Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Any chance of QOTSA being listed as an act for Oxegen?

with Foo Fighters playing at it, i'd say it's very likely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Blink will be playing the Sunday at Oxegen, they have that up in their tour page on their website, be a nice way to close the festival if they are headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I wouldn't say Blink are headlining. Maybe sub-headlining or 2nd stage.

I think they will. I know most people here seem to reckon they won't be but I just have a feeling that Dammit will be the last song of Oxegen 2011 :)

God that would be awesome. But rumours are Chillis or Coldplay could close the the festival. When is the next announcement does anyone know?

• Advertisement

God that would be awesome. But rumours are Chillis or Coldplay could close the the festival. When is the next announcement does anyone know?

Could you imagine Coldplay following blink. Even if they were announced MCD would be a lot smarter to put blink on after, some festivals do that, the main headliner doesn't necessarily go last, they get a really high tempo act on last. I quite like Coldplay but if I saw blink first it just wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think they will. I know most people here seem to reckon they won't be but I just have a feeling that Dammit will be the last song of Oxegen 2011 :)

Followed by blow/blewjob ;):P

CMpunked wrote: »
    Followed by blow/blewjob ;):P

They go with Family Reunion these days...either way its all good

I know but Mcd does tend to do stuff like that. Personally I wouldnt mind RHCP

But closing Oxegen with Dammit and Family Reunion would be friggen awesome!!

I know but Mcd does tend to do stuff like that. Personally I wouldnt mind RHCP

But closing Oxegen with Dammit and Family Reunion would be friggen awesome!!

Can you imagine!? It would be perfection!

• Advertisement

Blink 182 won't close Oxegen,,jesus.

Killers, Eminem, Blink 182
    lol no...they are in the minor leagues..probably second stage like The Prodigy/Keane/NIN

DJKendo wrote: »
    Blink 182 won't close Oxegen,,jesus.

Killers, Eminem, Blink 182
    lol no...they are in the minor leagues..probably second stage like The Prodigy/Keane/NIN

I'm sorry but did you just compare The Killers and blink 182 to Keane!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Would love the RHCP to play at Oxegen. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Would love the RHCP to play at Oxegen. :D

Ugh,

When they played Oxegen in 06' they were absolutely woeful!

Eminem was not a great closer last year I thought. Muse would have been the best closer but thats my opinion

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't think they are headlining, not because they aren't big enough (they may not be as big as past acts, but they could pull it off easily) but its just the way Oxegen have worded it.

They specifically list Foo Fighters & Arctic Monkeys as headliners, but with blink it was just "and also playing the weekend"

If you get me. Time will tell I guess:)

A lot of other sources have called them headliners though, the Evening Herald the other day said they were headliners. I dunno, I get what you're saying but I think MCD could have them as headliners and sell pretty much the same amount of tickets so why would they bother getting someone bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

A lot of other sources have called them headliners though, the Evening Herald the other day said they were headliners. I dunno, I get what you're saying but I think MCD could have them as headliners and sell pretty much the same amount of tickets so why would they bother getting someone bigger

What are you basing this on? Blink 182 sold out there gig in the 02 slowly over a period of months.

Then take say, Black eyed peas who headlined the second stage this year. They sold out 2 nights in minutes.

Bands like Foo Fighters, Muse and Artic Monkeys are capable of filling places like Marley park, Blink 182 were not last summer, and won't be this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

Blink are NOT headlining. MCD would have said they are, ther are added to the bill the same way paulo nutini was yet you see nobody suggesting nutini is a headliner. You want blink to headline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Aww annoyed that there was no announcement today. We probably won't get anymore bands until March now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

Aww annoyed that there was no announcement today. We probably won't get anymore bands until March now :(

I got up this morning and hoped for a little announcement.....disappointed to see nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 acer_2010

Cher Llyod instead of Eminem!

What are you basing this on? Blink 182 sold out there gig in the 02 slowly over a period of months.

Then take say, Black eyed peas who headlined the second stage this year. They sold out 2 nights in minutes.

Bands like Foo Fighters, Muse and Artic Monkeys are capable of filling places like Marley park, Blink 182 were not last summer, and won't be this summer.

I'm basing it on the fact that Oxegen will sell a general amount of tickets regardless of who plays. At this stage they have the rock fans in, the pop and dance fans will get other acts peppered throughout the festival. Why would MCD go out now and pay big money to get Chili's if their core following is probably already gonna go to oxegen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

blink would have pulled a crowd to play marley park!!!!!! more people would enjoy an outside gig and seeing them outside aswell, i know plenty of people who idnt go to the o2 gig because they just didnt want to sit!!! some people rather stand because sometimes thats were the crack is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,346 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A V A wrote: »
    blink would have pulled a crowd to play marley park!!!!!! more people would enjoy an outside gig and seeing them outside aswell, i know plenty of people who idnt go to the o2 gig because they just didnt want to sit!!! some people rather stand because sometimes thats were the crack is

I also know many people didn't go cos the price was too high, wouldn't want to imagine it for Marlay Park. Do think Blink will be a headliner though.

I'm sorry but did you just compare The Killers and blink 182 to Keane!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

nope..but they also aren't in Killers/Blur leagues....2nd stage for Blink182 imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

nope..but they also aren't in Killers/Blur leagues....2nd stage for Blink182 imo

hahaha are you sure???????to me, blink are way ahead of thoose two bands , and theres plenty of people who think the same :):D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will he play ? Only recently got to listen to him and really like it

A V A wrote: »
    hahaha are you sure???????to me, blink are way ahead of thoose two bands , and theres plenty of people who think the same :):D:D:D

nahhhhhhrrrr mate

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

nahhhhhhrrrr mate

Since you have DJ in your name I'm going to completely void your claim, how can you even compare Keane/Blur to Blink 182. They have been one of the most inspirational bands of the last 20 years. Nearly every Punk / Pop Punk band will tell you they were inspired by Blink 182. One of the most influential bands of the last 20 years.

• Advertisement

I think it should be pointed out as well that blink and Arctic Monkeys would have quite similar levels of popularity. Monkeys took a while to sell out the O2 for the exact same reason AvA has said, the type of people who go to these gigs want to stand. I knew a good few people myself who would have gone if there was standing tix available.

Advertisement