Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So, are blink actually headlining?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Blink is great news :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So, are blink actually headlining?
    Not by the looks of it , id say they will be 2nd last on the Main

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is buying a ticket for someone else with my card and the ticketmaster website is a load . it is giving me options to pay deposit for ere there and every where but not telling me where to just pay for the stupid ticket and camping place.

anyone know how to navigate this ticketmaster website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

is buying a ticket for someone else with my card and the ticketmaster website is a load . it is giving me options to pay deposit for ere there and every where but not telling me where to just pay for the stupid ticket and camping place.

anyone know how to navigate this ticketmaster website?

What kind do you want?

Here's the link for 3 day camping ticket:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800458EC9356288?artistid=940673&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Advertisement

I have to get the one that is 220 euro and in the red camp site. the site says its a four day ticket.

I have to get the one that is 220 euro and in the red camp site. the site says its a four day ticket.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800458ED3286680?artistid=940673&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

There's the link to a 4 day camping ticket, sounds like what you're after. Don't worry about Red or Blue tickets, they only ask that for car parking spaces, when you get there you can go to whatever camp you like

your a gent. thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Not by the looks of it , id say they will be 2nd last on the Main

Either that or second stage headliner.

Either that or second stage headliner.

I don't think they'd do second stage headliner. If they're not main headliner they'll be playing main stage just before one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

I don't think they'd do second stage headliner. If they're not main headliner they'll be playing main stage just before one.

Fairly confident they are not main stage headliners as they wern't announced as a headline act. I think they will be second last act on the main stage but if someone like Gaga played main stage blink opposite her would keep most peple happy

I don't think they'd do second stage headliner.

Why not? Big names have headlined the second stage in the past and I'd personally way prefer to see them there than the Main Stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The second stage headliner is generally a bigger act than the main stage sub. I could see them play either spot really.

I could only see them doing a second stage headline if there was some pop or hip hop act on the main stage and based on the way things are going this year I don't see that happening. I think we could get another act like Pulp or Strokes and someone will do a co-headline job on it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Blink 182 - Meh. Not the biggest fan but will probably go see them anyway.
    Foo Fighters - Yay.
    Arctic Monkeys - Meh

The joy of festivals is that there's bound to be something on at the same time that takes my fancy.

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the following added.

Three Days Grace, Brand New, Senses Fail, The Bravery, Biffy Clyro, My Chemical Romance (a given I'd say), Maroon 5, Linkin Park, Interpol, Editors.

I could only see them doing a second stage headline if there was some pop or hip hop act on the main stage and based on the way things are going this year I don't see that happening. I think we could get another act like Pulp or Strokes and someone will do a co-headline job on it

I've taken Pulp as a given for this years festival... unfortunately. I'm sure a lot of people like them but I just don't remember their stuff, was too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghMcK

It says thursday 7 - Sunday 10, and you can buy a 3 Or 4 day camper.
    Is the four day camper just letting you stay over the night before it starts?
    Note, the last year's posters only had friday 9th to sunday 11th so it is possible we'll get like another half day of shows or something?

DarraghMcK wrote: »
    It says thursday 7 - Sunday 10, and you can buy a 3 Or 4 day camper.
    Is the four day camper just letting you stay over the night before it starts?
    Note, the last year's posters only had friday 9th to sunday 11th so it is possible we'll get like another half day of shows or something?

Camping opens on the 7th, acts start on the 8th. They havn't extended the festival. Its normal to open up the camping a day or two before the acts start.

well i know they've done in previous that but it struck me as odd having the extra date on the poster this time round

well i know they've done in previous that but it struck me as odd having the extra date on the poster this time round

$$$$

• Advertisement

$$$$

good point

Yeah, it's dumb, can't think of any other festival that explicitly includes the night of camping prior to the actual event as part of the main festivities.

EDIT: Saying that, who knows... they may be planning to add a fourth, shorter day of music exclusively for campers.

Yeah, it's dumb, can't think of any other festival that explicitly includes the night of camping prior to the actual event as part of the main festivities.

EDIT: Saying that, who knows... they may be planning to add a fourth, shorter day of music exclusively for campers.

With them moaning about how expensive it is to Oxegen nowadays and the fact it hasnt sold out in a few years I doubt they are looking to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kanye West might be another for next year's line up

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

wont headline but certainly could play.

NME, in their announcement of Blink today, suggested Lady Gaga and Pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    imma let you finish but kanye can fuck off!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Didn't they do that last year? I wasn't there but I remember hearing there'd be a few irish bands and DJ's playing the day before.

Yeah, some festivals have some pre-festival music but they never have the audacity to include it as one of the "days" of the actual event. Unless they open up the main grounds and have some legitimate acts playing then it should still be advertised as a three day event.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Kanye played would they have him headline Main? I think he would b suited to Vodafone Stage similar to BEP last year.

I think they should open the Main Arena or even just the Vodafone Stage and have a few djs playing (i no theyhave the Nokia Stage) at Pukkelpop they opened a small part of the arena and had the Bioler Room (there version of Dance Arena) and played music till about 3 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

In fairness, i know Kanye West is pretending to be all humble and all since the Taylor Swift incident but there is no way he would sub headline to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Im a bit of an oxegen n00b but im Debating wether to get an early bird ticket or not. Is it likely to sell out fast when the tickets come out after the full line up is announced? Probably be looking for a full weekend camping ticket in case it matters

Advertisement