Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Great thanks :) Any chance you know around how much difference in price it is? If its not much i might just leave it seeing as its so close to christmas and funds could be low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Mr.S wrote: »
    Didn't they do that last year? I wasn't there but I remember hearing there'd be a few irish bands and DJ's playing the day before.

Bit silly that they have the "pre-day" on the poster, i'd say a lot of people will be buying 4 day tickets now thinking its a proper day of music.

Saw an overweight Michael Jackson tribute on the Thursday, was pretty jarred...great gig :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

im considering going but not completely up for camping, ive heard some horror stories.
    and also not being big in the whole getting wasted thing doesnt appeal to me at all.
    so is there a chance of getting a b&b/hotel in naas or near the racecourse?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

Kanye will probably be on the main stage but i doubt he will be the last act of the night, probably just like Jay Z last year before Arcade Fire.

If your from Dublin then mby just get a bus every day? its 20e return which would be cheaper then a b&b/hotel :)

Of course!! the most obvious idea! thanks dude :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Camping isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Just don't go near the arcade or the music stage thats on the campsite.

There are B&B's/Hotels in naas but AFAIK they up the rate a lot and you'd want to book ASAP.

If your from Dublin then mby just get a bus every day? its 20e return which would be cheaper then a b&b/hotel :)
    i lived around the corner from there up until a fw weeks ago so i know the area and there is not a massive abundance of hotels and bnb's and most of them are in naas. fortunately there are shuttle busses going to and from naas every maybe half hour. unfortunately the bnb's and hotels are known for charging crazy rates over the oxegen weekend. i wouldn even try looking for any on the small rural roads beacuse you wont find one. your best bet is naas but be warned, it will cost you.

FatherLen wrote: »
    i your best bet is naas but be warned, it will cost you.

realistically, what are we talking?

i dont blame them for jacking it up to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    realistically, what are we talking?

i dont blame them for jacking it up to be honest.

If your thinking about paying for a B&B why not go for Green CAmping? I stayed there when working at Oxegen last year and was really quite , since everyone there is there to have a few drinks have the craic and go to bed. Its also a bit away from the Blue/Red site but you will hear the Nokia Stage.

If your thinking about paying for a B&B why not go for Green CAmping? I stayed there when working at Oxegen last year and was really quite , since everyone there is there to have a few drinks have the craic and go to bed. Its also a bit away from the Blue/Red site but you will hear the Nokia Stage.

are those the little huts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

are those the little huts?

Well there are huts , Tippees and all that kind of stuff

http://www.oxegen.ie/camping/luxury-camping/

We just stayed in an MCD camping area so we brought or own tents which had an area right beside the Green site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I know it was asked about a million times in last year's thread and I'm sorry that I'm being 'that guy', but here it goes. :pac:

Is a coloured photocopy of your passport okay for verifying your age or do you need a second form of identification to go with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Tenks wrote: »
    I know it was asked about a million times in last year's thread and I'm sorry that I'm being 'that guy', but here it goes. :pac:

Is a coloured photocopy of your passport okay for verifying your age or do you need a second form of identification to go with it?

A friend of mine got in last year with just a photocopy of his passport so you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

That_Guy wrote: »
    Blink 182 - Meh. Not the biggest fan but will probably go see them anyway.
    Foo Fighters - Yay.
    Arctic Monkeys - Meh

The joy of festivals is that there's bound to be something on at the same time that takes my fancy.

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the following added.

Three Days Grace, Brand New, Senses Fail, The Bravery, Biffy Clyro, My Chemical Romance (a given I'd say), Maroon 5, Linkin Park, Interpol, Editors.

Brand New and Senses Fail would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Tenks wrote: »

Most people don't get asked at all. As long as you have "something" to show them there will be no problem. If you get refused by one person you just join a different queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Foo Fighters = Whoop-Whoop-Whoop-i-di-Whoop :D:D:D:D:D
    Arctic Monkeys - Meh :confused:
    Blink = Yay :)

I'm still holding out for some kind of Them Crooked Vultures get together at some point during Foo's!!!!!!!

EDIT: Wait, where's all this talk of Kanye "Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time" West comin from??? :eek::(

Foo Fighters = Whoop-Whoop-Whoop-i-di-Whoop :D:D:D:D:D
    Arctic Monkeys - Meh :confused:
    Blink = Yay :)

I'm still holding out for some kind of Them Crooked Vultures get together at some point during Foo's!!!!!!!

If theyre not announced it probably wouldnt happen. As good as that would be though.
    It'd be like angels having a spot with blink.

If theyre not announced it probably wouldnt happen. As good as that would be though.
    It'd be like angels having a spot with blink.

True that!!!
    So you goin bringing Straight Edge to Oxegen? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im fcukin snappin blink are playin oxygen !!!!!!!!!!! fcuk sake!!!!!!!

