Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

rossie1977 wrote: »
    black eyed peas played reading/leeds in 2000

Think the organisers have been a little more discerning with the acts they've chosen to book since then...

A V A wrote: »
    artic monkeys have nothing on blink hahaha but all the runts that go to oxygen wont think so because artic monkeys have some "decent choons":rolleyes: fcukin idiots

Tone down the abuse please.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I know its been said on this thread already about 10 times, but Oxegen does advertise itself as "Europe's best rock weekend" or something to that extent. Going on that, its target audience should be rock fans, the majority of whom would know a fair few blink tunes
    Oxegen is marketed as a rock n roll festival. It's not. And it's another reason to not believe advertising. They tell you lies.
    thats just to be honest !!!! and there are plenty of air heads that go to oxygen just to get locked or follow the crowd and be "cool" , t]

Cool crowd go to oxegen? If you think cool equates to drunk 17-19year olds then you got it right.
    haha to me your input doesn't count , you have dj in front of your name and you said " nahhhhhhhrrrr mate" as a reply , just goes to show the intelligence of the people who claim they know the music world that go to oxygen!!! comparing keane/blur to blink :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never assume things it makes an ass out of you.
    exactly what criteria are you using there?? have artic monkeys sold over 36 million records?? have artic monkeys had any us number 1 albums?? have artic monkeys had any albums go 5 times platinum in the us

well if arcade fire can headline then blink can

Arcade Fire haven't been living off a career made over a deacde ago though either so, maybe when they've hung around for as long as blink and had some dramatics/theatrics then maybe they'll cash in once more and do some festivals.

Serious smell of fanboi off this thread.

black eyed peas played reading/leeds in 2000

I'm nearly sure the festival organisers have changed hands at least once since this started. That also brought about a shift in the musical direction of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure the festival organisers have changed hands at least once since this started. That also brought about a shift in the musical direction of the festival.

Also 2000 was before fergie joined and they were a rap/hip hop/ dj 3 piece And they were pretty fricking awesome at it. (the music not the festival)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

well if arcade fire can headline then blink can
    Thats not true, since AF have had no. 1 album hits all the time in every country. AF have a far bigger following than Blink, just the AF fans are far more relaxed at proclaiming they are NO.1 fans and what not unlike Blink Fans.

Arcade Fire have a far better stage presence anyway than Blink, even without the whole upside down drum solo, which wasn't even all that great anyway...

Face it, Blink will either be Headlining the Second Stage, or sub-headlining the main stage.
    I have a feeling if they headline the Second Stage, Mcr will be subheadlining with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

exactly what criteria are you using there?? have artic monkeys sold over 36 million records?? have artic monkeys had any us number 1 albums?? have artic monkeys had any albums go 5 times platinum in the us
    What a load of ****e!!

By that logic, then Justin Bieber or Britney Spears could headline oxegen and that be better than a band who could be much better but sold less records than them...

Look, Blink 182 are NOT going to headline the main stage, probably the second stage, get it into your head! Arcitc Monkeys on the other had might :)

I know who I would prefer anyway, and their not a 3 piece!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Never assume things it makes an ass out of you.

Serious smell of fanboi off this thread.

less of the abuse towards me please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Thats not true, since AF have had no. 1 album hits all the time in every country. AF have a far bigger following than Blink, just the AF fans are far more relaxed at proclaiming they are NO.1 fans and what not unlike Blink Fans.

Arcade Fire have a far better stage presence anyway than Blink, even without the whole upside down drum solo, which wasn't even all that great anyway...

Face it, Blink will either be Headlining the Second Stage, or sub-headlining the main stage.
    I have a feeling if they headline the Second Stage, Mcr will be subheadlining with them.

