Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

neilk32 wrote: »
    Since you have DJ in your name I'm going to completely void your claim, how can you even compare Keane/Blur to Blink 182. They have been one of the most inspirational bands of the last 20 years. Nearly every Punk / Pop Punk band will tell you they were inspired by Blink 182. One of the most influential bands of the last 20 years.
    I reckon most of Oxegen's target audience would struggle to name more than a song or two by Blink though. I know I do! Not headline material imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

cara_ wrote: »
    I reckon most of Oxegen's target audience would struggle to name more than a song or two by Blink though. I know I do! Not headline material imo.

I know its been said on this thread already about 10 times, but Oxegen does advertise itself as "Europe's best rock weekend" or something to that extent. Going on that, its target audience should be rock fans, the majority of whom would know a fair few blink tunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I know its been said on this thread already about 10 times, but Oxegen does advertise itself as "Europe's best rock weekend" or something to that extent. Going on that, its target audience should be rock fans, the majority of whom would know a fair few blink tunes

Man, FFS, get over it. Blink aren't a headline act. The Arctic Monkeys are. The Arctic Monkeys are bigger than Blink as well.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Man, FFS, get over it. Blink aren't a headline act. The Arctic Monkeys are. The Arctic Monkeys are bigger than Blink as well.

We'll see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

cara_ wrote: »

thats just to be honest !!!! and there are plenty of air heads that go to oxygen just to get locked or follow the crowd and be "cool" , they dont even know most of the bands that are oxygen they just know some "choons" from listening to spin or fm 104 !!!!!! blink is a defo headlining act much bigger than that fcuking dope nutini twat !!:P its in the name 'Europe's best rock weekend" blink fit into that category not the black eyed pea's or eminem :rolleyes:

yea cool you dont know much of blink's stuff but there are plenty of people that do!! thats just like me saying i struggle to name a nutini song and same with other people aswell but does not make him legible to headline a festival because there are plenty of other people that can name his songs etc , you get my point??

theres crowds and people that will say ,blink ,who are they ?? there not big enough, oh yea they have that song "all the small things " , the people that are saying that at oxygen about blink are the people who go because they know a few "choons" that are played off spin and fm 104 etc and going to get locked or have the crack,and dont care about the music and the bands that much, i know plenty of people around my area who do this!!!! because i often say aww check this band out or this guy/girl and they like no or who are they !!!!! fcukin wrecks my head

blink can headline oxygen , just because they aren't main stream bullsh*T doesnt mean they wont pull a crowd!!!

• Advertisement

DJKendo wrote: »
    nahhhhhhrrrr mate

haha to me your input doesn't count , you have dj in front of your name and you said " nahhhhhhhrrrr mate" as a reply , just goes to show the intelligence of the people who claim they know the music world that go to oxygen!!! comparing keane/blur to blink :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A V A wrote: »
    thats just to be honest !!!! and there are plenty of air heads that go to oxygen just to get locked or follow the crowd and be "cool" , they dont even know most of the bands that are oxygen they just know some "choons" from listening to spin or fm 104 !!!!!! blink is a defo headlining act much bigger than that fcuking dope nutini twat !!:P its in the name 'Europe's best rock weekend" blink fit into that category not the black eyed pea's or eminem :rolleyes:

yea cool you dont know much of blink's stuff but there are plenty of people that do!! thats just like me saying i struggle to name a nutini song and same with other people aswell but does not make him legible to headline a festival because there are plenty of other people that can name his songs etc , you get my point??

theres crowds and people that will say ,blink ,who are they ?? there not big enough, oh yea they have that song "all the small things " , the people that are saying that at oxygen about blink are the people who go because they know a few "choons" that are played off spin and fm 104 etc and going to get locked or have the crack,and dont care about the music and the bands that much, i know plenty of people around my area who do this!!!! because i often say aww check this band out or this guy/girl and they like no or who are they !!!!! fcukin wrecks my head

blink can headline oxygen , just because they aren't main stream bullsh*T doesnt mean they wont pull a crowd!!!

But they aren't headlining. They aren't. Seriously, get over it..

But they aren't headlining. They aren't. Seriously, get over it..

yea sure :) you to

yea sure :) you to

Right. Oxegen website. This is what it says.
    Hot on the heels of announcing Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys as the first headliners for OXEGEN 11, we are pleased to confirm that blink-182 will also be at your Punchestown party in July.

They also say:
    Already, OXEGEN 11 is shaping up to be an unforgettable year with our first headliners, Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys, confirmed earlier this week.

Neither times there are Blink said to be a headlining act. They are just said to be joining the first two HEADLINERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

haha to me your input doesn't count , you have dj in front of your name and you said " nahhhhhhhrrrr mate" as a reply , just goes to show the intelligence of the people who claim they know the music world that go to oxygen!!! comparing keane/blur to blink :rolleyes::rolleyes:

it's the Initials of my first & middle name :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it can market itself any way it wants, it's not a rock festival.

Black Eyed Peas, Jay-Z, Eminem and David Guetta were some of the biggest crowds last year.

