Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It would've been announced that there would be one tomorrow morning.

Those 3 acts were just to have some headlining acts before the Early Birds came on sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

headquarters_rectangular_tent.jpeg.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw4FMq5SDPcpxlOvTLOGb_9oxDENX1pno7KmyjmUJzcXwlhewkzQ
    free-gas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Beady Eye confirmed for Isle of Wight, you'd imagine they'd be a good shout for Oxegen, can't really think of where/when they'd play though

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Paolo Nutini announced

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also to thoes saying the crowd will be ****e for Blink etc. Please name me a gig where there where wasn't any dicks?

Even at Blinks last gig in the o2 there where a lot of knobs.

It's always going to happen, nothing you can do about it. Just deal with it an ignore the annoying ones in the crowd and have fun. If you stand there going "oh wow look at these people, they only the hits and don't know a song from 15 years ago, I'm going to sulk now" then obviously your not going to enjoy it;)

It's a festival, people get drunk and a bit roudy. All part of the experience IMO.
    The fun about the knobs at a blink 182 concert it theyre usually irritating emo kids who bounce off you when they try their "moshing".
    .........I suddenly have an urge to see them in a Slayer mosh :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there any band that doesn't have annoying fans? To read the Oxegen forum you would think not :p

Bloody Paolo Nutini again...he attracted some right d1ckheads last year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Very true.

They nearly ruined it for me.
    And i dont mean in a "they dont know the words to dumpweed! how did theyyyy get in?!" way.
    In a "Stop randomly walking into me because your drunk and about to keel over."
    I could have moved but i was in a position i waited too long to be in at that stage.

How does pits work at oxegen?
    Ive asked a few friends and everyone has a different idea. Someone here must be able to clarify my confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Paolo again?!?! And he'll probably sub this year

CMpunked wrote: »
    Very true.

And i dont mean in a "they dont know the words to dumpweed! how did theyyyy get in?!" way.
    I could have moved but i was in a position i waited too long to be in at that stage.

Ive asked a few friends and everyone has a different idea. Someone here must be able to clarify my confusion.

Basically there is a pit at the main and second stage, but essentially its just a barrier in the middle of the arena to stop crushing, if you wanna get in the pit at any time of the day its easy enough to get into, there's no wristbands or anything, juts walk around the side and you're in

Very true.

There are no passes you just walk into it.

• Advertisement

The only pit is at the main stage (cant remember 1 at the second stage but I havnt been in a couple years) and its really just a case of queuing at the right time. Depending on the time & acts you can wander right in pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There are no passes you just walk into it.
    Basically there is a pit at the main and second stage, but essentially its just a barrier in the middle of the arena to stop crushing, if you wanna get in the pit at any time of the day its easy enough to get into, there's no wristbands or anything, juts walk around the side and you're in

So whats the point?

Is outside of the pit just for more casual standing around and not getting heaved up against the barrier that you waited for hours to get to?

So whats the point?

Is outside of the pit just for more casual standing around and not getting heaved up against the barrier that you waited for hours to get to?

Think its just to avoid crushing as I said. They even had the pit divided in half this year which was kinda stupid.

So whats the point?

Well obviously theres security keeping a limit on the amount in there but theres no specific passes, if you leave youre not guaranteed to get back in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Is there toilets available to you if you're in the pit or do you need to leave it to use the toilet and queue again for the pit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Paulo Nuttini confirmed.

--

Also to thoes saying the crowd will be ****e for Blink etc. Please name me a gig where there where wasn't any dicks?

It's always going to happen, nothing you can do about it. Just deal with it an ignore the annoying ones in the crowd and have fun. If you stand there going "oh wow look at these people, they only the hits and don't know a song from 15 years ago, I'm going to sulk now" then obviously your not going to enjoy it;)

It's a festival, people get drunk and a bit roudy. All part of the experience IMO.

ehhhh oxygen is full of d*cksheads anyway !!!!!! the whole knickin of the beer and the rippin of the tents etc !!!! it will fcukin wreck it for me !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So whats the point?

Because theres 8-10 bands it's just a fairer way of distributing pit places. Let's say for example paolo is on before foo fighters, In the old system you had to queue and it was a one in one out system. this meant either staying at the main stage all day or queueing from about 3 acts before foos. This meant that people who wanted to be in the pit for paolo couldn't because the pit would be full of foos fans. The new system wasn't abused as much, the die-hards will still hug the barriers all day without food or bathroom breaks (god love them the crazy bastards) But there is a huge turnover so the people who want to se paolo can, then they leave and we wander in for foos etc.

We only used the pit once last year but their did seem to be a much better flow to it, the only thing i would say is that their was a bit of hassle getting out of it (Bizarrely enough because of arcade fire fans pushing in!)

And no there are no toilets but unless you're right at the front you should be able to get your spot back.

A V A wrote: »
    ehhhh oxygen is full of d*cksheads anyway !!!!!! the whole knickin of the beer and the rippin of the tents etc !!!! it will fcukin wreck it for me !!!!
    You've obviously never been. TBH I found more twats at blink-182 in the O2 then I did over 2 years at Oxegen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The also other reason for splitting the pit up was because of health and safety , it means less people are gettin squashed up against one barrier (eg the front one) so nows its split up.

Yea i could see Paolo either getting the same spot as last year or 1 up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

iv been to oxygen twice!! and it was a luagh yea but there was some amount of twats and trouble at it !!! i know at a festival that things like that was going to happen but didnt have that bother at electric picnic,t in the park!!!!

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote: »
    Is there toilets available to you if you're in the pit or do you need to leave it to use the toilet and queue again for the pit?

Toilets in the pit?:p you don't have to queue for the pit. The sides are wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Last year was my first year at oxegen and for most of the acts i stood at the back of the pit. It was very close to the stage and there was a significant amount of space around me. I was thinking the reason for this was because most people must have thought you needed a special pass to get in but you didin't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Paulo Nutiti is the new Kings of Leon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

KoL were once good, sold out and now make pop rock rubbish

Paolo was never good ;)

Don't say that, MCD might read it and stick him as a headliner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭BCC4LYFE

PAULO is awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Oxegen 2007 has been and gone, I'm afraid.

Well, yeah 2007 and 2009 were the best dance years for oxegen yet so im hoping thats a trend and '11 will be another good year for the dance arena as last year was pretty dire apart from a few good acts. Really hope afrojack is given a headline slot and some dubstep acts play anyway (Magnetic Man, Doctor P etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Does the colour of the campsite on your ticket matter? Because from reading from a few oxegen sources, it seems it doesn't matter, you can camp where you want, but talking to a few people they said it does matter?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does the colour of the campsite on your ticket matter? Because from reading from a few oxegen sources, it seems it doesn't matter, you can camp where you want, but talking to a few people they said it does matter?

Nope , its only if your driving down eg If you have a red ticket you will have to park in the red car park. If your not camping it doesnt matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any chance of QOTSA being listed as an act for Oxegen?

Advertisement