Arcade Fire have about a billion on stage so obviously they may appear to have more of a stage presence. I saw AF at Oxegen and the O2 this year as well as blink at the O2 and I know who is WAY better live.
    I don't think blink will actually headline the festival but I think its total bullsh1t anyone who says they aren't capable or big enough of headlining, because they absolutely are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Arcade Fire have about a billion on stage so obviously they may appear to have more of a stage presence. I saw AF at Oxegen and the O2 this year as well as blink at the O2 and I know who is WAY better live.
    I don't think blink will actually headline the festival but I think its total bullsh1t anyone who says they aren't capable or big enough of headlining, because they absolutely are

I'm not in anyway a blink fan but +1

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

got my 4 day camping ticket :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

For those of you going on about Blink 182 headlining the last day. Just remember that they closed out The Reading & Leeds Festival last year so they are more than capable of drawing a crowd to the main stage to end Oxegen on a high and they are also Headlining T in the park next year along side the foo fighters.

less of the abuse towards me please :rolleyes:

Be grateful i'm in a generous mood or your usual crap would have gotten you a long ban. Do not reply to this on thread. I'll say it again just in case - Do not reply to this on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

hold on are people forgetting reading and leads ffs???so they arent headliner material no :rolleyes: look at the headlining slots they got a thegood festival!!! over the summer huh??regardless of it being their come back tour they would still drag a huge crowd!!

No, no, no. The comparisons between reading and leeds and oxegen are incorrect. Bands play Oxegen a lot cheaper, as only 5 million people live here. If your booking a band as an english or uk festival exclusive it is much, much more expensive.

Right, let's try this again. No more petty bickering over spelling mistakes or other general off topic posts. Also go easy on the Blink are the best/turdiest band ever. It's getting tiresome. Thanks.

Reckon Oxegen will still be in Punchestown this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Right, let's try this again. No more petty bickering over spelling mistakes or other general off topic posts. Also go easy on the Blink are the best/turdiest band ever. It's getting tiresome. Thanks.

Where's the full stop at the end of your sentance? **** :mad:

Can we please stick to the point of Oxegen discussion?

Also how much was the green campsite at the cheapest for 2 people?

Where's the full stop at the end of your sentance? **** :mad:

Fixed it just for you, but seen as we're being so pedantic. What's a sentance?

You know what it's ok i figured it out, so just post about Oxegen from here on.

Cos my tolerant mood has now dissipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

That's all well and good but at the end of the day we're not in the US. Blink have had VERY little chart success in Ireland, whereas Arctic Monkeys have had 3 number 1 albums in recent years. There's no comparison.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently these guys confirmed themselves tonight in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

Reckon Oxegen will still be in Punchestown this year?
    Yep it's in Punchestown.

Yup 100% in Punchestown. There is no way they would announce the festival without a location.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Says puncherstown on my ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Yeah was at the you me at six gig tonight and they 99% confirmed themselves to be at oxygen. Looking like a great lineup so far

Yup 100% in Punchestown. There is no way they would announce the festival without a location.

There was just rumours of it being in Fairyhouse again as they've a better drainage system haha, I guess we'll have to do Florence's reverse rain dance a lot :P

Whens the next announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

In response to all the arguing over Blink, I'm just happy Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters are going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Better than rap, dance or pop acts in my opinion

Better than rap, dance or pop acts in my opinion

Agreed from what ive seen from the Reading Coverage they sound great live and at least their a ROCK BAND :D.

Anyways Blink , Foos and YM@6 are a good start imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Agreed from what ive seen from the Reading Coverage they sound great live and at least their a ROCK BAND :D.

Anyways Blink , Foos and YM@6 are a good start imo
    You Me At Six are a pretty good live band. I have seen them 3 times and had tickets to last nights show (missed it due to snow) but every time I have seen them they were really good!!

• Advertisement

You Me At Six are a pretty good live band. I have seen them 3 times and had tickets to last nights show (missed it due to snow) but every time I have seen them they were really good!!

Yea i wasnt really interested in them in 09 but got into them with the new album. Didnt get a chance to see them at Pukkelpop either

Advertisement