tragic-rigger-to-soar-again-in-oxegen-tribute-1438811.html

Andrew Dowling, a rigger who died suddenly - not during the festival - in '08. His mates put a Buzz Lightyear somewhere in the rigging every year as a kind of tribute/ mascot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Best band/show of the weekend for me! They just seem genuinely happy to be there and like they were having fun too - they played for two hours and didn't go off to do an encore, just played straight through to get another song in. I hadn't got the new album yet so I didn't know a few of the songs, but still found myself singing along by the second or third chorus each time...

All My Life and The Pretender were mental. In complete contrast, they did a sort of acoustic singalong of Wheels and Times Like These, which was also amazing. Dave Grohl said at the end that they're coming back soon, so if they do, definitely try to go!! :D

Youre breaking my heart:( dont tell me this...so pissed off now. My fav band so original and caring!!! DAMM IT!:(

Thanks languagenerd:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Youre breaking my heart:( dont tell me this...so pissed off now. My fav band so original and caring!!! DAMM IT!:(

Thanks languagenerd:)

Sorry... you did ask though :D. If it's any consolation, I couldn't get into the pit for them (cause it was already full from Arctic Monkeys) and so had to watch from afar...

Anyway, he said something like "I already know when we're coming back and it's not too far away", so you might get your chance to see em yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

The pit was amazing, tbh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Namlub

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Tenks wrote: »
    The pit was amazing, tbh. ;)

Damn you :P. Queued for an hour and still didn't get in, think I underestimated the Arctic Monkeys :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Damn you :P. Queued for an hour and still didn't get in, think I underestimated the Arctic Monkeys :(

Really which side were you on? I got into the pit on the left hand side of the stage(if you are facing the stage) pretty easy even though i didnt go in till a few mins before they hit the stage

Really which side were you on? I got into the pit on the left hand side of the stage(if you are facing the stage) pretty easy even though i didnt go in till a few mins before they hit the stage

.....I was on the right. They cordoned off the entrance an hour in advance. We decided that it was probably just as bad on the other side so there was no point losing our place to go over there. Dammit!:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

.....I was on the right. They cordoned off the entrance an hour in advance. We decided that it was probably just as bad on the other side so there was no point losing our place to go over there. Dammit!:(

Yea my plan was to meet my friends at the entrance about 10mins before AM finished but they never showed up so after awhile i just got in the que/crowd and got in:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Namlub

Namlub

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Namlub
    huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ive been to many an Oxegen but this was my first time in the pit...I pick my moments well:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Namlub

Namlub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Namlub
    Namlub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've only just caught up with this thread since last week. I'm on page 89 so far so bear with me.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Last time I was there, there seemed to be too many people there to drink themselves stupid and had no interest in music, and I suspected some didn't even leave the camp site once over the week end.

I could say the same thing for Feile '93. It's not a new thing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Namlub

Que?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just thought it was a funny name.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

After telling loads of people how surprised I was that Coldplay were so good live, I was thinking about it and I reckon a lot of their kudos can go to their good live video editing. It just made every band member look so busy and brought so much energy to the gig. Was nearly worth another half band member in itself imo!

As an aside, during the Coldplay gig I lost my work van keys out of my pocket, where I'd even gone to the trouble of attaching the bloody key ring to my belt like a proper culchie :D

After ****ting myself for the duration of the last two songs, I made all my mates wait for everyone to leave (we were about 30 yards from the pit), then we set about scouring the floor for the keys. Found them after 3 minutes looking, about 10 yards from where we were standing!! Blessed is not the word.

The last time I remember touching them was in getting my wallet out for beer before Beyonce.. so the keys could have been anywhere. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Sorry... you did ask though :D. If it's any consolation, I couldn't get into the pit for them (cause it was already full from Arctic Monkeys) and so had to watch from afar...

Anyway, he said something like "I already know when we're coming back and it's not too far away", so you might get your chance to see em yet :)

oH I saw them 5times already! hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

MTV are currently showing Oxegen 2010 highlights...Muse are on now!

Edit: Bah. Only just realised that it started at 10 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

actually i won't bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's a pity that she didn't use a picture of the crowd that attended her show instead of the one on the page.

Deluded comes to mind.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It's a pity that she didn't use a picture of the crowd that attended her show instead of the one on the page.

Deluded comes to mind.

Pathetic comes to my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Love this.

OXEGE_160_610210s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Love this.

OXEGE_160_610210s.jpg
    i take it that's just the pit there in front of her...jaysus...that's pretty empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Most of them people are there also just to get a good spot for later in the evening, and there was a lot of "RTE people" there too. Probably plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Most of them people are there also just to get a good spot for later in the evening, and there was a lot of "RTE people" there too. Probably plants.

Even those would have died having to listen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

my keyboad cat video of her was also removed from youtube :mad:

• Advertisement

my keyboad cat video of her was also removed from youtube :mad:

vimeo.

Advertisement