True that!!!
    So you goin bringing Straight Edge to Oxegen? ;)

That would be like trying to get cows to stop grazing by detonating mines when they go for a bite.
    It will still kill them no matter how hard you try!
    m fcukin snappin blink are playin oxygen !!!!!!!!!!! fcuk sake!!!!!!!

I'd say you are :(

:( i know yea i knew his would happen , i dont want to go cause of the idiot i know that will be there , most idiots just see it as a weekend to get pissed etc n not even like half of the acts :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: this is just pissin me off now

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    :( i know yea i knew his would happen , i dont want to go cause of the idiot i know that will be there , most idiots just see it as a weekend to get pissed etc n not even like half of the acts :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: this is just pissin me off now

The way im looking at it is this:

Strangely enough, 6 years ago today (the 16th) blink played what was, unknowingly to everyone, their last show before they reunited. We had that pleasure.

about 5 years passed and all the hoping and wanting brought them back together, in whatever way you wanna think about it. Fate, random occurrence, whatever.
    I would have loved to think that one day, they would come back and rock the place again.
    If it means getting a single day ticket and purposefully going to see blink then thats exactly what i intend on doing. (if all other plans fizzle out)
    I will however, be dam sure to get on a boat and go over to one of their own shows in the UK. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭BCC4LYFE

if i cant find a group to go oxegen with(although i obviously will) then ill just sneak in 4 blink i reckon

The way im looking at it is this:

Strangely enough, 6 years ago today (the 16th) blink played what was, unknowingly to everyone, their last show before they reunited. We had that pleasure.

about 5 years passed and all the hoping and wanting brought them back together, in whatever way you wanna think about it. Fate, random occurrence, whatever.
    I would have loved to think that one day, they would come back and rock the place again.
    If it means getting a single day ticket and purposefully going to see blink then thats exactly what i intend on doing. (if all other plans fizzle out)
    I will however, be dam sure to get on a boat and go over to one of their own shows in the UK. ;)

thats the thing i fcukin glad to see them on their own there in august !!!!!! but if they returned to ireland for the first time since their break up and they were playin oxygen i would have defo went but now i just cant be arsed because now im thinking about all the idiots that will be there,not mainly people that like blink um talkin about all around in general, and i don think i would enjoy them at oxygen tbh if its guna be as bad as it was last year with the ****ty weather i think i would just end up hating it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

A V A wrote: »
    thats the thing i fcukin glad to see them on their own there in august !!!!!! but if they returned to ireland for the first time since their break up and they were playin oxygen i would have defo went but now i just cant be arsed because now im thinking about all the idiots that will be there,not mainly people that like blink um talkin about all around in general, and i don think i would enjoy them at oxygen tbh if its guna be as bad as it was last year with the ****ty weather i think i would just end up hating it

Why don't you just go for the music and forget about the rest of that stupid crap.

Thats what I did last year. I just went to the bands I wanted to, on my own, left my friends behind at the tents or whatever band they were at, and just enjoyed myself. I barely drank, ignored the idiot and had an amazing weekend.

I am sick of people whinging about the other people who will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭BCC4LYFE

zomg oxegen was the best weekend of my life i had so much fun and it is so fun at tents u get locked nd it is fun when u do that and u r missing out on big part of oxegen if u dont

BCC4LYFE wrote: »
    zomg oxegen was the best weekend of my life i had so much fun and it is so fun at tents u get locked nd it is fun when u do that and u r missing out on big part of oxegen if u dont

Your missing out on a few letters there ;):p

Why don't you just go for the music and forget about the rest of that stupid crap.

Thats what I did last year. I just went to the bands I wanted to, on my own, left my friends behind at the tents or whatever band they were at, and just enjoyed myself. I barely drank, ignored the idiot and had an amazing weekend.

I am sick of people whinging about the other people who will be there

Here here!!!!!!!!

And besides, if the majority of the acts are gonna be within the same genre of Foos/blink/monkeys then i can guarantee you that the crowd will be nothing like last year. Take '05 & '08 for example - the main acts were the likes of Green Day, Foos (again), QOTSA, REM, RATM, etc. and the crowds there were amazing. When you get bands like this, i'd say about 80-90% of people are there for the music, have the craic, have a few beers without causing any stress!
    Last year had Emienem/JayZ, Dizzee Rascal, etc., which drew a hip-hop crowd with a lot of scummers there to cause trouble. (and i'm not sayin if you like hip hop youre automatically a scummer). And yes, every year has its odd groups who like to mess with people, but just get over it.

As for the weather - go prepared. I had me wet gear the last 2 years and i didnt let the rain get to me......just done what i intended, which was relax and ENJOY !!!!

Off Topic but I couldn't leave without saying:
    700 POSTS :D YAAAAAAAY ME!!

Night All!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Was there for '07 and '08.

Planning on going to this next one with the college mates as God knows when I will see them after it!

Haven't a clue who is playing at it but think we will go no matter what just as a mini adventure for us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I take it there isn't another nice announcement coming our way tomorrow?

Advertisement