Arcade Fire, not quite rock, but close enough, got a pathetic crowd for their headlining slot.

it's a music festival. there's some rock, there's some pop, there's some dance. saying it's a "rock" festival is just a marketing tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Originally Posted by A V A
    haha to me your input doesn't count , you have dj in front of your name and you said " nahhhhhhhrrrr mate" as a reply , just goes to show the intelligence of the people who claim they know the music world that go to oxygen!!! comparing keane/blur to blink
    it's the Initials of my first & middle name :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jump_to_conclusions.jpg

Anyway blink are not headline material. People can make all the excuses they want about seats or whatever, But if they were that big then people wouldn't make excuses As to why they didn't go see them. So if on there first irish gig in 5 years after breaking up and their drummer almost dieing they couldn't sell out the o2 What other than pure blind fanboyism makes people think that they could draw 50,000 people to a mainstage spot? Just before foo fighters to warm the crowd up for real headliners is where they belong.

oh how convenient :eek:;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hold on are people forgetting reading and leads ffs???so they arent headliner material no :rolleyes: look at the headlining slots they got a thegood festival!!! over the summer huh??regardless of it being their come back tour they would still drag a huge crowd!!

hynesie08 wrote: »

Anyway blink are not headline material. People can make all the excuses they want about seats or whatever, But if they were that big then people wouldn't make excuses As to why they didn't go see them. So if on there first irish gig in 5 years after breaking up and their drummer almost dieing they couldn't sell out the o2 What other than pure blind fanboyism makes people think that they could draw 50,000 people to a mainstage spot? Just before foo fighters to warm the crowd up for real headliners is where they belong.

just because barker nearly died doesnt mean there guna draw more numbers at a concert :rolleyes: and it was nearly 3 years ago now. tbh that 02 was full of saps at that concert , iv read on facebook and other places that loads of people refused to go because of the fcukin dopes that got tickes and the fact that they couldnt get standing tickets in the first place !!!!!!!!! and i can tell you for a blink concert you do not want to sit ,no blink fan wants to sit , they're a pop punk band so standing is where te crack is !!!!! im not the only one on here that knows of people who didnt go because they couldnt get standing , and im sure im not the only one in dublin let alone ireland !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

just because barker nearly died doesnt mean there guna draw more numbers at a concert :rolleyes: and it was nearly 3 years ago now.

Really, If one of the members of my favorite bands nearly died and they announced a tour i would move heaven and earth to see them
    tbh that 02 was full of saps at that concert , iv read on facebook and other places that loads of people refused to go because of the fcukin dopes that got tickes and the fact that they couldnt get standing tickets in the first place !!!!!!!!!

How would you know what kind of people got tickets until you were actually at the concert?
    and i can tell you for a blink concert you do not want to sit ,no blink fan wants to sit , they're a pop punk band so standing is where te crack is !!!!! im not the only one on here that knows of people who didnt go because they couldnt get standing , and im sure im not the only one in dublin let alone ireland !!!!!!

I know, I saw them back when they were actually relevant. My point still stands, If people really wanted to see this band they wouldn't have cared whether they were standing sitting or balancing on their head. So if a crowd is so apathetic towards them that they won't go because of not having standing tickets or the perceived level of "dopes" that were there, Do you honestly believe that those same people would spend 3 days camping in a probable mudbath to see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

blink might not headline Oxegen, but they'll always headline my heart.

hold on are people forgetting reading and leads ffs???so they arent headliner material no :rolleyes: look at the headlining slots they got a thegood festival!!! over the summer huh??regardless of it being their come back tour they would still drag a huge crowd!!

They aren't headlining Oxegen. Don't care about anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Lets get over the fact that Blink arent headlining and start celebrating the fact that the greatest band in the world, Foo Fighters, are!!:D

Excitement status about seein the Foos live................Off the Rictor!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Surely if Blink were headlining it would have been said when it was announced they're playing?:confused:

• Advertisement

Tenks wrote: »
    blink might not headline Oxegen, but they'll always headline my heart.

I think this is a sentiment many of us can agree with :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Lets get over the fact that Blink arent headlining and start celebrating the fact that the greatest band in the world, Foo Fighters, are!!:D

Excitement status about seein the Foos live................Off the Rictor!!:D

Have to agree the greatist band is playing Foo Fighters. Anyways i no blink are not headlining but they could easily pull it off and surely if someone like AM can headline so can Blink. Also Blink are bigger on a world wide scale while AM are not as much. Anyways i dont care anymore cause i shall be nowhere near the Main Stage when the Monkeys are on because their unbelievably POO :D

Greatest band in the world is not Foo Fighters

its Green Day

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Greatest band in the world is not Foo Fighters

its Green Day

Kettle316 wrote: »

Lol, there's not many more respectful ways to take me down then with a scrubs quote

Nothing to do with oxegen, but....hilarious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3m4N9iOQI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Oxegen and Reading/Leeds are different beasts though.. Reading/Leeds has more of a rockier focus than Oxegen. I wouldn't expect to see artists like Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas at Reading/Leeds.

Blink-182 are a big draw but since they do not have the wide appeal as the acts that tend to play Oxegen nor are they as seminal as bands like Rage Against the Machine (who headlined in 2008) I would expect them to either headline the second stage or sub on the Main Stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

who's blink 182 is that the lad that done a cover of jedward's song 'all the small things'. he didn't do it justice imo :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

exactly what criteria are you using there?? have artic monkeys sold over 36 million records?? have artic monkeys had any us number 1 albums?? have artic monkeys had any albums go 5 times platinum in the us
    hynesie08 wrote: »

Anyway blink are not headline material

well if arcade fire can headline then blink can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Oxegen and Reading/Leeds are different beasts though.. Reading/Leeds has more of a rockier focus than Oxegen. I wouldn't expect to see artists like Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas at Reading/Leeds.

black eyed peas played reading/leeds in 2000

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    exactly what criteria are you using there?? have artic monkeys sold over 36 million records?? have artic monkeys had any us number 1 albums?? have artic monkeys had any albums go 5 times platinum in the us

well if arcade fire can headline then blink can

just read that hahah true that !!!!!

artic monkeys have nothing on blink hahaha but all the runts that go to oxygen wont think so because artic monkeys have some "decent choons":rolleyes: fcukin idiots

Advertisement