Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

All the videos of it have been removed because of RTE, what have they got to do with it? And way to admit how appalling it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

That pic above is priceless. A picture paints a thousand words and all that ... Unfortunately her article seems to confuse the number of people looking her up on youtube etc. with popularity/influence. I know I just had to look at it to see if it was as bad as I'd read and suspect there was a lot of folk doing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Minstrel27 wrote: »

It's a pity that she didn't use a picture of the crowd that attended her show instead of the one on the page.

Deluded comes to mind.
    Haha she is pathetic, the picture of the crowd in that article must be from The Strokes or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    The men's toilets were far from spotless. :P You couldn't even flush them come Saturday, one had a foot long shít in it that many people went in to take pictures of. :pac: One also had a milk carton in it.. and the water was dark blue.. and the toilet seats were.. unsitable :P

The water is always dark blue in Portaloos!
    gsxr1 wrote: »
    Oxegen is for young teenage to early 20s people that go nuts for the weekend.

I'm in my mid-thirties - it was great!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Not sure if this was posted already but sky arts are showing highlights of oxegen 2011 on saturday at 10p.m.
    http://www.skyarts.co.uk/music/article/oxegen-2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Lads did anyone download the 2fm recordings of the concerts a couple of weeks back?

I remember listening to them, on the 2fm website, but never got around to downloading them, and theyre gone now!!!

Was looking for the coldplay set in particular - would appreciate it if someone could upload it here or email it on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just a heads up highlights of Oxegen are on Sky Arts channel 243 at 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Any online streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Any dance arena sets up for download yet? Usually 2fm have them up within a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Just a heads up highlights of Oxegen are on Sky Arts channel 243 at 10pm

No Beyonce ?? Very odd...

Two Door Cinema Club and Beady Eye were great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Tazzer wrote: »

Yeah I noticed that. My sister was staying up all night waiting to see if Beyonce would be shown.

Beady Eye weren't too bad now that I think about it. Even though Liam was a p**** and I would have loved a bit more crowd interaction along the lines of "Oxegen how f***ing are ya? The last time we were here was at the Olympia in April but you've been f***ing brilliant tonight".

The Foos were amazing, I'm glad they saved them until last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I think she's quite strict about what is shown, BBC nearly didn't get to show her Glasto gig.

Really i thought they sounded crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Really i thought they sounded crap

I found them really boring at Oxegen, they seemed to be onstage for aaaages, couldn't wait for them to finish!

I found them really boring at Oxegen, they seemed to be onstage for aaaages, couldn't wait for them to finish!

Yea i was at Imelda May instead (one of my highlights of the weekend) but my friends said when they were walking passed the Main Stage to me at the Vodafone Stage they said Beady Eye sounded rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

As someone who was actually there, they didn't sound crap at all.

As someone who was actually there, they didn't sound crap at all.

The sound was woeful.

I should've seen them at the Olympia and gone Imelda May instead.

karaokeman wrote: »
    The sound was woeful.

I should've seen them at the Olympia and gone Imelda May instead.

From the pit it was near perfect. Almost as good as the sound at the Olympia gig, which I also attended. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

From the pit it was near perfect. Almost as good as the sound at the Olympia gig, which I also attended. :cool:

They were so boring it was unbelievable. Usually sets at Oxegen go so fast that you wish you could start them again, with Beady Eye it seemed like they were on stage for 10 hours.

Corholio wrote: »
    They were so boring it was unbelievable. Usually sets at Oxegen go so fast that you wish you could start them again, with Beady Eye it seemed like they were on stage for 10 hours.

Agreed!! I was sitting on the grass near the main stage during their set and was bored witless, time seemed to draaaaag!

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »

Editors and Interpol (in particular) on Main Stage in '08 were boring. Beady Eye did what Gallagher brother bands always do; get up, perform. Leave the theatrics to the other bands. If you knew the album before you had seen them, you might have appreciated it more.

Editors and Interpol (in particular) on Main Stage in '08 were boring. Beady Eye did what Gallagher brother bands always do; get up, perform. Leave the theatrics to the other bands. If you knew the album before you had seen them, you might have appreciated it more.

I loved Beady Eye's debut album. I heard it long before seeing them on the main stage and I still listen to the songs on my iPod. But Liam was putting in no effort to create good live renditions of those songs. He literally just stood there and performed with the band. The only crowd interaction I remember hearing from Liam was "Any Millionaire's in here?" before they played Millionaire but that was it. Otherwise it was like Beady Eye were standing there for the whole time trying to get through the album song by song without entertaining the fans.

. If you knew the album before you had seen them, you might have appreciated it more.

Maybe. But there were a lot of bands that I hadn't heard recent stuff by (or that I'd never heard their stuff at all) and I found them a lot more entertaining than Beady Eye.

For example, I only knew two of The Strokes songs but I had so much fun at their set! Same goes for Brandon Flowers and Fun Lovin' Criminals. I didn't know their stuff but I still had fun, I didn't know Beady Eye's stuff and was bored. I guess it's just personal opinion though!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Ah didnt think my little comment would get yis all riled up :-)

but I have to agree with most comments - I love Beady Eye, so I am probably a bit biased.....

Was at the back myself and the atmosphere wasnt great, so moved up to the pit, and that was brilliant.

However moved back out (as I am only a little one), and found that the sound wasnt great at all....I know, no excuses, but it was a completely different sound.

Went to both gigs at the Olympia, and they were both great, much better than at Oxegen - The first one on Thursday rocked more though.

So was happy when they showed them playing on Sky Arts...

Hats off to Jeff Wooten and Chris Sharrock - they really played a blinder.

Any hoooos back to work !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why do you keep thinking people haven't done this or done that before they saw them? I had already listened to the album weeks before I saw them, looked forward to it and was very disappointed by it. Thought maybe the live versions of the songs would be better, but alas no.

I understand you mentioning Interpol, there not a 'theatrical' band either but much better than Beady Eye as a live act. Editors im not sure why you mentioned them, they were very energetic during that set, music opinion aside, they definitely weren't 'boring'.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Anybody got sky arts videos of Two Door or Weezer or Plan B? Or the Strokes?

Foo Fighters are ****ing crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

O'Doodle wrote: »

gtfo128542077504465000.jpg

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Anybody got sky arts videos of Two Door or Weezer or Plan B? Or the Strokes?

The irony of saying Foo Fighters are crap but then looking for coverage of 2dcc and Plan B :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Full highlights was uploaded by someone here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXkb1ITi1g
    Foo Fighters - The Pretender
    Coldplay - Fix You
    Beady Eye - Bring The Light
    My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na
    My Chemical Romance - Teengaers
    Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
    Two Door Cinema Club - Now I Can Talk
    Slash - Slither
    Slash - Paradise City
    Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
    Friendly Fires - Hawaiian Air
    Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
    The Script - The First Time
    The Script - Breakeven
    Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
    Coldplay - Politik
    Foo Fighters - Rope
    Foo Fighters - My Hero

Bit disappointing the whole festival only gets 90 mins coverage but ah well :pac:

Advertisement